Was a good year and what a regular season ending

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Dont forget Bedlam

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Bowl season is where you give the money back with all the meaningless shit bowls

got to start digging for teams motivation and other angles

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

bowl games just turn into exhibitions. too many meaningless matchups. just vacations for players. neutral fields make them difficult to bet on. too much time until they get around to playing them. teams, players, coaches lose edge. too much commercial sponsorship. should have playoff system with less teams qualifying. does anyone really care who ends up #9 or #12. concentrate on nfl instead.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Bet10Heinekens View Post

Bowl season is where you give the money back with all the meaningless shit bowls

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post

bowl games just turn into exhibitions. too many meaningless matchups. just vacations for players. neutral fields make them difficult to bet on. too much time until they get around to playing them. teams, players, coaches lose edge. too much commercial sponsorship.

Good stuff men!

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Looking forward to OSU Sparty

Early lean is +6.5

thoughts...

uxley.2
    Update your status
    uxley.2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dfish View Post
    Looking forward to OSU Sparty

Early lean is +6.5

thoughts...
    If you take MSU you're assuming OSU won't score 24 or more. MSU doesn't have the type of offense that bothers OSU and no one has stopped OSU's offense this year. 35-17 sounds about right. I'll take -6 all day.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Msu ml

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Majority of the sh#$ bowls... throughout history... favorites tend to cover a lot more.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

If you are dumb enoughto wager on them, that is on you. There are all kinds of angles and history that you can follow that should save you a few bucks, but that is why 85% of you are losers in here. As far as the Ohio State-Michigan State game is concerned, we are talking the Big 10 here, so anything can happen. Ohio State will be held to under 30 points, but can Michigan State score enough points against an Ohio State defense that runs hot and cold?

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I disagree. Bowls are so much easier to cap, for the exact reason you mentioned - motivation.

I have always gotten a lot of money back this time of year.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    The second season begins...

Conference Championship Games

Bowl Season
    Not true Mr.Fish.... We still have the Army/Navy game to go on December 14th.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    I disagree. Bowls are so much easier to cap, for the exact reason you mentioned - motivation.

unless you are playing for the national championship, i fail to see a lot of motivation by players who only hope to go to a warm weather bowl to vacation and party. don't see much disappointment on faces of losing team at end of a bowl game. more like the nba when they lose and shrug it off. maybe you've been lucky betting them in the past but that will change unless you have a foolproof angle. hope so.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post

You can make money if you can find the right angles...during this time year a lot of coaching changes, another angle to look for. Most bettors don't narrow the games down, they will bet all the bowls games

ChalkyDog

You can make money if you can find the right angles...during this time year a lot of coaching changes, another angle to look for. Most bettors don't narrow the games down, they will bet all the bowls games
    If you bet a lot of bowl games, you're going to get wrecked. That I can 100% agree with.

Choose your spots, or play into the bookies hand.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bowl season is hell. All the rest in between screws with teams. Only thing for sure, Hawaii bowl will feature a favored MWC team and the scrub squad from the C-USA will trounce them.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    unless you are playing for the national championship, i fail to see a lot of motivation by players who only hope to go to a warm weather bowl to vacation and party. don't see much disappointment on faces of losing team at end of a bowl game. more like the nba when they lose and shrug it off. maybe you've been lucky betting them in the past but that will change unless you have a foolproof angle. hope so.
    There are always teams that are terrible matchups. For instance, a spread offense vs. a Stanford or Bama defense.

But more than anything, there are teams who are really happy to be there matched up vs a team that can't find fukks to give.

Bowl games have been decent to me. Playoffs, in any sport is where I have done my damage. Hope to keep that going this year.

Also, there are always teams on paper that look a lot better vs an obscure team with a lot of pride.

Just like the first part of the season, Mid-Majors vs. Big Schools are awesome.

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

Seasons go too fast.
    After lots of years I'm still learning the game and this year was no different
    Hit the early weeks hard as the lines are skewed off last years teams/records, as the season went on, the lines got sharper

Bowl season is always a coin flip, one of the few times picking the better conference may be the best angle