kevin101
    kevin101's Avatar Become A Pro!

this game has over written all OVER it

Twisted_One
    Twisted_One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2508

Quote Originally Posted by BenGooGa View Post
    OU +15, am in
    Just wait you can get 17 maybe more later! In fact there are 17's out there now

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I'm seeing a lot of misinformation in this thread.

Some referenced crowd noise being a factor. Typically when OU plays at Baylor there are more OU fans at the game than Baylor fans.

I'm an OU alumni and I'll try to be as unbiased as possible.

I think Baylor is a better team, especially now that OU is missing three key starters.

OU is without their do it all player on offense Millard and then we're without our best LB (Nelson) and best d-lineman (Phillips).

The line screams Baylor blow out. With that said, I know more about OU than I do Baylor. Baylor has played no one.

Some one tried to compare Baylor's schedule to OU's and there really isn't a comparison to be made.

Notre Dame, Texas, Texas a Tech, and TCU are a lot better than pretty much everyone Baylor has played.

Someone also mentioned Baylor's defense being a challenge for OU. How is that? They gave up tons of yards to K-State and WVU. WVU hung 40 in Baylor and OU held them to 7.

As bad as OU's passing game is, OU has a an equally as good running game. OU could control some clock and wear down Baylor's defense.

On defense OU will have more athletes than anyone Baylor has faced all year but I'm not sure OU can hold them down.

We know about OU. We find out about Baylor tonight.

I think Baylor is good but they haven't beat a top 50 team all year. Hell, who have they beaten with a winning record?
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 11-07-13 at 10:58 AM.

Tada
    Tada's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3151

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post

k1ko
    k1ko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1166

Good points. I am a baylor alumn and going to the game. The biggest question mark in my book is the baylor defense. Is it honestly improved from last year or is it just smoke and mirrors? Baylor for sure will be in the 35-49 point range as far as points go. The BIG question is can baylor hold oklahoma to less than 30 points? Hopefully stoops doesn't unleash the Belldozer because Baylor honestly couldn't stop him last year getting 4 yards every play even when everyone in the stadium knows what the play is lol. I think you guys scored everytime in the red zone last year by just running qb draws nearly every down.

I'm seeing a lot of misinformation in this thread.

Some referenced crowd noise being a factor. Typically when OU plays at Baylor there are more OU fans at the game than Baylor fans.

I think Baylor is a better team, especially now that OU is missing three key starters.

OU is without their do it all player on offense Millard and then we're without our best LB (Nelson) and best d-lineman (Phillips).

The line screams Baylor blow out. With that said, I know more about OU than I do Baylor. Baylor has played no one.

Some one tried to compare Baylor's schedule to OU's and there really isn't a comparison to be made.

Notre Dame, Texas, Texas a Tech, and TCU are a lot better than pretty much everyone Baylor has played.

Someone also mentioned Baylor's defense being a challenge for OU. How is that? They gave up tons of yards to K-State and WVU. WVU hung 40 in Baylor and OU held them to 7.

As bad as OU's passing game is, OU has a an equally as good running game. OU could control some clock and wear down Baylor's defense.

On defense OU will have more athletes than anyone Baylor has faced all year but I'm not sure OU can hold them down.

We know about OU. We find out about Baylor tonight.

I think Baylor is good but they haven't beat a top 50 team all year. Hell, who have they beaten with a winning record?

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Tada View Post
    Why do you disagree with?

I said I think Baylor is a better team and the line screams blow out.

With that said, there is still a lot about Baylor we don't know.

I'm sure you would agree that OU is the best team Baylor has faced this far.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by k1ko View Post
    Good points. I am a baylor alumn and going to the game. The biggest question mark in my book is the baylor defense. Is it honestly improved from last year or is it just smoke and mirrors? Baylor for sure will be in the 35-49 point range as far as points go. The BIG question is can baylor hold oklahoma to less than 30 points? Hopefully stoops doesn't unleash the Belldozer because Baylor honestly couldn't stop him last year getting 4 yards every play even when everyone in the stadium knows what the play is lol. I think you guys scored everytime in the red zone last year by just running qb draws nearly every down.
    If Baylor scores over 35 they probably win. If OU keeps this in r 20s to low 30s they have a chance.

Personally I think Baylor wins but I'm not counting OU out.

I'm anxious to see how Baylor's offense looks against the speed OU has on defense.

I'm also curious to see if OU can run it down Baylor's throat.

I think OU will slow down Baylor's offense but I'm not sure OU's offense can score enough to win this game.

dondude
    dondude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3430

Not sure if West Virginia hangin 40 means much. I left the game at half time and I'm pretty sure Baylor pulled their starters in the 3rd quarter

Mcsmush
    Mcsmush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

I know you want to look at it with unbiased eyes and it is much appreciated.

If i may point out something though you talked about WV dropping 42 on Baylor.....You do realize it was 56-14 at the half right? When you have 42 point lead you start to take the peddle off of the metal and plug in some younger guys to groom them for their future tenure. It happens on all levels.

On the inverse side you mention OU only giving 7 up to those same mountaineers. What you failed to mention is that OU only put up 16 against the same exact team Baylor put 73 up on.

Vegas had you guys at -21 ( a loss ats) and clear over estimation of OU.

Vegas had the Baylor game at -30 (a win ats) and a pretty spot on cap.

As I have stated before Vegas over estimates OU, and hey may be giving them too much credit here as well. Hence the line jumping in the direction it is right now.

