ridik01
    ridik01's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baylor vs. OU

Hello, as you can see I am a rookie to this and please do not take my opinions as fact! However, I do watch a lot of Big 12 football. This post is to give a little insight on OU vs. Baylor.

Let's look back to OU vs Texas shall we, Texas beat OU with a lackluster QB and pure running game. Texas relied on the rush and PA pass to confuse OU's defense and score points like they haven't done in years against OU!
    Texas' offensive scheme was strikingly similar in that game to Baylor's offensive scheme right now. Baylor actually depends on the running game, yes I said it, the running game! They pass secondary, they use major running plays to open up PA passes to create open receivers for major gains! With a back like Lache Seastrunk they can depend on their running game to start up the PA pass.
    Texas used Gray(RB) to utterly demolish OU's front four, they couldn't stop him. After setting up major run plays, Texas used the PA pass to open receivers to score points, a lot of points I may add!

So what does this tell you about tomorrow, OU will use time management to keep the ball out of Baylor's hands, but with the lackluster offense the Sooners have had I don't foresee them scoring many points! Baylor will score fast and efficient, they will probably already have 14 points in the first 7 min of play. They will slow down, but they will keep a very rhythmic pattern of scoring. They stick very closely to the core belief; big runs and tons of PA passes, thus eating up the secondary. Finally, this game means a lot more to Baylor than it does to OU, Baylor is in the championship race and needs a blowout victory to catapult them to the top!

Anyway, I am betting Baylor -15 anything higher than that may be a big gamble.
    However, I do believe Baylor is going to utterly manhandle OU. Baylor doesn't get opportunities to make OU look bad very often, so they will probably run up the score!

-It is at Baylor's stadium, this is the last year they will be playing in this stadium, so they're trying to go out with a bang in it!

dondude
    dondude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3430

Ill be going to the game and want action on it I guess I shoulda bet it when it was 14.5. The under might be a good bet too

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

always looks good until your punched in the face

ou has the beasts to win this game outright
    Points Awarded:

SBR_John gave TonyTall 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

SpartanThom
    SpartanThom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

^^^over^^^over^^^over^^^over

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

The first time Baylor faced a semblance of a defense in KSt they managed only 35, 28 until a very late meaningless TD. 35 is a lot still but we still can't be sure how Baylor's D is either. This team is very untested

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlose37 View Post
    The first time Baylor faced a semblance of a defense in KSt they managed only 35, 28 until a very late meaningless TD. 35 is a lot still but we still can't be sure how Baylor's D is either. This team is very untested
    Exactly. Stoops isn't an idiot, Oklahoma going to pound the ball day and night. Looking at past games, it seems teams have been successful on the ground vs. Baylor, but its hard to tell if this means anything as Baylor was likely up 30 less than 20 minutes in and is going to let the other guys run the ball if they want to.

Whose watched Baylor football this year? These guys going to be able to match up with Oklahoma in the trenches? Cause if not, 15+ is a helluva lot of points.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Exactly. Stoops isn't an idiot, Oklahoma going to pound the ball day and night. Looking at past games, it seems teams have been successful on the ground vs. Baylor, but its hard to tell if this means anything as Baylor was likely up 30 less than 20 minutes in and is going to let the other guys run the ball if they want to.

Whose watched Baylor football this year? These guys going to be able to match up with Oklahoma in the trenches? Cause if not, 15+ is a helluva lot of points.
    i have

baylor is pretty solid this year .. but giving 16.5 at my book might be to many

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Oklahoma easy play tonight.
    Baylor hasn't played one good team yet. Not even sure if any of their 7 opponents have a winning record.
    Fluke ranking.
    Should be a close game and a battle today. Oklahoma moneyline pretty good price here.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post

No. Baylor can't stop the run. Of course Baylor will have crowd noise and adrenalin and could get up early. This game reminds me of A&M vs Bama. Give Baylor credit their offense is not some system aLa Texas Tech or Houston. Baylor has stud receivers and a great passer. They should win but 2 TD's is too many. They can't stop the run.

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

When is the last time Oklahoma has been +500 on the ML?

You mad bro

fukk it baylor looking good .. i like the name petty over the name bell

Givemhell Horns
    Givemhell Horns's Avatar Become A Pro!

01, great post and you are spot on! This truly is one of the best bets of the year, playtime is over.

ridik01

Waco friends are telling me the game is sold out. Their stadium capacity is 50k.

CopperBlue
    CopperBlue's Avatar Become A Pro!

OK +16.5 too hard to pass up. Baylor is the real deal, but against a good team thats a bunch of points

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Baylor could very well win this game by 4 tds
    That being said I am on OU ML +500

Good luck.

ridik01

Quote Originally Posted by CopperBlue View Post
    OK +16.5 too hard to pass up. Baylor is the real deal, but against a good team thats a bunch of points
    I agree, but I'm going after the hunch of years of embarrassing loses to OU. This is their chance to show the Voters they are the real deal and get back at OU for years and years and years of pitiful losses! Gl on your bet!

