Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can sure tell it is about the end of the College Football Season, as it is DEAD HERE!

At the start of the season, there are posters galore, but come about this time, everyone has lost there money, and went back to there caves to hibernate, and then after the bowl season, you find out who the real football fans are, as they stick around to share information on coaching changes, new recruits, exchange information on what teams have lost what through graduation and for forth, and I can count these dedicated posters on one hand.

squardo
    squardo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is there a conference you follow more closely than others? I follow UGA pretty close along with the SEC so I'll keep you up to date with what I know or can dig up in the offseason.

Urbanwildlife

No, I have no conference or team that I follow or consider a favorite. My favorite is always the team that is covering my play!

thezamfamily
    thezamfamily's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 276

Marlin

Contrats on the nice Blue Marlin and the damn good looking senoritas , fish for any other types of fish? Whats is your take on Navy,Rice, and Mizzou... got all 3 of these circled...

Urbanwildlife

Catch a lot of yellowfin tuna and dorado, in addition to the marlin and sails. Thank you for your kind words!

Like all 3, so enjoy your stroll to the pay window on Saturday!

buckeyesooner
    buckeyesooner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2127

Shit, I'll be here til they turn the lights off. Be fun to see what happens with some major programs retooling.

jpot34
    jpot34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 373

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Catch a lot of yellowfin tuna and dorado, in addition to the marlin and sails. Thank you for your kind words!

Like all 3, so enjoy your stroll to the pay window on Saturday!

Urban, after reading your thread, you have intrigued me. Where did you grow up/work, and how did you accumulate your wealth (occupation)? Thanx, if you care to reply!!!!

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by jpot34 View Post
    Urban, after reading your thread, you have intrigued me. Where did you grow up/work, and how did you accumulate your wealth (occupation)? Thanx, if you care to reply!!!!
    Originally from the Midwest United States, ended up going to college in Wisconsin for 2 years, then transferring to a college in California. Eventually got a job in the entertainment industry (music and theatre) on a international level on the business side of things for many years, then got burned out and left this industry, and relocated to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, a city I fell in love with, and use to frequent after coming off of tours. I ended up buying a small Mexican cantina/sportsbar, and eventually a bar/nightclub, and also purchased several condos that I rented out on a daily basis, like you would a hotel room. They are called vacation rentals. When the economy was going down the tubes in the actual city of Puerto Vallarta due to the building of a new hotel zone called Nuevo Vallarta that is located about 45 minutes away from the city of Puerto Vallarta, as well many of your hotels going to all inclusive, it killed the economy of the city of Puerto Vallarta, so I sold everything, before losing money on them, and relocated to the country of Colombia, where I just duplicated what I had done in Puerto Vallarta, with the guidance of a good friend who was in the same industry, and was very successful. I also have a couple other businesses that I am basically a silent partner in that fortunately have been very successful for me.

Also one of my keys to getting to where I am at in my life today, is refraining from taking on any unnecessary debt, and eliminating as many responsibilities as possible. I have never had a car loan, or taken out any type of loans that will not make me money, so basically if I have taken out a loan, it is going to be on something like for my condo rentals, where I am going to have immediate revenue coming in to cover the payment of the loan. My house that you saw in the pics was built in many stages, as I would only add on to it when I had money available to do so, so I never had to take out a loan on it.

That is it .......

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

At the start of the season, there are posters galore, but come about this time, everyone has lost there money, and went back to there caves to hibernate, and then after the bowl season, you find out who the real football fans are, as they stick around to share information on coaching changes, new recruits, exchange information on what teams have lost what through graduation and for forth, and I can count these dedicated posters on one hand.
    Yeah its human nature.

People are always excited for a new season.

A lot of us are broke right now. And with the holidays coming
    its not an easy time to come up with cash for gambling.

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Yeah its human nature.

People are always excited for a new season.

A lot of us are broke right now. And with the holidays coming
    its not an easy time to come up with cash for gambling.
    I totally understand where you are coming from Big Bear, but what that tells me is people have to be more selective in choosing what they want to play. The game is there for people to make money, but it takes patience to find the correct opportunities.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Urban,

do you recommend taking out a loan to rent condos?

How much loan would i need?

is it difficult to manage and keep customers coming?

Urbanwildlife

all depends on the logistics and marketing. In my case I purchased oceanfront condos in a market where there were, and are many tourists, and where a 4 or 5 star hotel costs 400 to 500 dollars a night, so renting a luxury condo at a quarter or half the price of a hotel room makes all the logical sense in the world.

jpot34

Originally from the Midwest United States, ended up going to college in Wisconsin for 2 years, then transferring to a college in California. Eventually got a job in the entertainment industry (music and theatre) on a international level on the business side of things for many years, then got burned out and left this industry, and relocated to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, a city I fell in love with, and use to frequent after coming off of tours. I ended up buying a small Mexican cantina/sportsbar, and eventually a bar/nightclub, and also purchased several condos that I rented out on a daily basis, like you would a hotel room. They are called vacation rentals. When the economy was going down the tubes in the actual city of Puerto Vallarta due to the building of a new hotel zone called Nuevo Vallarta that is located about 45 minutes away from the city of Puerto Vallarta, as well many of your hotels going to all inclusive, it killed the economy of the city of Puerto Vallarta, so I sold everything, before losing money on them, and relocated to the country of Colombia, where I just duplicated what I had done in Puerto Vallarta, with the guidance of a good friend who was in the same industry, and was very successful. I also have a couple other businesses that I am basically a silent partner in that fortunately have been very successful for me.

