irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Starting on next saturday with the ml on clemson vs maryland

Clemson needs this win to get some self respect back. The Terps can't stop Clemson's offense. risking 2450 to win 500. The ML is -490 and I think it will only go up, that's why I'm on it now. Looking at Miami vs Wake forest at home?

JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know why you wouldn't take Clemson to cover. They're going to play with their backs against the wall. They will win by 3+ scores IMHO

JabooFootball

Line would be 20+ of Clemson won last night. And that's a much fairer actual projection of margin of victory but public got buried on the home dawg in Death Valley so there's gotta be a more attractive number.

NeilV
    NeilV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Quote Originally Posted by JabooFootball View Post
    I don't know why you wouldn't take Clemson to cover. They're going to play with their backs against the wall. They will win by 3+ scores IMHO
    Yes very good chance. Maryland top 2 WRs were injured and could be out, CJ Brown might not be 100%. So need to check back later and also wondering what's Clemson record after a SU loss the last 2 1/2 years.

JabooFootball

Dating back to the beginning of 2008 Clemson is 14-8 Straight up off a loss. Interestingly enough they are 2-4 SU after a home loss and 1-3 after a home loss when the next game is on the road.

irish1
    Update your status

Then I have nothing to worry about do I? Hey I hit for 1000 on the ML with Ohio State, they were giving Iowa 17. Ohio St won 34-24, no cover but the ML paid me 1000. Bet you thought Ohio St was gonna cover that too. Just depends what you want to do.

irish1
    Update your status

Dating back to the beginning of 2008 Clemson is 14-8 Straight up off a loss. Interestingly enough they are 2-4 SU after a home loss and 1-3 after a home loss when the next game is on the road.
    different players,those stats means nothing.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

backs against wall? there whole season is over.

i would think they would come out flat and dejected

especially for a noon game.

I'm not touching either side of this game though.

irish1
    Update your status

Yes but they are 22-0 straight up off a loss when temperature is between 62.5 and 71.5 degrees and wind blowing exactly 6 mph in a westerly direction with two cumulous clouds over their opponents sideline.
    Points Awarded:

JM17 gave irish1 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

RavensFan2k3 gave irish1 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

irish1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    backs against wall? there whole season is over.

i would think they would come out flat and dejected

especially for a noon game.

I'm not touching either side of this game though.
    They were never in any hunt for a national championship to begin with. Clemson QB Boyd wants to be drafted in the first round of the NFL draft. Don't you think he is still playing for something? Coach has to recruit, isn't he playing for something? Wide Receiver Sammy Watkins wants to be drafted, think he is playing for something? Oh, and its a 3:30 game not noon.

wufpakman21
    wufpakman21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3649

Clemson will come out a little shell shocked after Saturdays whooping but Maryland just hasn't looked good since that FSU debacle. I expect Clemson will win this game by 18-21 points.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

good points all around.

JabooFootball

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    Then I have nothing to worry about do I? Hey I hit for 1000 on the ML with Ohio State, they were giving Iowa 17. Ohio St won 34-24, no cover but the ML paid me 1000. Bet you thought Ohio St was gonna cover that too. Just depends what you want to do.
    No, I didnt think Ohio State was going to cover. There is a big difference between 13 and 17 and Iowa is better than banged up maryland. Not a fair comparison. Im not trying to argue with you Im just telling you there is significant value in the spread. Clemson covered a 20+ point spread against Wake Forest. Wake Forest just beat Maryland by 24 points.

irish1
    Update your status

No, I didnt think Ohio State was going to cover. There is a big difference between 13 and 17 and Iowa is better than banged up maryland. Not a fair comparison. Im not trying to argue with you Im just telling you there is significant value in the spread. Clemson covered a 20+ point spread against Wake Forest. Wake Forest just beat Maryland by 24 points.
    Good point jaboo, why risk a large loss when you might not have to. What do you think about UCF playing UCONN?

JabooFootball

I cant see myself playing that game. I dont trust Uconn in Orlando after that louisville with any amount of points but at the same time UCF isnt the kind of dominant offense thats guaranteed to go out an score 40+ (They havent gone above 38 this year) and excluding the FIU game because theyre quite possibly the worst team in the FBS UCF allows 23ppg and will be going up against a UCONN team that manages to score at least a few touchdowns. If I had to play I'd lean UCONN... ive noticed a lot of times when the public gets buried against a team or just a team shows up pretty well in primetime (NW OSU) then the following week they try to jump on that team and get buried again (NW WISCY). A game I like a lot more with the exact same spread is Oregon -23 vs UCLA. I think Oregon cruises by 30.

irish1
    Update your status

So, I guess Stanford exposed UCLA last week. Like the Ducks also!

irish1
    Update your status

Forget about Miami! Just placed a wager on Louisville ML risking 6250 to win 500. Teddy still wants a shot at that Heisman and NFL still watching. They will rebound against a South Florida team that has a lousy offense. Hey, I'm fully recovered from that Stanford choke job against Utah. Up 200 for the year thanks to San Fran Niners taking care of Titans yesterday.

