t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Ohio State -14.5 over Penn State is the college play of the week

Ohio State wins this game by 3+ scores. This is a major statement game for them on the prime time stage. Psu simply can't match up here. Their defense isn't what we've grown accustomed to over the years. Ohio State will put up at least 35 in this game.

Laying the points here for a big play. By far my favorite college play of the week.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: lucullus

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i like it.

share your thoughts on
    Oregon vs UCLA please

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    i like it.

share your thoughts on
    Oregon vs UCLA please
    Need some time to think about that one. Ton of points to lay there.

Jakenv21
    Update your status
    Jakenv21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6714

This is the play I liked at first glance as well. Being from pittsburgh I watch PSU a lot and I don't think they are very good. it being at the shoe too I like Ohio State. Tell me a little more about OSU's defense before I make my play. I don't find Penn St.s offense to be able to put up a lot of points on the road

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Need some time to think about that one. Ton of points to lay there.
    Yeah i anticipated Oregon being -17.5 in which case i would be okay buying a halt point and taking -17 bur but 22.5????

makes me consider UCLA

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Jakenv21 View Post
    This is the play I liked at first glance as well. Being from pittsburgh I watch PSU a lot and I don't think they are very good. it being at the shoe too I like Ohio State. Tell me a little more about OSU's defense before I make my play. I don't find Penn St.s offense to be able to put up a lot of points on the road
    Ohio State defense has been kinda shaky but Penn State is horrible.

JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do like this pick, need to look at it a bit more. My pick of the week is Clemson -13.5 (now -14) vs Maryland. Maryland is without their starting QB and top WR. They just lost to Wake by 24 points. Clemson throttled wake four weeks ago. This is a rebound game for Daboo, Tajh, and Sammy.

Also guys- look at how little UCLA could do versus Stanford. Oregons defense is on that level. UCLA averages about 30 ppg (even less on turf) on the road, and I do not think they have the defensive prowess to hold the ducks to ANY less than their avg of 58, add to that the fact that Oregon is going to be on a mission to lay an ass whooping to further themselves in the polls.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Run along matt, the grown ups are talking

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Good luck bro.

Everyone is laying points with the 0-6 Giants. Pretty comical.

good call, dummy.

lol

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Jakenv21 View Post
    Did you go to PSU?

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

did u go to university of punjabi?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Crusty ,

The trolling act is getting old.

You are welcome to join the sports discussion.

Chime in... give us some winners.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

Only1Oklahoma
    Semi-pro
    Only1Oklahoma's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 116

I think Ohio St. is one of the most overrated teams in college football. 3 games in a row they've won by small margins and the past 2 looked flat til late in the game. They got embarrassed 1st half at home last week.

Penn State has some momentum going after Michigan upset. Moving the ball well through the air and showing they can put up points. Ohio States gonna have their hands full and it should be a game for a while.

14.5 just seems a litttllee too fishy. Ohio State pulls it off by 10. Would be calling upset if they were bringing this game back home to PA

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Only1Oklahoma View Post
    I think Ohio St. is one of the most overrated teams in college football. 3 games in a row they've won by small margins and the past 2 looked flat til late in the game. They got embarrassed 1st half at home last week.

Penn State has some momentum going after Michigan upset. Moving the ball well through the air and showing they can put up points. Ohio States gonna have their hands full and it should be a game for a while.

14.5 just seems a litttllee too fishy. Ohio State pulls it off by 10. Would be calling upset if they were bringing this game back home to PA
    Ohio State more depth than any team in the country.

In my opinion they would beatbAlabama or FSU. I'm not sure about Oregon though.

Ohio State plays better in home night games.

JabooFootball

Is Ohio state wildly overrated? Absolutely.

Small margins though is a bold claim. Small margins relative to what? Theyre 1-1-1 ATS in the last 3 games, two of which against opponents ranked at the time. 2 of the teams they face have far and away better offensive capabilities (although NW are hampered by their injuries now) than PSU, and you could make an argument for Iowa. PSU does not match up as well with OSU as well as NW and Wisc did (with their run game) and I dont know enough about Iowa to comment on their matchup w OSU, def stayed away from that game though.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

smart man.

osu is the biggest trap of the week and of course goat boy falls right in. not that it matter since this brokedik airbettor doesnt have any money to actually put it where his mouth is.

CDMKMP
    CDMKMP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Well ... before the last two posts (as I was writing this) this thread conveniently ignored OSU being down to IOWA the whole first half last week and only being tied with them going into the 4th ... all without ridiculous turnovers going Iowa's way, and a 19pt spread.

I don't think they are as high powered as you think when you account for the absolute creampie schedule they had before B10 play.