Also one of my keys to getting to where I am at in my life today, is refraining from taking on any unnecessary debt, and eliminating as many responsibilities as possible. I have never had a car loan, or taken out any type of loans that will not make me money, so basically if I have taken out a loan, it is going to be on something like for my condo rentals, where I am going to have immediate revenue coming in to cover the payment of the loan. My house that you saw in the pics was built in many stages, as I would only add on to it when I had money available to do so, so I never had to take out a loan on it.

That is it .......

Outstanding! What school in Wisconsin? I'm from Illinois (unfortunately), and most of my family live in the Madison area. Small world! Congratulations on becoming/being very successful!!!!!

Urbanwildlife

Went to UW-LaCrosse.

jpot34

Went to UW-LaCrosse.

Wow! Beautiful area! Had a friend go there. Nice chatting with you!

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

I know everything about Ohio State......everything
    Quote Originally Posted by squardo View Post
    Is there a conference you follow more closely than others? I follow UGA pretty close along with the SEC so I'll keep you up to date with what I know or can dig up in the offseason.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

so right though....1000's of post at the beginning....slimming down now lol.....too funny.......Will be a player my whole life

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Excellent write-up Urban. As usual, the losers have been filtered out, and that is about 80% of the people who post in here on September. Others who continue to post do not have any money to wager, so they are wagering air. There are a lot of those still left because they have to see their thoughts in print.

I have been doing this longer than any of you. I started full time back in 1971. Things were a lot different back then, but one thing remains the same. You do NOT wager against the house, book, shop, or whatever you want to call it. You wager against other people who take the other side. All the book does is furnish you with the tools to do this. They charge a fee for this, called the "Vig". I have averaged about 58.4% in the past 40 years. Yes that has made me a lot of money, but it did not happen over night. This season I am 50-35 for a 58.8% win percentage so far. That includes my GOY wagers, which I use to create middles, amongst other things. View my spreadsheet if you want to. I always play the same amount of money on my wagers, and I never play parlays, teasers, or prop wagers. Those are strictly sucker plays. As you can see, I have played 85 games this season. That is college and pro, which is not a lot of games, compared to some. I am very selective in my choices and realize that if I want to try and hit for a huge win, I should buy lottery tickets. This is a "grind it out" type of game.
    Points Awarded:

buckeyesooner gave BigdaddyQH 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cmoney11

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Why do that when you can read preview magazines before the season starts, most sports bettors will move on to college hoops and NBA once the bowl season is done, most won't have time exchanging recruiting info. since they're are capping basketball

you already looking forward to national signing day Urban

Urbanwildlife

For me college football is a year round thing. I am not a player in any other sports, I watch them all, but it is only for entertainment purposes.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

For me college football is a year round thing. I am not a player in any other sports, I watch them all, but it is only for entertainment purposes.
    Takes a lot of discipline to wager on college football only...
    I disagree with your statement about the real college fans, this is a gambling forum, majority of bettors are fan of the money first, their favorite team is secondary when it comes to green paper...the hard core fans are found on teams forum blogs and website.

Urbanwildlife

but for me wagering is not for entertainment purposes, because of the amounts, so that is why I look at this just like I do a job for the most part, and why I put so much time and effort into learning everything I can about all the teams. There are a couple others on here who are in my same situation.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by Bet10Heinekens View Post
    Why do that when you can read preview magazines before the season starts, most sports bettors will move on to college hoops and NBA once the bowl season is done, most won't have time exchanging recruiting info. since they're are capping basketball

you already looking forward to national signing day Urban
    Those are the losers wagering out there. the ones that have to wager. The people who make people like Urban and myself rich. Any Professiional Gambler worth his/her weight in gold will tell you that you stick to one sport and tanke that very seriously. I mess arould with the horses, but I do not take that seriously. Ditto the NHL. For me, it is College Football 24/7/365.

Urbanwildlife

Do not speak for me, as I am far from "rich", and I am sure you are not either, as people with money do not need or have the desire to brag about it like you are constantly are doing.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Do not speak for me, as I am far from "rich", and I am sure you are not either, as people with money do not need or have the desire to brag about it like you are constantly are doing.
    True... there aren't many gazillionairs posting on IBB's.

I think *comfortable* would be a better adjective.

Urbanwildlife

Exactly! but we all know from reading the postings of the Queen that she is absolutely loaded! lol

Microbetter
    Microbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13606

Does anyone else call 58% win rate successful? Seems too small to me.

Urbanwildlife

Personally I could careless about percentage, as long as I am making money, that is all that is important. The other stuff is only ego crap, and that is of no importance to me, as I prefer to be humble, but the Queen is living in her own fantasy world, so I say nothing, as it would do no good.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Quote Originally Posted by Microbetter View Post
    Does anyone else call 58% win rate successful? Seems too small to me.
    A 58% winning percentage is excellent if it pertains to spreads and not huge money line favorites... it all depends on the methods employed by the sports investor.

My percentages suck, but I am more than happy with my results, because my aproach to sports investing isn't conducive to having over 52% of my plays hit.

possum11
    possum11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 948

Urban - cappersmall is a good forum. maybe not as many posters but more consistent. and BigdaddyQH got run off from there a long time ago.

Urbanwildlife

@ possum11 - Thank you and much appreciated. I will check it out.