SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Christmas coming early in the NCAA

The Baylor line is now at -15 with the ML sitting at +460. Win or lose Oklahoma is the play on the side and ML The total has actually gone down from 74 to 72.5. I like the Over a lot here,

USC -17 over Cal. If SBR fielded a team with JJ Gold as QB we would be a Pickem against Cal. There are recruiting implications in this one as well.

Navy -17 over Hawaii. The 0-8 Bows have quit. This is a back to back road trip against a rushing attack that is putting up 300+ yards on quality teams(331 vs ND lw). This is a wear em down, put'em away and cash your ticket kind of game.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Great picks, John. 3-0 I believe.

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1777

becareful of usc arizona has a better offense and only mustered up 33 and cal just covered that game

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This Oklahoma coach is one worst coaches in America that is what worries me.

USC a top 10 team right now

Navy no jdea about .

I actually more concerned about making loan payment this week.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

"Big game Bob" is suited for this. He seldom gets to play the "dog" card and the linesmakers have given him a huge "we get no respect everyone thinks we are soft" etc etc 2 week rant. OU will be jacked for this and they have a quarterback who can run the grind game effectively. OU's defense is actually better under the new scheme. Have seen 15 1/2 on this. Offense has no real identity, but with 2 weeks to map this out THIS is probably OU's season here. Lose this game and the toilet bowl awaits.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Navy no jdea about .

Stoops is one of the worse? Is it his 8 out of 12 seasons finishing in the top 10 that proves he is crappy?

I don't ever remember Oklahoma a -15 point dog. They have better athletes and Baylor is very soft against the run. The Sooners secondary is a little suspect and that's obviously worrisome. But I think this is a great spot to take stoops and a rare opportunity to get a great program with a 15 point spot.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpack View Post
    becareful of usc arizona has a better offense and only mustered up 33 and cal just covered that game
    Cal has not scored more than 14 on USC in the last 5 years(held to 9 or less in four of those). USC slowly improving. 17 is a big number on the road and yes USC has looked like crap(see Ariz St vs USC) at times this year. Although they are getting better. USC takes this game seriously now that they are 5-3 and have a shot at a decent bowl imo.

jjgold

Stoops is an underachiever with all the talent he has, every year a disappointment . He is a horrible big game coach.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

Speaking of Christmas, it fuggen snowed here in MN last night.

Tis the season.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

What a fukkin retard JJ is.
    Points Awarded:

etothep gave opie1988 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2476

Baylor does know how to put points up in bunches,like watching flag football at the park,they make it look so easy

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Stoops is one of the worse? Is it his 8 out of 12 seasons finishing in the top 10 that proves he is crappy?

I don't ever remember Oklahoma a -15 point dog. They have better athletes and Baylor is very soft against the run. The Sooners secondary is a little suspect and that's obviously worrisome. But I think this is a great spot to take stoops and a rare opportunity to get a great program with a 15 point spot.
    Think outside the box a little here, John. Yes, pound for pound, Stoops is awful. You have bigger balls than me to back this mediocre Oklahoma team with Bell at QB against Baylor, even though they should cover in theory. Seems like the books are begging for Sooner action here.

Good luck.

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Quote Originally Posted by oiler View Post
    Baylor does know how to put points up in bunches,like watching flag football at the park,they make it look so easy
    Baylor reminds me of Kansas State in the 90s. Running up scores against nobody..... then getting smacked in the mouth when then play Nebraska or Oklahoma. I'm not sure who I like in this game. I'm sure the 40,000 fans at the game will try to make a difference. But come on.... 40,000 fans? Is that even a distraction for an offense? Kansas State slowed the game down and stayed within 10 points of Baylor. I kind of expect the same from Oklahoma.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: WildcatNation

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    Baylor reminds me of Kansas State in the 90s. Running up scores against nobody..... then getting smacked in the mouth when then play Nebraska or Oklahoma. I'm not sure who I like in this game. I'm sure the 40,000 fans at the game will try to make a difference. But come on.... 40,000 fans? Is that even a distraction for an offense? Kansas State slowed the game down and stayed within 10 points of Baylor. I kind of expect the same from Oklahoma.
    Most seasons, I would pound Oklahoma in this spot because I agree with you re: Baylor. But I'm not convinced this particular Sooner team is anything special. At all.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

The Baylor line is now at -15 with the ML sitting at +460. Win or lose Oklahoma is the play on the side and ML The total has actually gone down from 74 to 72.5. I like the Over a lot here,

USC -17 over Cal. If SBR fielded a team with JJ Gold as QB we would be a Pickem against Cal. There are recruiting implications in this one as well.

Navy -17 over Hawaii. The 0-8 Bows have quit. This is a back to back road trip against a rushing attack that is putting up 300+ yards on quality teams(331 vs ND lw). This is a wear em down, put'em away and cash your ticket kind of game.

FTR, John, there are plenty of 16's available for USC and 16.5's for Navy if you shop around. Just an FYI -- not sure if you need a better number or not, but at least you'd be off the 17.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Navy no jdea about .

