doctordeuce
    doctordeuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Is FSU -56 vs Idaho the biggest line between two FBS this year?

...and I use the FBS moniker lightly when we are talking about the Vandels.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Ya biggest spread this year....NIU beat Idaho by 10. Fresno ST blew Idaho out by 30+....Florida ST should win by 60 lol

ChrisInTheMist
    ChrisInTheMist's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ole miss was -44 vs them and covered, this should be an easy cover by fl st

CDMKMP
    CDMKMP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

I always hesitate to take lines like this because there's so little margin for error. Yes, FSU can put up 60+ on Idaho any time they want, hell probably in three quarters.

But what is their motivation past a certain point? Up 50 are they really gonna be going balls out to impress the voters or risk injury to themselves? Do the voters really give a shit whether you beat IDAHO by 50 vs 60?

This is one of those things that seems like an absolute lock but then you get some stupid final score like 60-7 and curse FSU for giving up a meaningless TD or running clock at the end.

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Quote Originally Posted by CDMKMP View Post
    I always hesitate to take lines like this because there's so little margin for error. Yes, FSU can put up 60+ on Idaho any time they want, hell probably in three quarters.

But what is their motivation past a certain point? Up 50 are they really gonna be going balls out to impress the voters or risk injury to themselves? Do the voters really give a shit whether you beat IDAHO by 50 vs 60?

This is one of those things that seems like an absolute lock but then you get some stupid final score like 60-7 and curse FSU for giving up a meaningless TD or running clock at the end.
    That's why I like 1st half bets in games like that.

CDMKMP
    CDMKMP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    That's why I like 1st half bets in games like that.
    Yeah I was gonna say the same thing. Normally it takes very little to f*ck up a first half line (even against shitty teams), but the talent disparity here is gigantic.

I'd take FSU -35 first half, but it will probably be closer to -42. Books are probably gonna make you work for it.

It was funny with Oregon last year because so many people on here would absolutely hammer the 2nd half lines no matter what it was when Oregon was blowing the doors off shitty teams. I must have seen 3 different games where they let up the 2nd half because they were already up by 40+ ... and people on here would lose their shit about how Chip Kelly is a terrible coach and Oregon is retarded for not 'impressing the voters' more or getting in more reps with the first team vs Colorado