PickoMoff
    No Risk No Reward!
    PickoMoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 919

Marshall vs Tulsa -13.5??? Am I missing something here?

Injuries? Seriously am I missing something here or am I just overrating Marshall? They are only a -13.5 pts favourite over Tulsa? Is it because of their inconsistency? One time they trample teams and then other times just lay down like a hooker in heat.

I know they aren't in the top tier class but they should easily be able to cover this -14 pts spread against Tulsa.

Thoughts?

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22146

Tulsa is horrible! Defense stinks, qb stinks. Marshall should score at least 42. Question is how much will they give up

PickoMoff
    No Risk No Reward!

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    Tulsa is horrible! Defense stinks, qb stinks. Marshall should score at least 42. Question is how much will they give up
    Exactly! That's why I'm wondering why the line so low! I think it's because Marshall is inconsistent. Either way, I'm hammering Marshall!

Jwiggles
    Jwiggles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 301

Hey there! Help ya out a little Tulsa is tied for 2nd worst in NCAA football ATS (against the spread) this year with a record 1-8. But marshal is 6-3 but what is a little scary is they are 1-3 away and 5-0 at home ats. Even so I'd put my money against a team that has covered 1 time thus year any day. Gl man

ChrisInTheMist
    ChrisInTheMist's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marshall slaughters shit teams at home 1-3 away I'm pretty sure that's why. But they should still win by 20+ against tulsa

PickoMoff
    No Risk No Reward!

Quote Originally Posted by Jwiggles View Post
    Hey there! Help ya out a little Tulsa is tied for 2nd worst in NCAA football ATS (against the spread) this year with a record 1-8. But marshal is 6-3 but what is a little scary is they are 1-3 away and 5-0 at home ats. Even so I'd put my money against a team that has covered 1 time thus year any day. Gl man
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInTheMist View Post
    Marshall slaughters shit teams at home 1-3 away I'm pretty sure that's why. But they should still win by 20+ against tulsa
    Good info thanks. That kind of makes me double think, but Tulsa is trash so I'll take my chances.

RPK2004
    RPK2004's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Completely accurate that Tulsa is trash. Their QB play has been shaky at best and Marshall has the huge edge there. The reason for the low line is due to Marshall being a TERRIBLE away favorite, including a loss to an inferior Middle Tenn team by two straight up on the road as a favorite in a weekday game already this year. Middle (in my opinion) has a better team than Tulsa and Marshall at this time of the year MUST win this game to stay tied with ECU for first in the East CUSA division, so their focus should be fully intact here, as opposed to where it was in that loss to Middle. Marshall should clean house here, but that road favorite record is so bad and you add that in with public perception of what Tulsa was SUPPOSED to be this year, you get a suspiciously low line.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

This may or may not matter, but tomorrow is the anniversary of the tragic plane crash that killed 75 Marshall players, coaches, and other people close to the program. It's the first time the Herd have played a game on the road on the anniversary, and they're wearing special helmets with "75" on them to memorialize the dead.

SaMSoLeeT
    SaMSoLeeT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I think over is best play

RPK2004
    RPK2004's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Great info, that will have to come into play, especially in the first half, thanks!

9ersPride
    9ersPride's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tulsa start their rookie QB.

inZane
    inZane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4906

For what it's worth, Tulsa has won the last 2 years. 45-38 @ Marshall, and 59-17 @ home. Payback for the upper classmen?

PickoMoff
    No Risk No Reward!

Quote Originally Posted by RPK2004 View Post
    Completely accurate that Tulsa is trash. Their QB play has been shaky at best and Marshall has the huge edge there. The reason for the low line is due to Marshall being a TERRIBLE away favorite, including a loss to an inferior Middle Tenn team by two straight up on the road as a favorite in a weekday game already this year. Middle (in my opinion) has a better team than Tulsa and Marshall at this time of the year MUST win this game to stay tied with ECU for first in the East CUSA division, so their focus should be fully intact here, as opposed to where it was in that loss to Middle. Marshall should clean house here, but that road favorite record is so bad and you add that in with public perception of what Tulsa was SUPPOSED to be this year, you get a suspiciously low line.
    Thanks good info and yea, their road record just have me biting my nails but I couldn't see myself passing up this -13 line! BOL!

PickoMoff
    No Risk No Reward!

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    This may or may not matter, but tomorrow is the anniversary of the tragic plane crash that killed 75 Marshall players, coaches, and other people close to the program. It's the first time the Herd have played a game on the road on the anniversary, and they're wearing special helmets with "75" on them to memorialize the dead.
    Good info thanks! Hopefully they play their asses off to represent!

PickoMoff
    No Risk No Reward!

Quote Originally Posted by SaMSoLeeT View Post
    I think over is best play
    I got the over for this game and the Clemson game also! I'm more confident in the Clemson game or the over.

PickoMoff
    No Risk No Reward!

Quote Originally Posted by 9ersPride View Post
    Tulsa start their rookie QB.
    I hope he doesn't pull a Nick Foles tonight!

PickoMoff
    No Risk No Reward!

Quote Originally Posted by inZane View Post
    For what it's worth, Tulsa has won the last 2 years. 45-38 @ Marshall, and 59-17 @ home. Payback for the upper classmen?
    Yea but that was the Tulsa of old, not this trashy Tulsa but we'll see! BOL!

Bdolan33
    Bdolan33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

38-24 Marshall. But could easily go 34-20 Marshall give or take. Thats why the line

wufpakman21
    wufpakman21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3649

Quote Originally Posted by RPK2004 View Post

I totally agree with everything you said. I watched Marshall lay the egg at MTSU but MTSU is quite a bit better offensively than Tulsa. Plus Marshall had some stupid turnovers in that game if I recall. I expect to see the Herd win by 21 or more.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

this is the classic public tv road favorite burial. RLM on Tulsa. Im taking the home dog small.

inZane
    inZane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4906

I'm agreeing with ya Pick, I'm thinking Marshall's juniors and seniors are gonna smell blood and get a chance to kick an old foe in the nutz. Good luck.

ZIPPER HEAD
    ZIPPER HEAD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5106

Wtf marshall

PickoMoff
    No Risk No Reward!

SMFH! Those 3 back-to-back-to-back turnovers sealed it!