rolltideroll0
    rolltideroll0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Players crying over loss: acceptable?

So obviously yesterday Oregon was getting destroyed and they showed players crying…announcers saying they love to see that. Some posters on here supporting that viewpoint…that somehow them crying is an outward expression of their internal passion? My View: Give me a fukkin break. 1) This isn’t the world cup or the Olympics that come once every 4 years… u r playing a regular season game *not even an annual championship)…. There really isn’t anything meaningful about this game. 2) They aren’t playing for “something bigger than themselves” … in reality even if the NCAA dismantled any individual team …it wouldn’t change anything. …Even for example, Alabama…. College football would still go on….so no game or individual team is really that important 3) Players are crying because of a culmination of disappointment/embarrassment/anger…. Really no honor in it. And Lastly….. players are in a position to do something about it …instead of crying and accepting defeat…they ought to MAN up …do everything in their power to change the outcome…and let whatever result occurs speak for itself.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17000

Quote Originally Posted by rolltideroll0 View Post
    So obviously yesterday Oregon was getting destroyed and they showed players crying…announcers saying they love to see that. Some posters on here supporting that viewpoint…that somehow them crying is an outward expression of their internal passion? My View: Give me a fukkin break. 1) This isn’t the world cup or the Olympics that come once every 4 years… u r playing a regular season game *not even an annual championship)…. There really isn’t anything meaningful about this game. 2) They aren’t playing for “something bigger than themselves” … in reality even if the NCAA dismantled any individual team …it wouldn’t change anything. …Even for example, Alabama…. College football would still go on….so no game or individual team is really that important 3) Players are crying because of a culmination of disappointment/embarrassment/anger…. Really no honor in it. And Lastly….. players are in a position to do something about it …instead of crying and accepting defeat…they ought to MAN up …do everything in their power to change the outcome…and let whatever result occurs speak for itself.
    so im assuming you have never cried in your life over anything less meaningful than losing your shot at playing for the national title. all crying meant was that he was emotionally invested in the game. its not like he had a choice in the matter unless you are saying he was faking it. by your logic there isnt really anything ever to cry over. if the whole human race got wiped out what would it ultimately matter to the universe? nothing.

TexasJayhawk
    TexasJayhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

If Oregon had been giving their all (my opinion is that they didn't), then I could understand them crying after a well-played game. D'Anthony Thomas fumbling the ball at the 2 or 3 yard line (this after claiming they'd score 40 points mind you) isn't giving it your all. Mariotta acting like scared/frazzled for the first half not using his god given talent (scrambling) isn't giving your all, going for a first down/touchdown on 4th down within the 10 yard line instead of a FG isn't giving your all....
    bottom line...Oregon played like s*** and finally snapped out of it with 5 minutes left in the game.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    so im assuming you have never cried in your life over anything less meaningful than losing your shot at playing for the national title. all crying meant was that he was emotionally invested in the game. its not like he had a choice in the matter unless you are saying he was faking it. by your logic there isnt really anything ever to cry over. if the whole human race got wiped out what would it ultimately matter to the universe? nothing.
    I agree with this, what a stupid thread. This game did matter. This isnt the NFL where you can lose 7 games and still go to the Super Bowl. This team's national championship goals are ruined, yet again, by the same team smh.

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

when your watching your national championship hopes go down the shitter that MIGHT just take its toll.You dont see the idaho vandals or the wyoming cowbpys cryin do ya?Come on.This is an unfefeated team that was working hard at going to the big game.Lots of reason for oregon to be upset last night

Fettirooski
    Fettirooski's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

threadstarter clearly has never played team sports at a competitive level

hawg200
    hawg200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Your very 1st point sums it up! 1) This isn't the world cup or the Olympics that come once every 4 years....Actually my man, think about what you just said. Yes it is JUST like the world cup or Olympics. What is the shelf life of a college athlete? 4 YEARS, this is the Seniors class LAST chance at being able to win a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP! Yes, Oregon may have played in a National Championship game a few years ago, but most of those players weren't even on this team! So yes it is just as important to some of these players as the Olympics or World Cup!

