ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Field goal at the end of the UCF/Rutgers game?

I had UCF giving the 20pts. I was happy with his decision. Looking at the total, I seem to think there was something else behind that questionable call. Down by 27 under a minute left. Field goal?? Any of you that think this shyt isn't fixed want to explain that one to me?

npmassa
    npmassa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5377

Ya that was some shady play at the end no reason what so ever for that fg at all none let them play to the end that coach has ruined in 2 years what Schiano built

CDMKMP
    CDMKMP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Meh, only three minutes left, 4th and 10, down 27 points

Makes no sense in football terms to go for a FG there but you also aren't winning the game regardless. Coach was just trying to make the box score look a little better for his future job search.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16988

Quote Originally Posted by ZINISTER View Post
    I had UCF giving the 20pts. I was happy with his decision. Looking at the total, I seem to think there was something else behind that questionable call. Down by 27 under a minute left. Field goal?? Any of you that think this shyt isn't fixed want to explain that one to me?
    lol same reason teams that are down by 50 punt the ball. they just want the score to be a little more respectable. i cant imagine any games that you could think were legit if you think this was fixed because he kicked a field goal when he had no chance to win.

TiredPro
    TiredPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Filed goal kept it from going over.

TexasJayhawk
    TexasJayhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Quote Originally Posted by TiredPro View Post
    Filed goal kept it from going over.
    Exactly. I pushed as a result (had U 58). Very very strange call to kick it though...

ZINISTER

LOL-really LOL, my god some people have no concept of reality! Great points though! He was making his resume look better for the future. OK let me see, Oh you got beat 41-17 instead of 14 against UCF, jobs yours for that one. Now if it would have been 14 you wouldn't have got the job here at " I'm so Phucken Dumb University" And that guy Zinister must be a real shyt for brains to think football is fixed because a coach goes for a field goal for NO apparent reason down by 27 and the total would have went over with a TD. Punting down by a bunch is a totally different story. I'm an idiot for betting on sports knowing they are fixed, but betting on them and thinking they are on the level is worse. Next time, state your reason for disagreeing and exclude the LOL unless you are LOLing yourself. Sorry to the OVER people last night, that was worse then a ref making a suspect call to determine the outcome of a game.

CDMKMP

It's not like they stood any decent chance of scoring if they went for it. If he wanted to keep the under he could just as easily call a stupid play he knows won't work and leave UCF with a long field.

CDMKMP

LOL-really LOL, my god some people have no concept of reality! Great points though! He was making his resume look better for the future. OK let me see, Oh you got beat 41-17 instead of 14 against UCF, jobs yours for that one. Now if it would have been 14 you wouldn't have got the job here at " I'm so Phucken Dumb University" And that guy Zinister must be a real shyt for brains to think football is fixed because a coach goes for a field goal for NO apparent reason down by 27 and the total would have went over with a TD. Punting down by a bunch is a totally different story. I'm an idiot for betting on sports knowing they are fixed, but betting on them and thinking they are on the level is worse. Next time, state your reason for disagreeing and exclude the LOL unless you are LOLing yourself. Sorry to the OVER people last night, that was worse then a ref making a suspect call to determine the outcome of a game.

People who cry conspiracy all the time are f*cking morons.

So congratulations.

He's not winning the game anyway, 4th and 10 is extremely low percentage to score, so just give his the kicker the ball and make the final difference look slightly little less bad.

I'm sure your rationale of massive conspiracy stands up to Occam's Razor pretty well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

ZINISTER

It is gambling with a city called Vegas involved. Moron-very nice! Not on here to argue with computer tough guys. Just stating the facts of the situation and looking for the people that think it is still not fixed to comment. Thank you for your participation. These acts of CONSPIRACY are occurring way to much to think all of them have some simple explanation. Kennedy's assassination was NOT a conspiracy! See I'm all better now.

ajcobb22
    ajcobb22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

It wasn't fixed. Go take a look at the end of the Rutgers vs Cincy game last week and tell me if you see anything similar. I was in the stands and I called it. Same as I knew he was going to fake punt down 21 (as it worked so nicely against Rutgers when Cincy did it). Also Federico is horrible so any in-game practice Flood can get him I suspect he would take it.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16988

yes some ppl do have no concept of reality. if the coach was trying to hit the under why did he go for a fake punt and try to block that punt at the end of the first half? why didnt he just run the ball on the last drive instead of passsing? he could of easily scored no points that game if he wanted to.

TiredPro
    TiredPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

He may have also needed the 3 points to make his teaser a winner.........

thezamfamily
    thezamfamily's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 276

I lost the over too..... Gave the dude the benefit of of the doubt....I thought maybe he was trying to work on special team (fg unit) , but then kick it deep and not try the special teams (onside kick unit) ? that was shady

jscene
    jscene's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1460

Quote Originally Posted by thezamfamily View Post
    I lost the over too..... Gave the dude the benefit of of the doubt....I thought maybe he was trying to work on special team (fg unit) , but then kick it deep and not try the special teams (onside kick unit) ? that was shady
    An onside kick in a blowout with 33 seconds left is bad etiquette for either side. Imagine if someone got hurt? He ended the game with the fg. UCF -16, or wherever it ended up, was the play.

thezamfamily
    thezamfamily's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 276

bad etiquette is making your players kick a chip shot FG down 27.... I bet that was a real moral booster for them.... I lost the bet , I can deal with that... Even if that FG got me the $$$ its still a CRAP call...

jscene
    jscene's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1460

Quote Originally Posted by thezamfamily View Post
    bad etiquette is making your players kick a chip shot FG down 27.... I bet that was a real moral booster for them.... I lost the bet , I can deal with that... Even if that FG got me the $$$ its still a CRAP call...
    Yeah, maybe bad etiquette for you but not bad football etiquette. What if someone got hurt?

TexasJayhawk
    TexasJayhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Quote Originally Posted by CDMKMP View Post
    People who cry conspiracy all the time are f*cking morons.

So congratulations.

He's not winning the game anyway, 4th and 10 is extremely low percentage to score, so just give his the kicker the ball and make the final difference look slightly little less bad.

I'm sure your rationale of massive conspiracy stands up to Occam's Razor pretty well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor
    While I don't think this game was "fixed", I think it's kind of naive and moronic to think that it NEVER happens..I can link up Wikipedia too!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Match_f...gambling_today