JM17
    JM17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

Alabamma -28

Seems like too many points. Opinions?

JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alabama has allows an avg of 3ppg at Bryant Denny. 1 TD scored there all year.

JM17

Wait until justin Worley and company wreck havoc

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

TN +28.5 is a good bet, imo. Alabama wins 34-13.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Alabama wants to win by 28+ they will. Odds are they will letup in the 2nd half though.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Seems like a bad spot here for tenny, off a south Carolina win and before that a crushing ot lose to Georgia now travel to play Alabama who's given up a grand total of 3 their past 2. Alabama first half has been a gem for me all year and I'm gonna play it big here. They dominate first half of games especially against lesser competetion. Like stated above, their defense is coming off a shutout and before that game only a FG given up, I'd expect them to want to maintain that level of dominance. Also expect vols to come out flat, they've played their hearts out the last 2 weeks and are severely outmatched here, as evident by the line even off their big win. On the flipside im sure nick knows this team can't be taken too lightly, expect alabama to impose their will early on and not let up. Alabama first half when released is the play for me, 3U which is a lot for me by my standards.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

TN isnt going to score.

JM17

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    TN isnt going to score.
    You high, boy?

KyTn
    KyTn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2421

I will have a small play on TN, but the real story is SC a 5 point fave AT Mizzou. Unbelievable!

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

No franklin thats why

Pin Fish
    Pin Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13609

Quote Originally Posted by KyTn View Post
    I will have a small play on TN, but the real story is SC a 5 point fave AT Mizzou. Unbelievable!
    Where do you see SC-5....???????????

JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've got Mizzou -2.5 on my book. Connor shaw is out to. I think mauk proved himself last weekend guys!!!

TexasJayhawk
    TexasJayhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Maybe I'm off the mark but when I analyze/cap Bama I always try and factor Saban's mindset coming into the game.

My opinion is that he might want to pound Tennessee by 30 or more points because Oregon pounded Tenn at their house by 45 (59-14...2nd week of season). Like I said I might be off the mark but Bama is a team I analyze a little different.

JTrain
    JTrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1464

Bama's best opponents were its first four... they didn't beat any of them by 28 or more.

Tennessee is shaping up to be a pretty decent team.

Bama wins 31-17
    Points Awarded:

JM17 gave JTrain 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JM17

Quote Originally Posted by JTrain View Post
    Bama's best opponents were its first four... they didn't beat any of them by 28 or more.

Tennessee is shaping up to be a pretty decent team

Bama wins 31-17
    point for you sir

tennesseety
    tennesseety's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1817

Vol fan here, so grain of salt with anything I say. . .First, I love the way my team has responded to Butch. There is fight and grit that I haven't seen in a long while. I'm proud of Worley as well for becoming more of a game managing QB with no TOs the past couple weeks. However, I just don't see how we match up against a top team like this. Our talent falls off immensely after the first string and I can see bammer absolutely covering after 4 quarters. While Worley has improved, his accuracy is still way off the mark. Our backfield will be exposed much more than Shaw was able to. And, on the flip side, bammer really seems to have found a rhythm and they looked flawless against Arkansas (yes, I know how bad they've been). If the line was closer to 24, I was going to put a small one on the red team. At 4 TDs, I think it's a no play or a slight lean to the red.

JM17

Interesting take tenesseety. Maybe I'll just sit back and watch the game. I'm a UT alum so I'm already biased as it is.

tennesseety
    tennesseety's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1817

Quote Originally Posted by JM17 View Post
    Interesting take tenesseety. Maybe I'll just sit back and watch the game. I'm a UT alum so I'm already biased as it is.
    Alumn here as well. '98-'99 was my senior year. Great way to go out!

jdk426
    jdk426's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 248

I really like UT with the points. I dont think they sit in as bad of a spot as Bama. Im not always right but I think Tenn is the better play. Remember that Bama plays LSU next week with LSU coming off of a bye week. I think Bama gets a good lead and lets off the throttle.

Scratch 23
    Scratch 23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

I've played the Bama games four times this yr. took the 40 and 50 pts we got with CSU and Georgia st, layed the 28 against kentucky and arkansas. My belief (stated before)is that Saban runs it up against the weak foes of the SEC. He pulls starters against lower rung FBS schools and calls the dogs off. So this week, I'm left thinking about the Vols status. Are they a SEC bottomfeeder, or are they a more middle of the pack team? You can't deny their marked improvement over the last 2 games against quality opponents. BUT,,,,,,, alas, those games were at home against teams (SC and Georgia) that do not have anywhere near the defensive prowess the Tide has. Bama has LSU on dockett next(the only game they could theoretically lose this yr) but that game won't be played for 2 weeks with their bye coming up. I don't see this as a look ahead spot. Take away the A and M game and Manziels crazy 4th quarter, and the Tide have given up 10 to VT on the road, 6 to CSU(mercy points), O to old miss, 3 to georgia st(mercy points), 7 to kentucky, and 0 to Arkansas. Of note, the Vols did score 14 against the ducks and 17 against the gators on the road, so they might get on the board......maybe. Will the Tide get 38 or more points?? I have to think so. While i have slight reservations here, hoping for my 5th win of the season betting on Bama games. Laying the 28 with pretty good confidence. GL all.

theprofessor71
    theprofessor71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 653

Bama 1h is always the better bet. And Bama is off next week to play lsu the week after. Seem they would want some momentum going into the bye.

Scratch 23
    Scratch 23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor71 View Post
    Bama 1h is always the better bet. And Bama is off next week to play lsu the week after. Seem they would want some momentum going into the bye.
    1st half has been golden. 1st quarter too, but it seems alot of books aren't even giving those lines anymore. one local book i use won't even let me tease the Bama games. Weak!!

TexasJayhawk
    TexasJayhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch 23 View Post
    I've played the Bama games four times this yr. took the 40 and 50 pts we got with CSU and Georgia st, layed the 28 against kentucky and arkansas. My belief (stated before)is that Saban runs it up against the weak foes of the SEC. He pulls starters against lower rung FBS schools and calls the dogs off. So this week, I'm left thinking about the Vols status. Are they a SEC bottomfeeder, or are they a more middle of the pack team? You can't deny their marked improvement over the last 2 games against quality opponents. BUT,,,,,,, alas, those games were at home against teams (SC and Georgia) that do not have anywhere near the defensive prowess the Tide has. Bama has LSU on dockett next(the only game they could theoretically lose this yr) but that game won't be played for 2 weeks with their bye coming up. I don't see this as a look ahead spot. Take away the A and M game and Manziels crazy 4th quarter, and the Tide have given up 10 to VT on the road, 6 to CSU(mercy points), O to old miss, 3 to georgia st(mercy points), 7 to kentucky, and 0 to Arkansas. Of note, the Vols did score 14 against the ducks and 17 against the gators on the road, so they might get on the board......maybe. Will the Tide get 38 or more points?? I have to think so. While i have slight reservations here, hoping for my 5th win of the season betting on Bama games. Laying the 28 with pretty good confidence. GL all.
    Completely agree. Took Bama -27.5 at 5 Dimes. GL. Roll Tide.