Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Friday afternoon Turkey bailout: Miami/Pitt Under 56

This line is off by at least a TD. Miami's offense has gone backwards and Pitt has never had one. Who's going to score here? This is a Pitt home game where Heinz field may be in horrible conditions (not sure if HS playoff games tore it up any more than it usualy is). Miami players do not play well in the cold weather. They will not want to be there and will play like it. Sure Miami put up a lot of points last week against UVA but that's because UVA had like 4 turnovers, 3 for TD's. Miami is a mash unit on defensive backs so Pitt could get quick points in the air but I doubt it with the weather.

Temps will be around 28 degrees but feel like 18 degrees with high humidity and possible snow flurries. 10 mph winds as well.

Kids wishing they were still in Florida eating turkey. This is a great opportunity to load your account for the holidays.

Under 56 smells like money...

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    This line is off by at least a TD. Miami's offense has gone backwards and Pitt has never had one. Who's going to score here? This is a Pitt home game where Heinz field may be in horrible conditions (not sure if HS playoff games tore it up any more than it usualy is). Miami players do not play well in the cold weather. They will not want to be there and will play like it. Sure Miami put up a lot of points last week against UVA but that's because UVA had like 4 turnovers, 3 for TD's. Miami is a mash unit on defensive backs so Pitt could get quick points in the air but I doubt it with the weather.

Temps will be around 28 degrees but feel like 18 degrees with high humidity and possible snow flurries. 10 mph winds as well.

Kids wishing they were still in Florida eating turkey. This is a great opportunity to load your account for the holidays.

Under 56 smells like money...

Yeah I don't really watch a lot of ACC or these teams in particular but I do follow games on the go. And it has seemed like ever since the FSU pounding The U has regressed or possibly were never good to begin with. Besides the shootout against Duke a lot of Pitt games do seem to be more low scoring, Pitts Dfense should be able to somewhat contain the U, you would think. Doesn't seem like Pitts offense is that high powered either. Think the key though is the game temps, 28 degrees..that's pretty damn cold to be throwing the football in, most people wouldn't be able to feel their hands without gloves after 15-20 minutes. I like it and I'm on board.

Blannewk
    Blannewk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1395

Glad to see you back Mac!!

Mac4Lyfe

Good to see you too Blanne...

Quote Originally Posted by Blannewk View Post
    Glad to see you back Mac!!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Why is this total set so high?

Mac4Lyfe

I think it's high because Miami put up a bunch last week (but it was because of turnovers) and Miami is a mash unit in their defensive backfield. Maybe Pitt will score a bunch threw the air, which I don't believe.

Morris is scruggling for Miami. I don't see him putting up many points either. Add the weather and I love this play.

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Why is this total set so high?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I think it's high because Miami put up a bunch last week (but it was because of turnovers) and Miami is a mash unit in their defensive backfield. Maybe Pitt will score a bunch threw the air, which I don't believe.

Morris is scruggling for Miami. I don't see him putting up many points either. Add the weather and I love this play.
    I know Pitt is bad, but I don't understand why they're a dog here either.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

like the writeup gonna tail for a unit

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    like the writeup gonna tail for a unit
    Me too. Thanks for the info.

Mac4Lyfe

I think people are looking at the overall records. I think Pitt is playing better football right now despite the loss to UNC (who I think is really playing well) a couple weeks ago. Both Miami and Pitt seem to be fairly evenly matched but with the DB shuffle for Miami, Pitt seems to be the better team, especially at home and in cold weather. Historically, Miami has been horrible in cold weather by my recollection.

I'm took Pitt +3 for a little. I might have to press my bet the more I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I know Pitt is bad, but I don't understand why they're a dog here either.

therocket
    you cant teach passion
    therocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Sound reasoning. The field and weather (especially for the U) should play alot in to the total. Thanks for sharing your insight. BOL

SteveKerrsJunk

Yeah. Anybody can put up points against UV. Well see if the Canes can score in Pitt. Doubt they score over 24.

Mac4Lyfe

14-0 Miami in just 3 minutes. Pitt fumbles the first kick off then has their punt blocked. WTF? Couldn't ask for a worst start.

Plus the field looks good, the weather subsided, zero wind. Why am I being punished?

SteveKerrsJunk

Brutal.

Mac4Lyfe

WTF - Pitt TD now. 5 minutes into the game and already 21 points. Sorry folks for the horrible call, this shit is over before it had a chance. Absolutely stunned.

Mac4Lyfe

OMG - Miami finally punts and Pitt has an illegal substitution to give Miami a first down and extend the drive. Another special teams blunder. Some fukker on Pitt has money on Miami. Unfukingreal.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I've seen some ill-prepared teams before, but this Pitt performance might take the cake.

The Factor
    The Factor's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanx for bailing me out