t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Michigan State is this week's top College Play

Very quietly the Spartans have turned things around and are playing some great football. I really like what I've seen from the QB Connor Cook. Michigan is garbage. They can't stop a nosebleed. I expect MSU to move up and down the field in this one.

The opening number tells you all you need to know. Michigan would not have been more than a 3 point dog if vegas liked them.

Will post all college plays in this thread.

t-wizzle

Oklahoma State, Memphis, and Indiana all look good as well.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

We have a team with no offense (Michigan State, who ranks #88 overall in the nation and 106 overall in passing) against a team with no pass defense (Michigan ranks 96th overall in pass defense). The big advantage for State is that they are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 against Michigan. The line is MSU -4.5. That is too much for my taste. Pass.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

If I had to pick, I would go with Spartans because of the "D" and home. This rivalry is a dangerous game to mess with. This is a very good offense against a top defense. I won't touch it.

JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

Totally- the best value this week is a rivalry game with a line less than a TD. lmao.

wufpakman21
    wufpakman21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3649

screw the points, take the moneyline.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    I like all these, especially Michigan State! Really surprised at the Indiana line tho. I hope Minnesota doesnt make it three weeks in a row winning as double digit underdogs

curtrambus
    curtrambus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4799

Was 100% behind you on OSU last week same this week with MSU. Lets hope we have the same result.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Very quietly the Spartans have turned things around and are playing some great football. I really like what I've seen from the QB Connor Cook. Michigan is garbage. They can't stop a nosebleed. I expect MSU to move up and down the field in this one.

The opening number tells you all you need to know. Michigan would not have been more than a 3 point dog if vegas liked them.

Will post all college plays in this thread.

You must have missed the Purdue game.....MSU only scored 7 pts on offense vs the worst team (by far) in the B10. I agree with you overall though....Sparty has the D to pressure Gardner into some mistakes and their D is terrible like you said.

Don't understand how anyone could back Indiana after the way their D has played this year. They gave up 350 yds receiving to 1 guy and he was still catching balls with nobody around.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Michigan State doesn't move the ball up and down on anyone. Their offense wil always be a joke under Dantonio. Always.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Michigan State doesn't move the ball up and down on anyone. Their offense wil always be a joke under Dantonio. Always.
    Sincerely,

CAREER NOTES: Finished his career as Michigan State's all-time record holder in passing touchdowns (66), passing yards (9,131), completions (723), passing efficiency (146.1 rating), total offense (9,004 yards) and 200-yard passing games (26) . . . ranks among the Big Ten's all-time Top 10 in completion percentage (tied for sixth at .641), passing efficiency rating (seventh), passing yards (10th) and TD passes (tied for 10th) . . . only the second three-time captain in MSU history (Robert McCurry, 1946-48) . . . is the winningest quarterback in Spartan history (27 victories) . . . compiled a 27-12 record (.692) as the starting quarterback, including a 22-5 mark his final two seasons . . . his 202.9 yards per game passing ranks third in MSU history . . . tied a school record by throwing a TD pass in 16 consecutive games, spanning from the 2009 Northwestern game to the 2010 Iowa game (tied for school record along with Drew Stanton, 2005-06) . . . selected in the fourth round of the 2012 NFL Draft (No. 102 overall) by the Washington Redskins.

t-wizzle

Goat I'm not sure what you're talking about. I love what Michigan State does on offense. They are one of the few teams that run a pro-style offense. It looks to me like they've got something in Cook.

I know they've struggled in a few games this year but they have no problems moving the ball against porous defenses like Michigan.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Jeremy Langford is one of the most underrated backs I've seen this year, and their OL is healthy and looking much better than it has in recent memory.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Jeremy Langford is one of the most underrated backs I've seen this year, and their OL is healthy and looking much better than it has in recent memory.

Seems to me like MSU turned a corner when they beat Iowa. That was seen as basically a tossup game and they dominated. I'm high on this team right now.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Seems to me like MSU turned a corner when they beat Iowa. That was seen as basically a tossup game and they dominated. I'm high on this team right now.
    Cook is still going to make stupid decisions now and again, but he's getting there. People sometimes forget how erratic Cousins was as a RS-soph.

Defense is obviously as advertised. Dennard will play on Sundays without question, and Trae Waynes might be even better than him someday. Shilique Calhoun is a special talent, too.

