TheMLBKing
    TheMLBKing's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone betting Chattanooga+49?

Seems like Saban doesn't care for blowing teams out by 50+ points (not a single team they have played has lost by that amount), especially when he has a tough task in Auburn the next week.

TexasJayhawk
    TexasJayhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

I put $50 on it Wed. Saban is a classy dude and doesn't run up the score (i.e. beat the spread) vs. baby gazelles. Decent chance I'm wrong but I'll take my chances.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Bama just needs to win to stay #1.

dzuke155
    dzuke155's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1435

7 touchdowns is ALOT of points. Staying away from that game

TexasJayhawk

Quote Originally Posted by dzuke155 View Post
    7 touchdowns is ALOT of points. Staying away from that game
    Yeh. But this thread is about taking Chatanooga PLUS 49 not taking Alabama -49. If Saban wanted to (key word: want) it'd be 100-0 but that a. makes him look like a you know what. b. Inefficiently uses starters and 2nd stringers when arguably their biggest game is vs. Auburn next week.

Microbetter
    Microbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13606

I covered thid topic in another thread when Bama played GSU. Saban said in an interview that he just doesn't run up the score "because you wouldn't like if they did that to you." What these games really are (GSU, Chatt) are live practice sessions with a team you can hit. You can get in your reps without injuring your own players.
    As in the GSU game, you can expect Bama to score at will. Bama will also put in their second string in the second half. As far as betting goes, you may want to take a look at first half action or just go ahead and take the points. I live in Chatt. and know that they will be a tougher opponent than GSU. This is the game that will decide whether a Mocs player is 3rd round or 5th round material.

TexasJayhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Microbetter View Post
    I covered thid topic in another thread when Bama played GSU. Saban said in an interview that he just doesn't run up the score "because you wouldn't like if they did that to you." What these games really are (GSU, Chatt) are live practice sessions with a team you can hit. You can get in your reps without injuring your own players.
    As in the GSU game, you can expect Bama to score at will. Bama will also put in their second string in the second half. As far as betting goes, you may want to take a look at first half action or just go ahead and take the points. I live in Chatt. and know that they will be a tougher opponent than GSU. This is the game that will decide whether a Mocs player is 3rd round or 5th round material.
    I'm interested to see if Sweeney and Spurrier feel the same way. Definitely thinking Clemson is classy enough not to destroy a military school, much less a neighbor.

The Horse
    The Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 763

Quote Originally Posted by Microbetter View Post

ha, i was born and raised in chattanooga...live in denver now.

nice to see the mocs playing well this season.

Scratch 23
    Scratch 23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

I think I'm 6-1 betting Bama games with my only loss last week. What you guys are saying is right on, and i've said it in other threads throughought the yr. He will crush the weaker SEC foes (ky,tenn, ark) by the 28 or so they usually lay. When playing ex coaches (csu) or weaker FBS schools, he pulls starters and calls the dogs off. Is there any reason this won't continue today?? I don't think so. Take the 49.

JM17
    JM17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

chattanooga is a pretty shitty team though. this is coming from someone who lives 10 minutes from that campus.

Microbetter
    Microbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13606

Quote Originally Posted by JM17 View Post
    chattanooga is a pretty shitty team though. this is coming from someone who lives 10 minutes from that campus.
    GSU is horrendous but covered. So, I'm going with Saban's character rather than Moc's ability.