RollDamnTide1
    RollDamnTide1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Vanderbilt v Texas A&M

The line is currently at -17. Can't help but think this is too high, the games seem to be coming thick and fast for Aggies. That defence can't stop anyone. If JF injures the arm further early doors then I think Vandy wins.

I'm taking the points and a small bet on the ML.

Any thoughts on this one?

JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've got the over in a parlay

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

The Aggie defense gives up 511 yards per game (116th) just one spot ahead of powerhouse Georgia State.

Anyone know the true status of Johnnie Boy?

El_Zilcho
    El_Zilcho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Johnny is probable, but I think he plays. He's too much of a competitor not too, unless it's really serious. Sumlin doesn't release injury information.

I'm not touching this game, and I haven't looked at Vandy's offense too much or their rb's, but I would take Vandy to cover from what our defense has put on the field. We don't have enough players to get a good rotation going, and we're getting worn down.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

BookMaker has pulled the game OTB, but 5Dimes still has it up at -17.5.

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

VANDY is TERRIBLE away from home.... do some research

SilverTongueFox
    SilverTongueFox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5303

Quote Originally Posted by JMUplayer View Post
    VANDY is TERRIBLE away from home.... do some research
    Just need 11 warm bodies to score on A&Ms defense. Better do your research before laying a dime with a defense that bad. 17/18 pts hard to cover when your defense can't stop anyone

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The line is 17-18 in Vegas and everyone is carrying it. Johnny M's career in the College ranks is over. A&M is going nowheres except to the Cotton Bowl, and that is not even assured. There is no way that this glamor boy will allow anything to threaten his career. The slightest twinge and he is out of there. Vandy obviously wants this game more than A&M. They have a shot at a bowl game, and HC Franklin may have a shot at the USC HC job. I think A&M has enough to win, but Vandy and the points is a good play.

cuse88
    cuse88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 276

vandy is scary bad on the road but a&m defense is a joke, with a beat up Johnny im leaning towards vandy

RollDamnTide1
    RollDamnTide1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

They lost against Georgia & Northwestern away last season while winning 4. They have lost against South Carolina this season.

I'm not finding any evidence that they are poor away from home. Can you provide this?

JabooFootball

Vandy has only played 2 road games this year. they are 1-1 on the road. They average 1.5 rushing touchdown per game on the road as opposed to 3.6 rushing touchdown per game at home. 100 less yards per game passing on the road. Pass defense gives up 30% more yards per game on the road... Theres a real small sample size this year though. Last year Pass Defense gave up 100% more YPG on the road and team was 3-3.

I dont think theyre abysmal on the road, their defense obviously doesnt play as well, I still dont think AM covers but Id rather bet the over.

747planes
    [Too Long]
    747planes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 334

Vandy and over. Too many people thinking vandy is in let down spot and texas a and m is in bounce back spot but this will be another score fest. can't see a and m winning by more than two touchdowns with their non existent defense.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

You may be on target with the over Jaboo. The Aggies are top 10 in scoring somewhere around 44 points a game.

Vandy is averaging around 32 ppg and see no reason they want score on A&M's defense.

Got to agree with EL Z that because of depth, the defense is worn down.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The line is 17-18 in Vegas and everyone is carrying it. Johnny M's career in the College ranks is over. A&M is going nowheres except to the Cotton Bowl, and that is not even assured. There is no way that this glamor boy will allow anything to threaten his career. The slightest twinge and he is out of there. Vandy obviously wants this game more than A&M. They have a shot at a bowl game, and HC Franklin may have a shot at the USC HC job. I think A&M has enough to win, but Vandy and the points is a good play.
    OTB at the Wynn

JabooFootball

Avg total of an A&M game is 79. Only 1 game this season has gone under the total of this game (im seeing 68.5). Havent taken this yet (except in parlays) but Im considering a straight bet

KyTn
    KyTn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2421

747 how do you bet the over with no Johnny?

JM17
    JM17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

no play for me. Texas A&M has screwed me twice already this year. Done with them. I also don't like playing vanderbilt. they may be playing good ball but they are still vandy.

El_Zilcho
    El_Zilcho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

There is no way that this glamor boy will allow anything to threaten his career. The slightest twinge and he is out of there.
    You obviously don't watch this kid play. At least not without drinking some of dat haterade.
    The kid did something to his shoulder last game (from reliable source: bad sprain), went back and tried his damnedest to win.
    Ole Miss, he got a pain in his knee, went down, went to the sidelines and then came back in and gave it 100%
    Johnny Fvckin Football is on some Kobe ish when it's on the line

A&M was the team everyone wanted revenge on this season, so the "they want it more" rationale is irrelevant. Effort is not an issue for A&M, but talent, depth, and coaching is for our defense.

Auburn ran the ball 60 times against us (with a lot of power run plays which kills us), and they averaged about 45 rush attempts in conference before that. Auburn runs a lot of power running, has a QB that can run, and moves very fast as an offense. They've only thrown it 170 times on the year (compared to about 350 run plays) because their QB isn't a great passer. This was a match up that spelled disaster for A&M

Vandy averages about 35 a game, but they don't move as fast as Auburn does. I really haven't watched them enough to really go in depth on the type of offense and stuff, so I just don't know, but they'll probably cover. Their offense seems fairly balanced
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

Mayonnaise
    Mayonnaise's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 412

i think even with a fully healthy Johnny football this game still needs to be closer then 17pts.... he hurt his shoulder this week, remember at ole miss he hurt his knee... dont think both injuries wont flare up this weekend....

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Another post that proves you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I see them from you on a regular basis.

747planes
    [Too Long]
    747planes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 334

Quote Originally Posted by KyTn View Post
    747 how do you bet the over with no Johnny?
    he is fine and he will play. don't fall for media drama/circus around johnny.

KyTn
    KyTn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2421

I agree he is slated to play, but losing the sling on Wednesday? Even Vandy can get a good hit on that shoulder.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Vandy's starting QB is out, Samuels is not playing.