Givemhell Horns
    Givemhell Horns's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baylor is going to spank OU by 28+

Baylor is the real deal folks and they are going to absolutely destroy the gooners Thusday night. Easily one of the best bets of the year. Bet the house and get you some!

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree with you, not sure if it will be by 28, but I feel it will be by a very large margin.

hawg200
    hawg200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

No possible way Baylor wins this game by that large a margin. Baylor has not seen athletic talent like Oklahoma has on defense. Not to mention Oklahoma slows this game down and could possibly win a grinder. Oklahoma +14 is a gift this week!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Oklahoma has no pass offense at all. They may slow the game down, but they cannot score enough to win this game. The only question is how big is Baylor's margin of victory.

hawg200

Yeah, but Oklahoma only gives up 180 pass yards a game too. Usually in games like this whoever is the more PHYSICAL team wins the game. Would not be shocked if Oklahoma dominates both offense and defensively in the trenches. Just saying.

Mcsmush
    Mcsmush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

I see where you are coming from Hawg but look at OU's more recent games TTU put up 388 passing yards against them. Similar type offenses TTU and Baylor run. Only Baylor is much better running the ball. OU defense can't just key on the pass. Plus Petty is one of the more efficent Qb's in the nation. I think OU being one of the better defenses Baylor will face will only mean Baylor puts up 45-50 at home rather than 70. An OU isnt built to keep up with that.

On the opposite side as well I do not think OU offense has seen a defense like Baylors yet this year either.

TheMLBKing
    TheMLBKing's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol anyone on oklahoma is an idiot. This is a repeat of FSU-Miami.

hawg200

Your comparing FSU to Baylor...??? Florida State is a better team Baylor and Oklahoma is a better team than Miami. That maybe the stupidest comparison I have heard all year. I guess the great thing about these debates is we get to see them play out on the field. This game just has Kansas State, West Virginia, University of South Florida written all over it. A program coming into their highest rankings ever and then CHOKING under the lights! There are just something about intangibles that are real. I will probably just steer clear of this game, but will certainly enjoy just watching it!

BigBallzz69
    BigBallzz69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3506

If the teams changed uniforms what would the spread be?

Mcsmush
    Mcsmush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

Quote Originally Posted by BigBallzz69 View Post

If by this you mean OU putting up 70 a game 6-1 ATS going up against good running/mediocre passing Baylor team and playing in Norman, I bet the line would be much heavier in favor of the sooners. I also bet the OU would be in many more talks about BCS contention than Baylor is currently as well. A lot of that has to do with scheduling but the media and Vegas will always give OU the benefit of the doubt.

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19168

The numbers would be the same and so would the line. The uniforms would be a non-factor.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Baylor has played nothing but high school football teams. WVU is the best team they have played and they are not a good team and they still put up 42 points on Baylor. The Sooners are overrated but they have had a real schedule not a joke schedule like Baylor. They only have one loss and that's to Texas. Everyone should know that its a huge rivalry no matter what records are. This is Baylors first test! One things for sure the Bears aren't putting up 70 this week. Kansas State only lost to them by 10 (35-25) I am laying off this one but like the Sooners and the points.

Urbanwildlife

irish1, you might want to get your facts straight before posting.
    The Sooners only beat a very bad West Virgina team 16-7. They also played many other very bad teams, such as Tulsa, Kansas, UL Monroe and TCU which lost in overtime to West Virgina last week, and got beat by a Texas team that at the time could not stop anyone. Notre Dame is also nothing to speak of despite being ranked because of there previous reputation.

Since we are at it, here are the schedules, so you can compare the teams that they mutually played and the results from it.

013 Oklahoma Sooners Schedule
    DATE OPPONENT RESULT/TIME RECORD/TICKETS
    Sat, Aug 31 1-0 (0-0)
    Sat, Sept 7 2-0 (1-0)
    Sat, Sept 14 3-0 (1-0)
    Sat, Sept 28 4-0 (1-0)
    Sat, Oct 5 5-0 (2-0)
    Sat, Oct 12 5-1 (2-1)
    Sat, Oct 19 6-1 (3-1)
    Sat, Oct 26 7-1 (4-1)

2013 Baylor Bears Schedule
    DATE OPPONENT RESULT/TIME RECORD/TICKETS
    Sat, Aug 31 1-0 (0-0)
    Sat, Sept 7 2-0 (0-0)
    Sat, Sept 21 3-0 (0-0)
    Sat, Oct 5 4-0 (1-0)
    Sat, Oct 12 5-0 (2-0)
    Sat, Oct 19 6-0 (3-0)
    Sat, Oct 26 7-0 (4-0)
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 11-05-13 at 06:10 PM.

irish1
    Update your status

You just proved my point, Texas Tech, TCU, Notre Dame and Texas. Those are not scrub teams and all I said was that the Sooners are the first real test for the Baylor Bears. If not for the Texas game OKU would be undefeated. The fact that I stated was that OKU has had a tougher schedule. How can anyone dispute that? Every team gets their share of push overs but now Baylors free ride is over. Time to play a team that could give you a game. (Baylor 35-Kansas State 25) Remember that?

Urbanwildlife

Yes I do, just like I remember a TEXAS team who could not stop no one beating the Sooners 36-20, the same Longhorn team who allowed these poor asss teams to put up big points on them previous to the Oklahoma game, and holding the Sooners to a measly 20 points.

Sat, Sept 7 1-1 (0-0)
    Sat, Sept 14 1-2 (0-0)
    Sat, Sept 21 2-2 (1-0)
    Thu, Oct 3 3-2 (2-0)
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 11-05-13 at 06:01 PM.

