Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

I follow UF and FSU religiously. I originally had this game circled as one that UF could challenge and actually win. Unfortunately, the team is so banged up, they are down to playing a walk on and redshirt freshman at LB. What I like about UF was that the defensive backs was the strength of the team. They were pretty good at stopping the pass BUT something happened in the Mizzou game. They lost their swagger and too are a shell of themselves. They seem to have poor technique, drawing an inordinate amount of pass interference calls and are out of position. That sucks because FSU's running game is vastly overrated. A good defense would make them one dimensional and with pressure, Winston has shown to throw up interceptions. Unfortunately, UF's defensive line is a shambles and can't get pressure on anyone. The worst concern is the LB's trying to cover FSU's tight ends. This is where FSU is going to dominate this game. I hope I can find a prop on TE receptions.

UF's passing game is horrid. They could establish the run though if they're not making mistakes or drive killing penalties. Muschump will slow the game down and hope to wear FSU's defense out. Last year, UF punched FSU in the mouth and they folded (especially EJ Manual). UF just doesn't have the horses this year to do the same. Too many injured guys. Then you have to also think about their mental state. Either they take this as their superbowl and the offensive line comes in with an attitude and they cover easy OR they are a shambles mentally and give up, which they have done on more than 1 occasion (GSU and Mizzou).

Be careful with this one. Jimbo is good friends with Muschimp. They share a vacation spot together. He is not going to want to embarrass his friend here. He'll be able to save the blowout for Duke and till come out good with the BCS. My gut says UF covers here. They slow the game down too much to be able to get many touches for FSU. But like I said before, I can't honestly put up serious money on shit teams. Maybe put a ham sandwich on them with a coke ML bet but anything else is a coin flip. You don't know what kids are going to show up here.
    Points Awarded:

SBR_John gave Mac4Lyfe 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBR_John

rolltideroll0
    rolltideroll0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Guys!!!

These 'cappers got you guys overthinking this... It's FSU -27.5 all day and OVER 44. Let's not forget that Georgia Southern beat Florida last week. FSU is going to score @ least 6 touchdowns. Honestly, I would bet that FSU's backups could beat Florida's starters by 14+. This is a very rare gift.... take it now. By Saturday this will be -3X and Over 48+
    Points Awarded:

shopbar picks gave rolltideroll0 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Only way this goes over is if FSU scores 99% of the points. Their D isn't bad in its own right, Florida might put up 10-13 points in this one.
    FSU's D is better than Florida's according to FEI

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

the under is the play.

Floridas defense is good and will contain FSU to under 30 points.

how the hell is Florida going to score though?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Florida's defense has been trash the last few weeks with all the injuries. The LB crew is a complete mess. I couldn't even tell you who will start at LB because they're not even on scholarship. Vandy put up 34 points on this defense, Mizzou put up 36 with a backup freshman making his first start. AND the defense is even more depleted this week.

The only way I see this being under is if Jimbo calls off the dogs at halftime because he knows that UF's offense is no threat at scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    the under is the play.

Floridas defense is good and will contain FSU to under 30 points.

how the hell is Florida going to score though?

Dr Nostron
    Dr Nostron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10978

GA southern ran for over 400 yards on the Gators defense - with no threat of the pass.

Gator D is garbage.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Nostron View Post
    GA southern ran for over 400 yards on the Gators defense - with no threat of the pass.

Gator D is garbage.
    It's also the triple option. So really if Florida was looking ahead to FSU as most think it is understandbale as to why that happened. You stand no chance against the Triple Option without preparation.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by rolltideroll0 View Post
    Guys!!!

These 'cappers got you guys overthinking this... It's FSU -27.5 all day and OVER 44. Let's not forget that Georgia Southern beat Florida last week. FSU is going to score @ least 6 touchdowns. Honestly, I would bet that FSU's backups could beat Florida's starters by 14+. This is a very rare gift.... take it now. By Saturday this will be -3X and Over 48+
    Who cares about last week and it is still -27.5 or less.

rolltideroll0
    rolltideroll0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Who cares about last week and it is still -27.5 or less.
    if i could parlay both of these i would lay $500 on a 2 legger: 1) FSU -27.5 2) Over 44

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

you idiots still saying Florida has a great defense, they sure looked like it last week against that powerhouse lol...

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    you idiots still saying Florida has a great defense, they sure looked like it last week against that powerhouse lol...
    They did play LSU, Georgia and South Carolina pretty tough, though. Florida's like USC. The talent is there but they play down to their competition, but when they play a team better than them (i.e. LSU, South Carolina, Georgia) they play up to their competition.

I'm staying far away from this one. I wouldn't bet Florida in a million years, but given the way they've played good teams well, I'm not going to touch FSU, either, particularly with this game being in Gainesville. There are better games to bet tomorrow, IMO.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

FSU was -21 or so vs. Miami when it was a showdown. How the fukk is FSU only -21 against Florida??

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I follow UF and FSU religiously. I originally had this game circled as one that UF could challenge and actually win. Unfortunately, the team is so banged up, they are down to playing a walk on and redshirt freshman at LB. What I like about UF was that the defensive backs was the strength of the team. They were pretty good at stopping the pass BUT something happened in the Mizzou game. They lost their swagger and too are a shell of themselves. They seem to have poor technique, drawing an inordinate amount of pass interference calls and are out of position. That sucks because FSU's running game is vastly overrated. A good defense would make them one dimensional and with pressure, Winston has shown to throw up interceptions. Unfortunately, UF's defensive line is a shambles and can't get pressure on anyone. The worst concern is the LB's trying to cover FSU's tight ends. This is where FSU is going to dominate this game. I hope I can find a prop on TE receptions.

UF's passing game is horrid. They could establish the run though if they're not making mistakes or drive killing penalties. Muschump will slow the game down and hope to wear FSU's defense out. Last year, UF punched FSU in the mouth and they folded (especially EJ Manual). UF just doesn't have the horses this year to do the same. Too many injured guys. Then you have to also think about their mental state. Either they take this as their superbowl and the offensive line comes in with an attitude and they cover easy OR they are a shambles mentally and give up, which they have done on more than 1 occasion (GSU and Mizzou).

Be careful with this one. Jimbo is good friends with Muschimp. They share a vacation spot together. He is not going to want to embarrass his friend here. He'll be able to save the blowout for Duke and till come out good with the BCS. My gut says UF covers here. They slow the game down too much to be able to get many touches for FSU. But like I said before, I can't honestly put up serious money on shit teams. Maybe put a ham sandwich on them with a coke ML bet but anything else is a coin flip. You don't know what kids are going to show up here.
    Great write up. I'm tempted to bet Florida but I dont think they can be counted on to put up points. I'll just stick with the Under.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    FSU was -21 or so vs. Miami when it was a showdown. How the fukk is FSU only -21 against Florida??
    Easy. Florida lost by only a field goal to Georgia and 5 points on the road to South Carolina. While they play down to their competition, they also play up to their competition. They are a fickle team. Not saying to bet Florida (because you'd be crazy to)...just saying I can see the case for them keeping it close...at least for a while.

Despite last week's game, that game against South Carolina two weeks ago and the fact Florida almost won at their stadium is enough to make me curious about this game tomorrow and whether they can keep this game close...like I said...at least for a while.
    Last edited by navyblue81; 11-29-13 at 06:07 PM.

First 12