stats13
    f&ck beted
    stats13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I don't see how you could take GT over DOOK this week

Sure I got it in a 10 point teaser, but no way would i lay dd's against dook on the road with their passing game and GT's sorry ass defense

stats13
    f&ck beted

that said, i'm betting the over in this game i dont care if its 65 or 70

kchien
    kchien's Avatar Become A Pro!

Duke's offense looked like complete crap against carolina, but I think they'll rebound against GTech (UNC's defense is way better than gatech's). Over looks great though, as our run defense doesn't seem to be too strong.

Jackets_Fan
    Jackets_Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!

stats my man I disagree.

This is the most important game of the season for our boys. One more win and we're going to Tampa. How can you think for one second that CPJ won't have the boys firing on all cylinders?

Earlier in the season I said I was betting Duke no matter what - I figured we'd be 7-3 and playing for pride. And I agree, we don't match up well against Duke. But now we're playing for everything. Nesbitt described the Duke game as, ''The biggest game ever.'' The second I read that I laid money on Tech.

We are going to destroy Duke. I don't have any stats to support my pick, only a gut feeling that we are going to play lights out and book our tickets for Tampa.

jcp1764
    jcp1764's Avatar Become A Pro!

Remember Duke's not used to being on this stage and I mean the best win on Duke's schedule is against a subpar UVA team. Sure they hung with UNC and VT but I just don't see it this week. GT is on a mission this season. Long sustained drives keep the ball away from Duke's offense. GT 35-13

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This game should not even be close. Ga. Tech will simply run the ball down Duke's throat. Duke has no way of keeping up with Tech. Duke was a nice stroy, but the story ended last week against UNC. Now Duke reverts back to it's usual form.

stats13
    f&ck beted

Quote Originally Posted by Jackets_Fan View Post
    stats my man I disagree.

This is the most important game of the season for our boys. One more win and we're going to Tampa. How can you think for one second that CPJ won't have the boys firing on all cylinders?

Earlier in the season I said I was betting Duke no matter what - I figured we'd be 7-3 and playing for pride. And I agree, we don't match up well against Duke. But now we're playing for everything. Nesbitt described the Duke game as, ''The biggest game ever.'' The second I read that I laid money on Tech.

We are going to destroy Duke. I don't have any stats to support my pick, only a gut feeling that we are going to play lights out and book our tickets for Tampa.
    whats the difference between this and the wake game? besides the fact it isn't at bobby dodd?

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

duke is only 50% TD in the red zone. that # dips to 40% in conference. trading fg's for td's is a great way to get behind the 8 ball with GT

stats13
    f&ck beted

dude you predicted GT defense will hold duke to 13 points on the road. have you watched a single GT game this year?

Jackets_Fan
    Jackets_Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!

First, I think Wake is a more talented team than Duke. Second, we played terrible in the Wake game. I was there, and the first half was miserable. Fans were flat. Team was flat. Refs were bad. Maybe it was a trap game, maybe we were looking ahead to clinching the Coastal - I don't know.

The primary reason however I like Tech this week is that fact that we're playing to go to Tampa. We win, we're in. We lose, we're out. This has been the number one goal all season. I just think we will be focused this week and that we'll show up to play.

And let me ask you this - if Tech plays a really good ballgame, regardless of what Dook does, would they cover? Think about that and then think that Nesbitt's quote - "biggest game ever". You want to bet against that?

jcp1764

Quote Originally Posted by stats13 View Post
    dude you predicted GT defense will hold duke to 13 points on the road. have you watched a single GT game this year?
    You really think duke is any good, at all? They're offense is not that good. They'll struggle and Tech's defense is good enough to win games ain't it? They play good this week. If Duke's offense was really good they would have exploited carolina's defense last week like Christian Ponder did.

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

duke does not have the horses that FSU does. thats why you wont see a 49-44 game.

jcp1764

Yeah that's what I'm trying to say. UNC has a really great defense and FSU really exploited it in the second half of that game and I'm saying if Duke's offense was oh so great Thad Lewis would have done the same. I mean it's Duke. Everyone's so high on them and stuff but it's just bc you're not used to seeing a 5-4 Duke team and they're still not that great. Maybe next year. But they will still be under .500 in the ACC and overall in the end this season.

stats13
    f&ck beted

we (GT) gave up 31 to VANDY! 28 in the first half! i've watched every second of each tech game this year, gone to most of them live in person. our defense is not good and capable of ANYTHING

stats13
    f&ck beted

jackets fan, go to stingtalk.com , everyone is saying that upon rewatching the wake game, the penalties were not as bad as they appeared in person, and we deserved them.

stats13
    f&ck beted

dont get me wrong, i do think tech SHOULD cover 10, but no way I'd bet on this. laying 10 to an offense with a pulse on the road = asking to lose if you back GT

jcp1764

Yeah, I gotcha I just think Tech should handle the Blue Devils. I remember the UNC game and Carolina just could not get the ball from them. Long, time consuming drives is what they thrive on in big games with occasional big hitters.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is DOOK for me