Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

Nickel on Cincinnati at Houston under.

Season ticket holder for UH here, I haven't been posting much lately but the wife wanted to go grab breakfast with the kids today and made me get up early so I decided to do a mini write up on this game.

Honestly I'm playing the weather right now. UH is re-building Robertson Stadium and has played all but one of their home games at the Texans Reliant Stadium (dome). We have had nasty weather in Houston the last couple of days. It's raining, windy, and cold (for us anyway, it's 45 right now and won't get over 50 all day), and today they play at BBVA Compass stadium (home of the Houston Dynamo) which is open and has Bermuda grass.

I expect a close game with quite a bit of field goals because of the elements and the unfamiliar stadium for both teams. I know we're going to be freezing out there so I put a bet to keep me interested in the game. Fade or follow, good luck to you guys.

Cincinnati/Houston u59 ½ (-110) $500

TexasJayhawk
    TexasJayhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Quote Originally Posted by Cheme82 View Post
    Season ticket holder for UH here, I haven't been posting much lately but the wife wanted to go grab breakfast with the kids today and made me get up early so I decided to do a mini write up on this game.

Honestly I'm playing the weather right now. UH is re-building Robertson Stadium and has played all but one of their home games at the Texans Reliant Stadium (dome). We have had nasty weather in Houston the last couple of days. It's raining, windy, and cold (for us anyway, it's 45 right now and won't get over 50 all day), and today they play at BBVA Compass stadium (home of the Houston Dynamo) which is open and has Bermuda grass.

I expect a close game with quite a bit of field goals because of the elements and the unfamiliar stadium for both teams. I know we're going to be freezing out there so I put a bet to keep me interested in the game. Fade or follow, good luck to you guys.

Cincinnati/Houston u59 ½ (-110) $500
    Crazy thing is that UH players voted BBVA over Rice Stadium. As long as Levine doesn't f up play-calling UH defense should shut Cinn down.

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

i agree with this because i see houston winning this game by 10 or more.The low line really baffles me.Think it shpuld be more like a -9,but it is what it is.Im all over UH and also am going to make a play on the under for 100 right now.

Cheme82

Quote Originally Posted by TexasJayhawk View Post
    Crazy thing is that UH players voted BBVA over Rice Stadium. As long as Levine doesn't f up play-calling UH defense should shut Cinn down.
    They sure did, we'd rather play in grass than set foot over there lol. Talking about Rice, that onside kick the Rice kid kicked towards the end of the game is the best one I've ever seen. Sure made for an exciting end to that game.http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tqvub8cMYC8

Cheme82

Quote Originally Posted by bradleysnyder View Post
    i agree with this because i see houston winning this game by 10 or more.The low line really baffles me.Think it shpuld be more like a -9,but it is what it is.Im all over UH and also am going to make a play on the under for 100 right now.
    Honestly I'm just hoping they win bro, don't really see them winning by that much but I'll be cheering for you that they destroy them. 25-12 works for me lol.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've got Cincy +.5 First Half. I'm a fellow H-towner here as well and I don't see the Coogs winning this game. Cincy has a better defense than Coogs and that plays well into this bad weather.

Best of Luck

Cheme82

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    I've got Cincy +.5 First Half. I'm a fellow H-towner here as well and I don't see the Coogs winning this game. Cincy has a better defense than Coogs and that plays well into this bad weather.

Best of Luck
    Agreed, that's why I said I just hope they win. Perfect 1st. Q for me on that under, I'll cheer for a 0-0 at half and then UH wins it by 6 in the second half. That way we all win.
    Attached Images  

Cheme82

Hope you didn't go too heavy on the Coogs Bradley, disappointing showing today. I think Levine kept O'Korn way too long in there. He struggled in the elements and he should've brought in Ward to start the second half.

Kay is used to playing in weather like this and it showed, he had a great game.

lovetobet
    lovetobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2200

Nice call on the under.

Cheme82

Thanks bro.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Your insight to the field conditions made me finalize my decision on the Under. Thanks!

Cheme82

Glad it helped you pull the trigger bro, congrats.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

I didn't see this thread before the game, but thanks for sharing your insight. Robertson Stadium brings back memories for me as my first girlfriend in Texas was a UH student. Will be sorry to see it go.

Cheme82

Yeah man, brings memories from my undergrad years there as well. But as the program gets better it's the price we have to pay (on top of season tickets increasing like crazy lol) for that.