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    Actually its kind of a tough place to play for visitors. Plus this is a huge game for the Baylor program. Maybe the biggest ever.

BTW, I would check the weather before hitting the O/U. It can get windy and nasty in good ole Waco. It's suppose to be perfect football conditions as of now.

As far as the QB matchup goes I love the Baylor QB, plus he's throwing to gazelles. OU had a hard enough time trying to stay with the Longhorns mediocre receivers. On the OU side they won't need to throw. As long as Bell can complete a handoff OU has a chance to win.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

i def likie oklahoma spread and ml

jjgold

I would of fired Swoops after the Texas game, Sooner program is very stagnant and never a threat for titles anymore. I would never back them.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife, and cmoney11

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2287

SBR John is a sharp I like most of his plays .....BUT I think your stepping into a little bit of a trap play in USC. There really not that good. Public bet hard against them last week and got burned now they walk into what seems to be a very soft spot and the public likes them. Plus it is at Cal dooooouble checkkkkkkkkkkkk homer. No Christmas money in this one I will pass thoughI had USC last week BTW

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2287

Question for SBRJohn ....have you been schooling the Prick WTF is going on with him. His pks are on steriods he hurt me this week I was 5-0 im in 17th a shade behind him so stop passing on info

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Cal is the worst FBS school by a large margin.

The Arizona game is the exception for them, as Arizona was in the perfect upset spot and still won.

Oddsmakers are throwing up a number on Cal that puts it in the realm of a backdoor.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

The Sooners secondary is a little suspect and that's obviously worrisome.
    you concede this point and yet you still call this game a christmas gift

in other words ou is likely to give up a bundle of points and you think ou is gonna keep up

unraal

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Speaking of Christmas, it fuggen snowed here in MN last night.

Tis the season.

omg that fukin suks. that will be like 5 straight months of snow gross

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

in other words ou is likely to give up a bundle of points and you think ou is gonna keep up

unraal
    What, exactly, happens if Baylor gets off to a fast start? Then you have to abandon your run game and hope Bell can match Baylor point for point. Yeah, good luck with that one.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

unraal
    Ummm...yes. Kansas St slowed down Baylor and they don't have near the pass rush OU has. I said its Xmas, it ain't in the broken ATM category. The real key to this game is OU blowing a small Baylor defensive line off the ball and wearing them out. OU gets 34 in this one. If Baylor gets 50 I'll take the loss and Santa will be the fuggin grinch.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Ummm...yes. Kansas St slowed down Baylor and they don't have near the pass rush OU has.
    Maybe not, but Snyder is also >>>> Stoops re: gameplans IMHO.

ChalkyDog

OU has limited their opponents Passing Yards Per game to 179.5 (7th best in the nation).

Oklahoma total defense ranks 8th in the nation at 314.2.

Baylor has played jack shit for a schedule, and has put up gaudy numbers against a bunch of suspect teams.

To say that Baylor's numbers are inflated would not only be an understatement, it would be playing the role of captain obvious.

If you like Baylor, take them in the 1st half. That is when the excitement and crowd will carry an obvious advantage. It will also be the point in where Baylors gameplan is most likely to be executed.

Vegas implied is OU: 29 Baylor: 44. If you like Baylor, you are more likely better off taking the TT over instead of laying that much wood.

For me, you play this game 10 times, I think taking the points wins more often than not.
    Last edited by ChalkyDog; 11-06-13 at 04:07 PM.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

OU has limited their opponents Passing Yards Per game to 179.5 (7th best in the nation).
    But they've only played one real passing team, and they allowed 388 passing yards to Texas Tech.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

What would everyone be saying if OKU never lost to Texas and was also undefeated?

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    But they've only played one real passing team, and they allowed 388 passing yards to Texas Tech.
    If you can bring that up as a factor, regardless of merit, how do you view Baylor's stats?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    What would everyone be saying if OKU never lost to Texas and was also undefeated?
    I don't understand the question. They didn't. It wasn't even close. They got curb-stomped by one of the most dysfunctional teams in the country.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I don't understand the question. They didn't. It wasn't even close. They got curb-stomped by one of the most dysfunctional teams in the country.
    That was the most "must-win" game for Mack Brown since the best bowl game I've ever seen.

Great spot for Texas.

I don't have a gauge for if this is a good spot for either team. As mentioned, and what I presume to be true, is this will probably be the most hyped home game of Baylors season. Maybe even homecoming?

I am not sold on Baylor as being a great team. I am sold on Oklahoma being a good team. The spread implies you have to believe Baylor is a great team.

k1ko
    k1ko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1166

Where are the better athletes? Baylor has put many more players into the NFL the past few years.

Also your comment about the Sooner's secondary is a bit suspect. I would argue that's the strongest part of their defense. Their front 7 are not very good, particularly the defensive line. That is how Texas won, they rushed for 255 yards by man handling the small oklahoma defensive line.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

safe to say tomorrow is the biggest game in baylor history being a spotlight prime time game?

12 Last