Trmeyer
    Trmeyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Baylor hasn't faced a team as physical as Oklahoma yet. I think the key in this game is how the Baylor players will react after the first 2 series of getting an all out effort by the D line coming across and trying to absolutely kill the QB. Its kinda like the ole Mike Tyson quote...."everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face".

Tada
    Tada's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3151

Why do you disagree with?

I said I think Baylor is a better team and the line screams blow out.

With that said, there is still a lot about Baylor we don't know.

I'm sure you would agree that OU is the best team Baylor has faced this far.
    You can't be impartial, you are OU alum... That being said, it seems like you are admitting that Baylor is better team, but trying to convince yourself that OU has chance... My friend, you need to stay away from this game. You can't cap games for your alma mater.

Baylor/Oregon/OSU all have National Championship aspirations. I see them bring in the hammer going forward to blow away quality opponents. Granted Baylor played soft schedule so far, but they have been blowing up those teams with ease as they should. OU D is overrated, they gave 30 to Texas Tech, I see Baylor scoring in high 40s to 50s in this game. Baylor D seems to be underrated. I see this game as repeat of FSU/Clemson. Baylor rolls easily...

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by Mcsmush View Post
    I know you want to look at it with unbiased eyes and it is much appreciated.

If i may point out something though you talked about WV dropping 42 on Baylor.....You do realize it was 56-14 at the half right? When you have 42 point lead you start to take the peddle off of the metal and plug in some younger guys to groom them for their future tenure. It happens on all levels.

On the inverse side you mention OU only giving 7 up to those same mountaineers. What you failed to mention is that OU only put up 16 against the same exact team Baylor put 73 up on.
    I just looked at the box score, and it took Baylor a total of 10 SECONDS to score as many TDs against WVU as Oklahoma did in 60 minutes.

Twisted_One
    Twisted_One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2508

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    I just looked at the box score, and it took Baylor a total of 10 SECONDS to score as many TDs against WVU as Oklahoma did in 60 minutes.
    No disrespect but that means jack shit tonight!

Mcsmush

Not picking on you specifically my man, but I have seen this "physical" or "trenches" argument numerous times... Being vauge by saying "physical" leads it open to interpretation. When I see it I think of the following measurable that could show a scale of "Physical-ness".

On the defensive side of the ball I think 1)Sacks, 2)Tackles for loss, 3) 3rd down conversions allowed, 4) redzone scoring percentage allowed, 5)Forced fumbles, 6) Avg yards allowed per carry

On the offensive side I think : 1) Sacks allowed 2) TFL allowed 3) 3rd down conversions 4) Red zone conversion percentage 5)Average yards per carry.

I will be happy to list them out for you by request. However if you are an OU backer on the basis of "physicality" you are best off not knowing.

The one thing Baylor backers can not deny is that OU has played a couple of tougher opponents. Since that is a tough topic to put an exact figure on to "number crunch" it creates an argument here. Other than that the numbers push really heavy in Baylors favor.

15805's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16182

Family & Friends have a Fantasy League together for fun (2QB's pick 1 , 5 RB's pick 3, 5 WR's pick 3 for the game.)

If there was a College Fantasy League I'd have Bryce Petty every game, Leche Sistrunk every game, & Reese & Goodling as 2 of my 3 WR's all the time. Oklahoma who none of there skill position players can match the previously mentioned Bears. Baylor will be ahead by 28 at one point in the game but they might call off the dogs so 17 seems a bit iffy, Baylor wins by a mile.

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19168

It's really amazing how ignorant the oddsmakers are that put this game out at 7 or 9 or whatever the opener was. I swear some of the stuff that I read, there would be guys that would lay 21 in this game. Major mistakes aside, I will be surprised if Baylor wins by DD's. Think I'll just watch this one though.

Givemhell Horns
    Givemhell Horns's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rare for a Thursday to be handed a gift like last night.

hawg200
    hawg200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I must get on here and eat sum crow. I said the MORE PHYSICAL team would come out and control the running game. I THOUGHT Oklahoma was the more physical team, turns out BAYLOR was the MUCH MUCH MORE PHYSICAL in the run game and one the lines. I was wrong about Baylor and must admit I am thoroughly impressed by what I seen. Good call those of you that picked Baylor!

hawg200

I tend to use the logic of "physical" and "trenches" as to what my eyes see. Sacks and Tackles for losses are irrelevant. Barry Sanders had more negative runs that almost anyone in NFL history! Other players such as Romo tend to take more sacks because they extend plays than say Manning who will NEVER run. So when I talk physicality and trenches, I am talking about beating your man, winning your one on one battles and blowing people off the ball. With that being said, Baylor was the more physical team and that 3rd string RB could have run for 400 yards against Oklahoma last night!

ragman
    ragman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

Thoughts on the black Baylor uniforms last night?

Mcsmush

I totally understand what you are saying hawg. To call it irrelevant is reaching though. Barry Sanders will be an exception to any rule out there. He never was the norm, Romo actually doesnt get sacked as much as it seems either.Also I think comparing individual players in this debate versus a total team physicality is next to impossible to compare.....Besides the point though. I see your angle on your definition of "Physical" and "trenches" and it is a valid point.

Good luck on the plays my man!

hawg200

Mcsmush, One thing that can't be debated is Baylor destroyed Oklahoma on both sides of the ball. Oklahoma couldn't convert on 3rd and 4th downs and I for one didn't see that coming. Props to all those that called for Baylor to win and cover. I am now a Baylor believer! Just interesting to see if they can do this for the rest of the year. Kind of like the SEC debate. Boise State beating Oklahoma, Utah beating Alabama etc... Interested to see how they do it week in and week out.

First 12