Genius1512
    Genius1512's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oregon/Stanford

Don't really play college, but I watch it closely. Looking @ Oregon's body of work as opposed to Stanford, if this line goes -10 or lower that's a value play even @ Stan. They don't have the speed on D or the depth for that matter. The difference in QB is a Ferrari to a V6 Accord. Coming off a bye prepared and ready to dethrone FSU for #2... While don't misunderstand, we all know there's no guarantees in this business, one has to feel there's a good chance Oregon runs these guys out Of the stadium come later in the game. Stanford needs to prey Marcus breaks his leg or throws 4 picks!!

Thes best non-bowl line ur getting on Oregon this year I'm throwing some cash on it if it drops that .5 point. Oh hell I'm gonna take my first college game lol

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let me put it like this. Oregon has everything to play for. You have a very strong revenge factor, since Stanford prevented the Ducks from possibly going to the BCS Championship game. You have Florida State passing Oregon in the BCS Standings, so Oregon has every reason to run up the score to make a strong statement. You have Oregon stronger in all phases of the game, offense, special teams, and defense. It is football and anything can happen, but everything points to Oregon putting on a show this Thursday night, as they have everything to gain and everything to lose on this game.

PaperTrail07

They know Ohio State WILL win every game remaining as well..(and last few by 50+ points, and that trend should continue for the bucks)..@ ill, Home vs Indiana, then @ Michigan ......Ohio State is not going to lose a game...Ducks need to keep on impressing and they know it...

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    They know Ohio State WILL win every game remaining as well..(and last few by 50+ points, and that trend should continue for the bucks)..@ ill, Home vs Indiana, then @ Michigan ......Ohio State is not going to lose a game...Ducks need to keep on impressing and they know it...
    Ohio st schedule kills them. Baylor will jump them if they win out

PaperTrail07

They wont if O State keeps winning by 50 but other than that....yes, yes they will
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Ohio st schedule kills them. Baylor will jump them if they win out

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by Genius1512 View Post
    Don't really play college, but I watch it closely. Looking @ Oregon's body of work as opposed to Stanford, if this line goes -10 or lower that's a value play even @ Stan. They don't have the speed on D or the depth for that matter. The difference in QB is a Ferrari to a V6 Accord. Coming off a bye prepared and ready to dethrone FSU for #2... While don't misunderstand, we all know there's no guarantees in this business, one has to feel there's a good chance Oregon runs these guys out Of the stadium come later in the game. Stanford needs to prey Marcus breaks his leg or throws 4 picks!!

Thes best non-bowl line ur getting on Oregon this year I'm throwing some cash on it if it drops that .5 point. Oh hell I'm gonna take my first college game lol
    I agree with you, I just dont think the boldes reasons are good reasons. Stanford lacks the defensive speed, but they stoppes them last year in Oregon. QB Matchup? Same QBs from last year, and Stanford won.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Paper...that's one mean looking Ferrari. Guess it should be at $4 million a pop. They only built five of them and all were pre-sold.

I agree with Genius that Oregon's quarterback is a special player.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by Genius1512 View Post

Dont see Mariota throwing 4 picks. His last interception vs Stanford last year

WorkHorse

Bump

big Thursday night game...needs more forum discussion.

My "gut" tells me this is going to be a tight game. Gut results...not bad but I wouldn't bet my house on it.

Urbanwildlife

One thing I do know is if Oregon continues to turnover the ball like they did this past week, they might find there BCS Championship game hopes going down the chitter.

On the other hand, I expect them to come out and play there best game of the year for the reasons I stated in my previous post on this thread. I have looked and looked and looked at this game at every direction possible, and unless I am missing something drastic, I see no advantage to Stanford, other than the fact it is a Thursday night home game, and would be very very disappointed if Oregon does not cover this game. I am just not impressed with Stanford at all. GO DUCKS!
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 11-04-13 at 07:20 PM.

WorkHorse

Stanford has not played defense like I promoted they would in our preseason posts here at SBR. Thought they would have been more productive and dominate. Can't put my finger on exactly why they have not played stronger (welcome any help).

Still a top 25 defense.......they better come out ready to play against the high flying Ducks....or this game will get ugly in a hurry. I'm thinking they will take up the challenge and put up a good fight.