hawg200
    hawg200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I really can't wait until Saban leaves Alabama. Another diluted Alabama fan that has become spoiled and desensitized to winning. Nick, if your reading this, I will pitch in and give you a little $$$ to help with your home purchase in Austin if you want to go! Just so I no longer have to be bothered by bandwagon Bama fans and watch that nerdy Paul Finebaum talk on College Football game day. Chris Fowler, "You know guys, Grambling has done something special this week and changed there pregame breakfast to 3 egg omletes" Desmond Howard, "Good for Grambling, hopefully they will get it turned around this week with the change." Paul Finebaum, "Well guys at Alabama, Nick Saban has been working on the Process of the 4 egg omlette for years now, perfecting the process for Alabamas pregame breakfast".....Shut up, please just shut up

JM17
    JM17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

too long; didn't read. But your going to be crying when LSU upsets bama this weekend.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

If I'm a fan of a team, I'd rather see them cry than laugh after their title hopes are crushed

Zeus54
    Zeus54's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 490

Quote Originally Posted by Fettirooski View Post
    threadstarter clearly has never played team sports at a competitive level
    He's also mad that Oregon blew his 2-team parlay.

rolltideroll0

For the thread-Never played D1-college football (how many here have?)….but I’ve played competitive sports (football included) in my time …and I do know the agony of defeat of an “important” game (admittedly not on the same level) … I don’t remember anyone on my teams crying afterwards. Bottom line: Oregon knew what was on the line before the game… no crying in college football unless 1) it is your last year… 2)ur playing for a championship…and 3)u played ur absolute best . Absent all 3 of those conditions I don’t want to see 20-somethings crying over a game.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

It's a phuckin game!! That is all it is....a GAME!
    Give 'em a gun and go to war.....then cry all ya want.
    You'll have something to cry about.

boosted1205
    boosted1205's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9690

Obviously this guy never had a passion for anything.
    Let me guess...your passion is staying in your room playing video games all day.
    Guys like you will never understand.

rolltideroll0

Quote Originally Posted by boosted1205 View Post
    Obviously this guy never had a passion for anything.
    Let me guess...your passion is staying in your room playing video games all day.
    Guys like you will never understand.
    "For the thread-Never played D1-college football (how many here have?)….but I’ve played competitive sports (football included) in my time …and I do know the agony of defeat of an “important” game (admittedly not on the same level) … I don’t remember anyone on my teams crying afterwards. Bottom line: Oregon knew what was on the line before the game… no crying in college football unless 1) it is your last year… 2)ur playing for a championship…and 3)u played ur absolute best . Absent all 3 of those conditions I don’t want to see 20-somethings crying over a game"

JM17
    JM17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

i don't give a damn about the whole state of alabama

fried cheese
    Update your status

"For the thread-Never played D1-college football (how many here have?)….but I’ve played competitive sports (football included) in my time …and I do know the agony of defeat of an “important” game (admittedly not on the same level) … I don’t remember anyone on my teams crying afterwards. Bottom line: Oregon knew what was on the line before the game… no crying in college football unless 1) it is your last year… 2)ur playing for a championship…and 3)u played ur absolute best . Absent all 3 of those conditions I don’t want to see 20-somethings crying over a game"
    plz share your "important" game details. if you were close to winning a 5a state championship in the south then there is zero chance no one cried when you lost. let me guess that no one vomitted or had to piss five times before a game either right?

yea its just a game but i doubt you will ever do anything in your life that anyone but you would consider more important than that game.

Phatferd
    Phatferd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 276

My only issue with it (and who am I) is it was still the very beginning of the 4th quarter. There were still 15 minutes left in the game, he should have still been focused on the game and thinking they were in it. To me it showed that they had given up already because he thought it was over and started crying. To me that was very telling...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: steelheaddan

fried cheese
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Phatferd View Post
    My only issue with it (and who am I) is it was still the very beginning of the 4th quarter. There were still 15 minutes left in the game, he should have still been focused on the game and thinking they were in it. To me it showed that they had given up already because he thought it was over and started crying. To me that was very telling...
    not knowing you had lost at that point just means you are retarded.