This team is getting better. By no means are they in OSU's class, but they're much better overall than Michigan. I started a thread on this game as well. Doesn't surprise me that GM just makes some stupid blanket statement spouting off at the mouth when he actually has no idea what he's talking about. It's like his fingers have diarrhea.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Cook is still going to make stupid decisions now and again, but he's getting there. People sometimes forget how erratic Cousins was as a RS-soph.

Defense is obviously as advertised. Dennard will play on Sundays without question, and Trae Waynes might be even better than him someday. Shilique Calhoun is a special talent, too.

This team is getting better. By no means are they in OSU's class, but they're much better overall than Michigan. I started a thread on this game as well. Doesn't surprise me that GM just makes some stupid blanket statement spouting off at the mouth when he actually has no idea what he's talking about. It's like his fingers have diarrhea.

He probably just likes Michigan. They have always been the bigger name and have a flashier style.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

michigan st should be able to move the ball and michigan will make a few dumb mistakes. indiana is in like the best spot ever

JRoZe410
    JRoZe410's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2768

Can you give me your reasons for Memphis?Don't know too much on them.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

You are right about IU looks good

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by JRoZe410 View Post

Underrated team. Much better than their record. The line says it all.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by JRoZe410 View Post
    Memphis has been competitive in almost every one of their games. Bearcats are trash on the road.

Mayonnaise
    Mayonnaise's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 412

texas tech will be good for a TD on the weekend, DEFINETLY take the over...

TiredPro
    TiredPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Rivalry game. Not the same feel as other games. Michigan defense will play their game of the year. There are better plays on the board.

curtrambus
    curtrambus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4799

Don't know how anyone can lay points with Indiana. They seriously can't stop anyone just take the over.

t-wizzle

Michigan State up to -5.5/6.

I'm locked in on Sparty at -4.5.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Michigan State has been a money burner at home the last two years covering only two of twelve.

True bettor's nightmare at Spartan Stadium..............

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

if i can get the dog with a better defense in this rivalry I ll take that everytime, thx gluck

RavensFan2k3

Quote Originally Posted by cankid View Post
    if i can get the dog with a better defense in this rivalry I ll take that everytime, thx gluck
    Michigan has a better defense than Michigan State is what you're saying?

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Mighty MICHIGAN OR STAY A WAY and save ur MONEY !! Only way to play this game by my humble opinion

RavensFan2k3

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Jerry View Post
    Mighty MICHIGAN OR STAY A WAY and save ur MONEY !! Only way to play this game by my humble opinion
    How? I just cant seen it. Maybe Michigan and the points, but no way I can see them winning

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

That's ok and take the wood [ +4.5 ]
    Last edited by Hot Jerry; 10-29-13 at 11:30 PM.

WallyDynamite
    WallyDynamite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 394

OSU has burned me too many times. But just like my ex, I always end up coming back from time to time. May be one of those weeks. Also pretty sold on IU. Not so much MSU. Doubt id touch that game.

t-wizzle

3 Plays so far for me:

Michigan State -4.5 -110 (5x); -4 -105 (5x)

Syracuse -4 -101 (2.5x)

Oklahoma State -1 -105 (4x)

Already given my reasons for MSU. I'm not too worried that line moved back down again. Cuse is in a good spot coming off a bye and facing a Wake team coming off a really tough loss to Miami. Oklahoma State in a similar situation facing a Texas Tech team coming off its first loss of the season. I just think the Cowboys are a better team overall though.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

we seem to agree more with fb, lol.. like msu as well.. not so sure bout okie st, dunno if they have the fire power to keep pace with tech, prob a pass unless i can get something like +120ish tho.. gl wizzle

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

3 Plays so far for me:

Michigan State -4.5 -110 (5x); -4 -105 (5x)

Syracuse -4 -101 (2.5x)

Oklahoma State -1 -105 (4x)

Already given my reasons for MSU. I'm not too worried that line moved back down again. Cuse is in a good spot coming off a bye and facing a Wake team coming off a really tough loss to Miami. Oklahoma State in a similar situation facing a Texas Tech team coming off its first loss of the season. I just think the Cowboys are a better team overall though.
    i like Michigan state too pal.

i dont like oklahoma state though

12 Last