Not making a pick.......just sharing some thoughts.

Urbanwildlife

Stanford is playing I believe without there two top defensive ends, which has contributed a lot to why they are not being the defense many have anticipated them to be.

WorkHorse

Urban...getting good/solid information on teams is a struggle here this time of the year at SBR. Too many hot-shot cowboys and their clown friends just making a bunch of NOISE.

Open forum for all.....never will I knock that......just hoping for more serious CFB cappers here at SBR.....ain't happening for the forum right now.

Young guys...........beware of the horseshoes.....they will bury you and laugh about it.

Urbanwildlife

What you stated goes for every forum at this time of the year.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Stanford is playing I believe without there two top defensive ends, which has contributed a lot to why they are not being the defense many have anticipated them to be.
    true think Ben Gardner a huge loss for them

WorkHorse

Agree...just always searching for more good football minds and not just dumbshit crap. You and a handful of other guys here at SBR are worth the time reading....other sillyness is a waste of time.

My goal every season is to hit 58%. I play every game the same ($300). This season so far I'm 45-26 (64%) winning $5300. Lot's of football left....again...my goal is 58% which if I can carry on for the season guarantees me a profit.

(It's not how you drive...It's how you arrive." ) * 40 years of this stuff taught me that.

Urbanwildlife

Perfectly stated, and I am positive you will exceed your goal, and I could not be happier, as I know all the time and effort you put into this year round, which only a few of us do. I know it gets disappointing, as I was saying the same thing you posted about earlier today, but it is what it is, so I can only only go on helping the few who appreciate my work, and I can also enjoy the few posters who actually will provide information on a game.

WorkHorse

Have made a profit the past 10 years or so betting CFB and if I (WE) my best pals don't get senile...thinking we may profit the next year or two also...................

We love college football....our big advantage over other bettors..............

McDabs
    McDabs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5288

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHorse View Post
    Agree...just always searching for more good football minds and not just dumbshit crap. You and a handful of other guys here at SBR are worth the time reading....other sillyness is a waste of time.

My goal every season is to hit 58%. I play every game the same ($300). This season so far I'm 45-26 (64%) winning $5300. Lot's of football left....again...my goal is 58% which if I can carry on for the season guarantees me a profit.

(It's not how you drive...It's how you arrive." ) * 40 years of this stuff taught me that.
    Take notes boys.... One of the hardest things to do is keep 1 unit plays consistent throughout a season.

Only reason I'm not up (broke even after terrible weeknd) this season is because I'm 3 for 9 on my 4 unit plays.. just stupid really.

At the end of the day I truly believe no play is better than another, no matter how much you may "like it".

Nice work and good luck the rest of the season.
    Last edited by McDabs; 11-04-13 at 11:20 PM.

WorkHorse

Mac....don't get me started tonight on the UNIT "BULLSHIT FOR LOSERS" because having a few cold ones with friends I'm trying to be nice here.

Unit crap is for LOSERS...PERIOD.

Someone in the know name me ONE professional CFB bettor who does this for a living betting unit crap.

Hell, I have dumbshit young friends having a 5-3 winning day...but losing money. OK I say... carry on horseshoes because when you go (BROKE) you will realize it's a different game.

Unit sillyness comes from the con-artist sellers...........you figure.

TexasJayhawk
    TexasJayhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

This Oregon-Stanford game is definitely going to be about Oregon seeking revenge. Something to consider about Stanford's win last year ...Oregon went into that game very banged up, Stanford scored a bogus TD, and their kicker (who's still their kicker) missed a game-tying field goal (like a 30 yd one..).

Obviously Oregon knows they control their own destiny. Oregon is a SOLID away team so the fact they're playing in Palo Alto will be of zero significance.

Stanford is going into this game without Ben Gardener ONE of their starting defensive ends...(tore pec muscle during Oregon State game). Their other starting defensive end, Henry Anderson (also was injured) is set to return after missing 6 plus weeks...(conditioning could be a major issue).

Based on the fact that Stanford relies on a strong D line, the revenge factor, away game, BCS stakes, Oregon talent in every aspect, I see Oregon easily winning this by 2 touchdowns.

Urbanwildlife

Nice input TexasJayhawk!

