ridik01
    ridik01's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big 12 pick for the weekend Texas +3 vs. Okstate

Hello all, this is earlier than last week because I have tons of class work and fear I will not be able to post this thread later in the week.
    I'm 2-0 for you guys so hopefully I can keep my streak going.

Once again I remind you I am a rookie, do not take my picks to heart!

My pick: Texas +3 and win SU

I'm sure this line will change, but I feel this is almost easy money right now. Grey(RB) is out for Texas but Texas has plenty, I mean plenty of RBs to take his spot in this game.
    Here's why I think Texas will win this game SU; Let me begin, OKLAHOMA STATE HAS PLAYED NO ONE!!!!!! LITERALLY NO ONE! They have a schedule right now that would make your Grandma jealous of the quantity of cupcakes! Their largest win was against a lackluster TTech team that couldn't stop the run, literally couldn't stop the run...It was almost funny to watch. However from that game we learned that Oklahoma state couldn't stop the run either and their secondary got lit up by series of deep throws by TTech.
    Why Texas will cover and win SU; They're playing at DRK(Texas' stadium), that place is going to be packed with 100k screaming fans and Mack Brown is going to be feeling the pressure to win(his job is still at stake). Oklahoma state is a pass happy offense, and Texas has shown that they shut down pass happy offenses and force picks. Also, Okstate showed they could not stop the run against TTech, something that Texas' offense relies solely on this year. Expect a couple major run plays of 30+ yards and a couple deep bombs down the middle of the field. Not to mention Oklahoma state will get beat in the trenches on both sides of the ball and their offense and defense will suffer greatly from this.
    Okstate's running game will be completely shut down and they will be forced to throw, thus Texas' defense will start to hone in on the QB, making him rush to throw.

-Don't look at the WVU game too much here, WVU plays completely different at home and turns into a monster that would give the toughest teams in College Football a run for their money. Texas did show that their defense can force turnovers and interrupt the QB during this game.
    Mack Brown earns another win inching closer to the big 12 championship.

I'm feeling Iowa St. +24.5 may be a good pick also, but I haven't watched Iowa state play too much this year. I may post another thread later this week after I've done some research.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

good info thx ridik

RPK2004
    RPK2004's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Love the reasoning for this pick, not to mention Texas being at home as a dog with a much improving D, HOWEVER, a closer look into Texas' home field edge is negated somewhat when playing vs. Okie St., as Texas has only been a home dog a few times over the last 5 or 6 years, and they are 0-3, with 2 of those losses coming against the Cowboys. Okie St. also a dangerous away favorite. Not sure where you assume Texas will dominate in the trenches, as this has been one of the most improved areas for OK St. over the last few years and with more defensive injury issues for UT, I actually give the Cowboys the edge there. Ok. St's offense has been improving rapidly over the last few weeks (over inferior competition), but the Cowboys will be looking to avenge last years loss that UT stole away. Again, I love your reasoning and actually was on UT'S side here. I love that they are a home dog with the way they have played since the OU game and this being for a practical conference title elimination game, but think it could go either way here. If I had a gun to my head, I'd be with you on the Horns. Good luck!

ridik01

Quote Originally Posted by RPK2004 View Post
    Love the reasoning for this pick, not to mention Texas being at home as a dog with a much improving D, HOWEVER, a closer look into Texas' home field edge is negated somewhat when playing vs. Okie St., as Texas has only been a home dog a few times over the last 5 or 6 years, and they are 0-3, with 2 of those losses coming against the Cowboys. Okie St. also a dangerous away favorite. Not sure where you assume Texas will dominate in the trenches, as this has been one of the most improved areas for OK St. over the last few years and with more defensive injury issues for UT, I actually give the Cowboys the edge there. Ok. St's offense has been improving rapidly over the last few weeks (over inferior competition), but the Cowboys will be looking to avenge last years loss that UT stole away. Again, I love your reasoning and actually was on UT'S side here. I love that they are a home dog with the way they have played since the OU game and this being for a practical conference title elimination game, but think it could go either way here. If I had a gun to my head, I'd be with you on the Horns. Good luck!
    I agree, I've just seen Texas really dominating the front line these past couple of games. Okstate's defensive line looked very weak against TTech.

RPK2004
    RPK2004's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Very true, they've looked really good and even with the loss of Gray, Brown will step right in and fill those shoes and Texas will still have a talent edge on both off and def. Should be a great game to watch

ridik01

Quote Originally Posted by RPK2004 View Post
    Very true, they've looked really good and even with the loss of Gray, Brown will step right in and fill those shoes and Texas will still have a talent edge on both off and def. Should be a great game to watch
    Yeh, I'm probably going to go to the game.

parlayin
    parlayin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2037

Sounds good but you're a Horns homer. How can we be sure you're not thinking with your heart here?

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I remember last week the entire board was on OU because Baylor hadn't played anyone

Just a thought

ridik01

Bumping this thread.
    I was wrong.....very wrong! Sorry guys, I did not see an utter collapse of the Longhorns coming at all.