Didn't cover vs Wisco (-7, push), only covered vs NW (-10) due to that crazy 'meaningless' turnover TD in the last second, and didn't cover playing Iowa despite a bye week to prepare.

Obviously OSU is a good team but I don't have confidence in them blowing out decent opposition by 2+ scores. Way too small margin of error for them.

curtrambus
    curtrambus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4799

I bought the hook to -13.5 it's money. When something is fishy you go the fishy way it's a life lesson.

JabooFootball

To be clear I'm not betting that Ohio State is a great team, IF I bet this game Im betting against the Penn State Rd team that got bitchslapped by Indiana and almost lost to Syracuse. Everyone seems to have forgotten about how shitty PSU has been on a road because of one sloppy OT victory over a (also highly overrated) Michigan in happy valley that will probably serve as the highpoint of the season. I think Im gonna stay away altogether as PSU is coming off a bye.

curtrambus

FYI Iowa is a better team then PSU especially on defense. PSU is going to give up 42+ and they are not going to move the ball against Roby and company. This coming from a diehard Badger fan who has watched every game from both teams all year. OSU at night is a totally different animal. Badgers are a better team then OSU but when you go there at night it's beyond tuff.

curtrambus

Anyone betting PSU is straight foolish you aren't smarter then the books. Same thing with UCLA. You'd have to be a complete dumbazz to take UCLA +22.5 or whatever it is. If PSU was +7 or +6.5 then you'd be ok but being at -14.5 opening Vegas knows what's up.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

ucla will cover. osu won't.

CDMKMP
    CDMKMP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Quote Originally Posted by curtrambus View Post
    Anyone betting PSU is straight foolish you aren't smarter then the books. Same thing with UCLA. You'd have to be a complete dumbazz to take UCLA +22.5 or whatever it is. If PSU was +7 or +6.5 then you'd be ok but being at -14.5 opening Vegas knows what's up.
    Sounds like the only one you are trying to convince with all these posts is yourself.

JabooFootball

Quote Originally Posted by curtrambus View Post
    FYI Iowa is a better team then PSU especially on defense. PSU is going to give up 42+ and they are not going to move the ball against Roby and company. This coming from a diehard Badger fan who has watched every game from both teams all year. OSU at night is a totally different animal. Badgers are a better team then OSU but when you go there at night it's beyond tuff.
    Preciate the info man. Do you think the over might be a decent play here?

curtrambus

Over 56.5 is kind of a coin flip. Really uncertain how many points PSU is going to score. I expect a complete blowout like 38-7 or 38-14. The better play IMO is Ohio St. team total if it's under 28 which it probably won't be. I'm just trying to save people money or better yet make money. I have seen this same story where the line looks high or why is that team favored? Guess who wins every single time and covers. The team that is favored and not supposed to be. Example team lost by 40 in college basketball last year and were only a 6 point dog at home later in the season. No injuries same teams. Team that lost by 40 won by like 16 or something. This shit seriously happens all the time and people should take notice and pound when you see things like this.
    Last edited by curtrambus; 10-22-13 at 01:40 PM.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by CDMKMP View Post
    Sounds like the only one you are trying to convince with all these posts is yourself.
    that makes no sense to me. I like ohio state here laying the points but i was going to bet PSU i'd much rather 14 points that 7 points...

The fact that ohio state is favored by 14 is due to large difference in talent between these 2 football teams

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

I like the over because if anyone watched that Iowa game, Ohio States defense totally sucked. The tight ends on Iowa abused the shitt out of the buckeyes and they couldn't stop the run either, they were lucky to win that game. Penn States passing game is better than Iowa's. On the other hand Ohio States offense is pretty damn good so I like that 56.5.

curtrambus

Roby got ejected in the 1st quarter probably had something to do with it and it wasen't a night game at OSU totally different environment.

curtrambus

Not saying the over doesn't hit but imo laying the points is the better play.

curtrambus

At least two TD's in the PSU Mich game were gimme's for PSU. Gardner turned the ball over at his own 10 or 20 2wice in the first half both lead to TD's.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    smart man.

osu is the biggest trap of the week and of course goat boy falls right in. not that it matter since this brokedik airbettor doesnt have any money to actually put it where his mouth is.

Good then it's settled. Crusty has taken his stance on this game. OSU covers then you leave the forum like you said you would if K-State didn't cover.

gravy
    Update your status
    gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13463

Check the weather for Columbus on Saturday as its suspose to be crappy here on the weekend

BroncosBettor
    BroncosBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Do you think you need to buy a hook so you are not getting a dead number at 14.5? I would if it cost no more than ten cents. Probably won't need it but that's just me...

dymd3z
    SEC CHAMPS!
    dymd3z's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 858

Becareful with this one...

1234 Last