JabooFootball

Im also up about 270 for the year. (since football season started) Had a brief scare this weekend put me on tilt but then dug out of a substantial hole from 5pm saturday on.

irish1
    Update your status

Its a lot of work for a couple hundred, isn't it Jaboo? My heart rate during that Ohio State game went up and the Bud Ice helped. Wisconsin helped me relax right out of the gate. Need a nice blowout by Louisville and Clemson for an enjoyable Saturday. Is that to much to ask for?

El_Zilcho
    El_Zilcho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

They're playing Maryland. Maryland is terrible. This line is a steal

JM17
    JM17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

i just jizzed when i read this line. im on it, large.

JabooFootball

I bet on it at 13.5 and bet more at 14. One of the most solid picks of the year.

NeilV
    NeilV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Quote Originally Posted by wufpakman21 View Post
    Clemson will come out a little shell shocked after Saturdays whooping but Maryland just hasn't looked good since that FSU debacle. I expect Clemson will win this game by 18-21 points.
    Clemson was in a similar situation LY lost to Florida St, the week after they beat BC by 14 points as a 12 points Favorite.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

If they win, it's not going to be close. However, as a Clemson fan, I could easily see Clemson folding here. I'll have Maryland on the moneyline.

Tboonepickem
    Tboonepickem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5430

Maryland on the money line? I just pissed myself

JabooFootball

Maryland scored 10 on Wake and theyre gonna beat clemson? I guess its his way of effecting a hapiness hedge. Hes happy if they win, paid if they lose.

JabooFootball

text from 10/21 USA TODAY

The troubles continue for Maryland after losing to Wake Forest 34-10.
    Maryland coach Randy Edsall confirmed after the game that both of his leading two receivers, Stefon Diggs and Deon Long, had broken their legs during the game and would require season-ending surgery.
    "It's unfortunate," Edsall said, via The Washington Post. "I feel bad for both those guys."

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

clemson can find a way to lose this game trust me

irish1
    Update your status

Waited to long on the UCF ML, its up to 2500. I just stay put with Clemson and Louisville for 500 on each. If they win I might check out Auburn ML but that's alitttle high hope it goes down.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    Forget about Miami! Just placed a wager on Louisville ML risking 6250 to win 500. Teddy still wants a shot at that Heisman and NFL still watching. They will rebound against a South Florida team that has a lousy offense. Hey, I'm fully recovered from that Stanford choke job against Utah. Up 200 for the year thanks to San Fran Niners taking care of Titans yesterday.
    If you like playing the ML, you have to look for the best wager for the price. Anyone who gives away huge odds is begging to lose. I am 8-0 so far playing ML games. That makes me +800 units. This week it is Michigan State -375 against Illinois. Wager 375 UNITS to win 100. Michiigan State and Nebraska are the only two teams in the Big 10 Legends that are undeeated. Michigan State goes to Nebraska later on. They will not risk a loss here to ruin their season.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    If you like playing the ML, you have to look for the best wager for the price. Anyone who gives away huge odds is begging to lose. I am 8-0 so far playing ML games. That makes me +800 units. This week it is Michigan State -375 against Illinois. Wager 375 UNITS to win 100. Michiigan State and Nebraska are the only two teams in the Big 10 Legends that are undeeated. Michigan State goes to Nebraska later on. They will not risk a loss here to ruin their season.
    I like it

irish1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I hear ya but if a team is giving 20+ points don't you think its a pretty safe on the ML. Louisville has a great offense and good "D" especially against South Florida. Now on the other hand Mich State has a killer "D" but their offense sucks. So you have to be careful but I expect them to take care of business, the Cornhuskers you also have to be careful with. A low line means it could be a game. A high line is a greater risk but should be a one sided affair. GL on your wagers

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

I'm a ML Fav of the day bettor, but only bet -222 and higher. In this sport I'm 12-7 a little over 2 units.

irish1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    I'm a ML Fav of the day bettor, but only bet -222 and higher. In this sport I'm 12-7 a little over 2 units.
    Hey Kelly what up, welcome over to the dark side. Didn't know you followed CFB, this and March madness is my favorite times of the year. What looks good to you this week?