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

I think its funny when someone says I like Baylor-15 but not -16 lol how much do you really like the play? When I like a team I usually feel the line is off by 7 or higher. Baylor will pound an overated Okie team tonight Bears run wild

Eric22174
    Eric22174's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3599

The fact that YEAR after YEAR people fall into the trap that Baylor puts up these inflated numbers the first half of the year while playing absolutely nobody absolutely baffles me. They have played no one who is ranked and the one team that would even be remotely considered a close to being ranked would be Kansas State. And that was only a 10 pt win. Baylor hasn't played anyone as I said these numbers are inflated.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let's get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Shortstop View Post
    Thursday, November 7th:

486-437-3 +31.01 *UPDATED*

NCAA College Football

Oklahoma +16 (+106) Matchbook

DennisT
    DennisT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4946

Half one way,half the other. Appears to be a good game to watch. Still can get the game at -14 1/2 Thoughts?

DennisT

The reason is some saying its -16 1/2?

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

everything points to a baylor blowout
    oklahoma looks like the sucker bet of the day
    i'm on this for 1 u

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by CMNoney View Post
    When is the last time Oklahoma has been +500 on the ML?

You mad bro

oklahoma got spanked by texas also and barely beat an overrated texas tech team

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by Eric22174 View Post
    The fact that YEAR after YEAR people fall into the trap that Baylor puts up these inflated numbers the first half of the year while playing absolutely nobody absolutely baffles me. They have played no one who is ranked and the one team that would even be remotely considered a close to being ranked would be Kansas State. And that was only a 10 pt win. Baylor hasn't played anyone as I said these numbers are inflated.
    Your memory is faulty. In 2011, Baylor covered the last 6 games of the season. Last year, Baylor covered 5 of the last 6. So it's not like people haave been falling into any trap by betting on Baylor in the second half of the season recently.

Eric22174

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    oklahoma got spanked by texas also and barely beat an overrated texas tech team
    Who has Baylor beat worth mentioning? And by how many points?

DennisT

Laying the 14 1/2 appears the play. Luck to us!!

Eric22174

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    Your memory is faulty. In 2011, Baylor covered the last 6 games of the season. Last year, Baylor covered 5 of the last 6. So it's not like people haave been falling into any trap by betting on Baylor in the second half of the season recently.
    Baylor wasn't favored by -16 in those games against ranked foes. They played the underdog in most of those games that you speak of. Totally different.

ridik01

Baylor beat WVU by a shellacking at home, not a great team, but not a bad team either.
    They beat Kansas state by 10 points, but Kstate is a totally different team than they were at the beginning of the year! Kstate will probably win out.

I don't care who Baylor beat though, they're playing with the same offensive scheme that Texas utterly destroyed OU with! OU can't stop the run, which means Baylor is about to put them on blast!

I feel people are basing their bets on OU's past accomplishments!

Eric22174

Quote Originally Posted by ridik01 View Post
    Baylor beat WVU by a shellacking at home, not a great team, but not a bad team either.
    They beat Kansas state by 10 points, but Kstate is a totally different team than they were at the beginning of the year! Kstate will probably win out.

I don't care who Baylor beat though, they're playing with the same offensive scheme that Texas utterly destroyed OU with! OU can't stop the run, which means Baylor is about to put them on blast!

I feel people are basing their bets on OU's past accomplishments!
    Maryland beat West Virginia 37-0 ........that's all i got to say about the last comment.

ridik01

Baylor wasn't favored by -16 in those games against ranked foes. They played the underdog in most of those games that you speak of. Totally different.
    Home games for Baylor
    Baylor 69 Wofford 3
    Baylor 70 Buffalo 13
    Baylor 70 UL Monroe 7
    Baylor 73 WVYU 43
    Baylor 71 Istate 7

Away games
    Baylor 35 Kstate 25
    Baylor 59 Kansas 14

Ummm..clearly they know how to score points in their stadium! Like I said, this is the last year they will ever be in that stadium!

ridik01

Maryland beat West Virginia 37-0 ........that's all i got to say about the last comment.
    Alright, then let's use your argument and say OU beat WVU by 16-7.....

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ridik01 View Post
    Alright, then let's use your argument and say OU beat WVU by 16-7.....
    That was with Brokedik Trevor Knight starting though. Throw that shit out.

You mad bro

im just saying .. i have no idea about this game at all

ridik01

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlose37 View Post
    That was with Brokedik Trevor Knight starting though. Throw that shit out.
    When WVU lost to Maryland they were having tons of QB problems also. I'm just using a illogical fact against an illogical fact.
    The teams that Baylor beat aren't great, but Iowa state is not a bad team!

Childress was WVU's QB during the Maryland game, now they have Clint Trickett playing for them.
    Last edited by ridik01; 11-07-13 at 05:24 PM.

123 Last