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19168

If just referencing average to above average teams, no question Oklahoma has played more of them.

Baylor: Kansas St, W Virginia

Oklahoma: W Virginia, TCU, Notre Dame, Texas, Texas Tech

I have no dog in the fight, but this game should begin to tell the story of how good Baylor is.

Urbanwildlife

Totally agree with you chunk! It is there statement game so far this year, no doubt about that.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by BigBallzz69 View Post
    Higher, no doubt.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Unfortunately, my funds were tied up on other games, but Bookmaker had Baylor -7 for this game last week. That would have been worth a big play.

irish1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by chunk View Post
    If just referencing average to above average teams, no question Oklahoma has played more of them.

Baylor: Kansas St, W Virginia

Oklahoma: W Virginia, TCU, Notre Dame, Texas, Texas Tech

I have no dog in the fight, but this game should begin to tell the story of how good Baylor is.
    Thats exactly what I said, wasn't it Chunk?

irish1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Yes I do, just like I remember a TEXAS team who could not stop no one beating the Sooners 36-20, the same Longhorn team who allowed these poor asss teams to put up big points on them previous to the Oklahoma game, and holding the Sooners to a measly 20 points.

Sat, Sept 7 1-1 (0-0)
    Sat, Sept 14 1-2 (0-0)
    Sat, Sept 21 2-2 (1-0)
    Thu, Oct 3 3-2 (2-0)
    You obviously don't understand the Texas/OKU rivalry.

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    You obviously don't understand the Texas/OKU rivalry.
    Yes I do, the Red River Rivalry and I watch it yearly.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

I say parlay OU and Stanford ML and see what happens. There is always that one week in College Football where everything goes crazy in the top 25. This may be the week.

BenGooGa
    BenGooGa's Avatar Become A Pro!

OU +15, am in

irish1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Yes I do, the Red River Rivalry and I watch it yearly.
    OK, Urban you know the rivalry anyway Baylor has a high powered offense for sure and Petty is an underrated QB they are a very talented team but lets see them pass this test. This is by far one of the best games they have put on during the week this year, can't wait to watch. Enjoy the game and I'll check for in game threads with this one.

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

I wonder if I should bet against my sooners. um, no. will find another game to bet and probably lose.

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    OK, Urban you know the rivalry anyway Baylor has a high powered offense for sure and Petty is an underrated QB they are a very talented team but lets see them pass this test. This is by far one of the best games they have put on during the week this year, can't wait to watch. Enjoy the game and I'll check for in game threads with this one.
    Are you playing it? I have to say it is one of the games I am most excited to watch this year, just for the reasons stated in our discussion on here. Cannot wait for Thursday evening to get here!

High Cotton
    High Cotton's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've been reading the forum for awhile but never posted. I like urbanwildliefe a lot, he is good, but I disagree on this one. I just think 2 touchdowns is a lot. they have not line up against the caliber of athletes they are about too. Oklahomas offense is a concern, no doubt, but if they can run the ball on Baylor, not only will Baylor not cover they will probably loose. I believe Oklahoma will limit the big plays and make Baylor string together some long drives, which opens them up to mistakes and turnovers. Athlete to Athlete Oklahoma wins. If Oklahoma shows up and plays ball they will win. This isn't the usual Oklahoma coming here knowing if they get off the bus they will probably win. I think they will be ready. The numbers and computers say Baylor, but I'm going Oklahoma.

Urbanwildlife

But you have to enter in the Bob Stoops factor! lol as I am one of his least favorite fans. As I also stated in my previous post, this game is my most anticipated game this year. I cannot wait for it to start, so we can see how it plays out. There is a sense of mystery to it, which is what we have been sharing in our discussion on here.

coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

Another factor you may want to consider if any of you have been to the bear den is that the crowd will be extra pumped and loud in which Blake Bell won't hear a thing. I don't think the OU defense will be able to stop Baylor, in both passing and rushing. OU will score but won't be able to keep up. See a 42-28 type of game.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Urban I couldnt agree more. I think Stoops is one of the most overrated cfb coaches ever. He has lost a ton of games vs opponents with inferior talent, and he consistently loses big games. Bowl games vs fla, lsu, boise st, and west virginia to name a few. Big favs in three of those games

Givemhell Horns
    Givemhell Horns's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baylor was up on WVU 35-0 after the first Q and their scrubs played the whole 2nd half. This is the same WVU team that beat OSU and took Blow U to the wire. The squad BU is facing tomorrow has a melon head piss ant spare of a QB that is going to get his azz kicked. Going to be fun to watch!

15805's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16182

Baylor has played Oklahoma 22 times and has only won one time, they have never been favored when playing Oklahoma. This is revenge
    time as a 15 point favorite. This game will tell if Baylor is as good as I think they are. I had Baylor early on:

Future/Prop $20.00 $160.00 NCAAFB Futures - Conferences - Big 12 - Big 12 Conference Champion - Baylor +800
    Internet / -1Sep 1003:28 PMTNT
    ODDS TO WIN THE BIG 12
    [89129] BAYLOR +600
    30 / 180

All told 50 to win 340

If some still have questions about this years Baylors team, tomorrow night Baylor will answer them!

Mayonnaise
    Mayonnaise's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 412

Baylor very well might have a 28 point lead in this game... But they will not cover -14.5.... the back door will be wide the fcuk open in this game!!! Thursday night curse.... the big 12 officiating crew wont let the final score be anything more then 7

Urbanwildlife

LOL!

12 Last