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19168

Both Stanford and Oregon are facing their stiffest opposition of the year with the Ducks a sizable leap in class as reflected in the odds. Stanford has played a slightly tougher schedule ytd in my opinion.

Oregon has 1 quality win on the road (Wash). Stanford has 3 quality home wins (Wash, Az St, UCLA).

I don't see a situational advantage for either team as I don't put much stock into revenge, Thursday night hype, etc. I do with the #'s though and see a slight advantage to Stanford at +11 and suspect the Oregon backers will get it there at some point.

If Stanford has an advantage, It's obviously on defense and I don't like the fact that Gardner is out. It's a pass for me, but will be watching this one with interest.

Genius1512
    Genius1512's Avatar Become A Pro!

I feel, as I've said anything can happen in sports, that the chances of Oregon winning by 21 or more are just are just as good as this being a tight game. Let's say for example Stanford jumps out to an early 14 point lead on some turnovers and a pre scripted "unstoppable" 9 play scoring drive... I'd be purchasing on a "buy low" Oregon live wager. I laid off Seattle this week in NFL, got them down 24-14 @ PK and jumped on. I like Oregon enough to show the heart to get this one done. Although as I said there's a strong chance there up 28-10 @ halftime

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Two things that should bring up red flags for Oregon fans. First, there are NO injury problems with Stanford. Not on offense or defense. Second, Oregon RB De' Anthony Thomas ran his big mouth off and said that Oregon "Should at least put up 40" points against Stanford. Just what Oregon wanted. Bulleting Board material for Stanford, a team that is 5 times as physical as Oregon is. Oregon cannot defeat physical teams. UCLA is a "semi" physical team and held Oregon to 21 points in three quarters before finally caving in. That will NOT happen when Oregon plays at Stanford. Oregon is very talented and very quick, but Stanford just kicks a**. You can get Stanford + 11 at the Wynn. The line keeps climbing and the books keep smiling.

Urbanwildlife

The post by BigdaddyQH is once again filled with inaccurate information.

Vegas39

The post by BigdaddyQH is once again filled with inaccurate information.

This should shock no one

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

has anyone seen what oregon did to the competition stanford faced?

haha

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    there are NO injury problems with Stanford. Not on offense or defense.
    hahaha

Urbanwildlife

Another note if you are considering playing the Oregon/Stanford game:

This will be the 2nd game back from his injury for Oregons super back De'Anthony Thomas, so please take that in consideration if you are considering this game, as he is fresh, and ready to put on a show, after getting a taste of game action last week.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

One thing I do know is if Oregon continues to turnover the ball like they did this past week, they might find there BCS Championship game hopes going down the chitter.

On the other hand, I expect them to come out and play there best game of the year for the reasons I stated in my previous post on this thread. I have looked and looked and looked at this game at every direction possible, and unless I am missing something drastic, I see no advantage to Stanford, other than the fact it is a Thursday night home game, and would be very very disappointed if Oregon does not cover this game. I am just not impressed with Stanford at all. GO DUCKS!
    Stanford has no advantage????

Are you forgetting about the O-Line and D-Line ?

Stanford should dominate the trenches vs an undersized Oregon team.

But will that translate into a Stanford win? who knows... probably not.

Stanford will need to control time of possession

Urbanwildlife

You are correct if you were referring to the beginning of the season, but it is no longer true with the injuries sustained by the linemen of Stanford. Yes they still have quality lineman, but is it much superior to what Oregon has, no in my opinion.

PaperTrail07

We are talking a 10 point spread here right?--- not 17 lol...Oregon has the talent and the D to get enough stops...injuries on Stanfor's D will help the Ducks cruise....I honestly believe they could be up 21-3 or 21-9 or something at half..with an ending of like 41-20.....
    You are correct if you were referring to the beginning of the season, but it is no longer true with the injuries sustained by the linemen of Stanford. Yes they still have quality lineman, but is it much superior to what Oregon has, no in my opinion.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Cute how you guys pretend to understand human motivational factors for this game.

"Revenge game". Somehow implying they will be more or less up for this game than the past year.

I can assure you that both teams are sufficiently motivated here. All that matters is execution, momentum and ball/clock control.

If Stanford can sustain a few long drives they will cover the 10.5. Although maybe only by the hook.

123 Last