SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Teddy Bridgewater is going to have a fine Russell Athletic Bowl

Probably against a mediocre Pitt team.

Thank god I can stop hearing about Charlie Strong being a great coach.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Will it be the end of all the 24/7 bridgewater news on ESPNU? I hope so.

JM17
    JM17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

lol

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

you shouldn't. Don't blame Teddy Bridgewater for having a shit defense. I guess Johnny Manziel sucks too huh?

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

guy is definitely overhyped. Media been all over him. Guy probably won't even be drafted in the first round.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    guy is definitely overhyped. Media been all over him. Guy probably won't even be drafted in the first round.
    another loser prediction, great job. Bet you're a really smart guy in real life

El_Zilcho
    El_Zilcho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Everyone always talks about how good Louisville's defense is....

15805's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16182

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    Will it be the end of all the 24/7 bridgewater news on ESPNU? I hope so.
    Why was ESPN hypng this guy! I mean he is better than that Rutgers QB Gary Nova who they played last week but that's not saying much. I guess there have been worse QB's drafted in the 1st round but not many!

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by 15805 View Post
    Why was ESPN hypng this guy! I mean he is better than that Rutgers QB Gary Nova who they played last week but that's not saying much. I guess there have been worse QB's drafted in the 1st round but not many!
    try the best QB outside of Luck to come out in years you clown. You penetrating nobody SBR posters are on my last nerve with your ignorant "if you don't run up the score" you suck attitudes

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    In my opinion, Terry Bridgewater isn't over-hyped... he is the real deal... and I believe he will be drafted in the first round. In fact, I would not be the least bit surprised if he is the first QB taken in the 2014 draft.

El_Zilcho
    El_Zilcho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Lolz. Louisville fans need to look at the truth and call a spade a spade. Louisville is good, but unbelievably overhyped. Bridgewater is pretty good, but also overhyped. Best QB outside of Luck? Johnny Football says hi.

Bridgewater and the team's big test this year was this team , and they lost. It is what it is.

SamDiamond

There are 2 issues at hand here.

1. Bridgewater. He is good. He's talented. He will be a very high NFL draft selection.

2. Louisville. They are not so good. And this ridiculous amount of hype paid to Charlie Strong is more aggravating than the attention Bridgewater gets. Charlie Strong has faced 3 Top 25 teams in his four years of coaching. 3. If he isn't the most overvalued head coach in college football, I don't know who is. Georgia played 3 top 10 teams in their first 4 games THIS SEASON--- and strong played a #23 team, a #24 team, and a #5 team-- IN FOUR FUKING YEARS.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

There is no way Bridgewater is in the same league as Johnny Football. Johnny football has already faced Bama and lit them up for 42 points, he has already lit up Mississippi , lit up Arkansas and know he will lite up Auburn. He still has to face Miss St and LSU. That would be 4 losses for Louisville, I'll give them a win versus Arkansas. Mr. Manziel is throwing for 400 and running for 100+ against this level of competition. As of right now Johnny Football should hands down be the Heisman winner. On the college level Johnny football is one of the best quarterbacks ever, so don't compare Bridgewater to him Please! Louisville was exposed last night, Johnny Football would lite them up for 50+ easy.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

You could say that Bridgewater choked on those last two drives. This was his big test and I don't think he passed. Pressure was on him and he didn't come through.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

It was the coach of Lville. Guy had zero passion and didn't have his team prepared for a sixty minute game. Dude got way too conservative. After Ucf made it 14-28 he was like oh well, run the ball. No intensity from him so his players just going through the motions, then FUMBLE. So glad they lost SU. They deserved to. I am going to remember this about thier coach and will bet accordingly next time in a situation like this.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    try the best QB outside of Luck to come out in years you clown. You penetrating nobody SBR posters are on my last nerve with your ignorant "if you don't run up the score" you suck attitudes
    I have to agree

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    You could say that Bridgewater choked on those last two drives. This was his big test and I don't think he passed. Pressure was on him and he didn't come through.
    Irish-- Bridgewater led Louisville to a touchdown with 2:59 seconds left in the game.

Then Louisville's defense let UCF score.

How did he choke?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I knew Strong pretty well back in the 80's. He is one of the nicest guys you'll ever know. He is also one of the most upright, good morals person as well. He is just a very, very good guy. I wish we had more people like Coach Strong because I know he's going to do the right thing and he thinks of the kids first.

This is why he is one of the best coaches in the game. His kids love him and would do anything for him. He should have been a head coach many years ago. I think him being married to a white woman in the south was the reason he was passed up for so many jobs. He is very smart, understands the game but just doesn't have enough horses at UL. If he was in a big program he would be bringing in the recruits. He's already done an incredible job at UL, winning a bunch of recruiting battles with bigger programs.

Losing a few games does not really define a coach/man.

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Probably against a mediocre Pitt team.

Thank god I can stop hearing about Charlie Strong being a great coach.

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I knew Strong pretty well back in the 80's. He is one of the nicest guys you'll ever know. He is also one of the most upright, good morals person as well. He is just a very, very good guy. I wish we had more people like Coach Strong because I know he's going to do the right thing and he thinks of the kids first.

This is why he is one of the best coaches in the game. His kids love him and would do anything for him. He should have been a head coach many years ago. I think him being married to a white woman in the south was the reason he was passed up for so many jobs. He is very smart, understands the game but just doesn't have enough horses at UL. If he was in a big program he would be bringing in the recruits. He's already done an incredible job at UL, winning a bunch of recruiting battles with bigger programs.

Losing a few games does not really define a coach/man.
    I never questioned Strong's character, just his coaching.

Playing 3 Top-25 teams in 4 years isn't a strong test of coaching skill.

As for recruiting--- I'm sure Charlie is a nice guy, but he lucked into Teddy Bridgewater.

Bridgewater verballed to his hometown Miami Hurricanes. He loved Randy Shannon, absolutely loved the guy.

Then Shannon was fired at Miami.

And Bridgewater ended up at Louisville.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    I never questioned Strong's character, just his coaching.

Playing 3 Top-25 teams in 4 years isn't a strong test of coaching skill.

As for recruiting--- I'm sure Charlie is a nice guy, but he lucked into Teddy Bridgewater.

Bridgewater verballed to his hometown Miami Hurricanes. He loved Randy Shannon, absolutely loved the guy.

Then Shannon was fired at Miami.

And Bridgewater ended up at Louisville.

that's recruiting pal

15805's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16182

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Dream on! I took a cursory glance at the top 20 teams QB's & Bridgewater may
    be better than Miami's QB, & Texas Tech's & even with 9 easily better than Bridgewater & 8 about even with him.
    Cheer up it looks like Louisville has another patsy next week South Florida who lost to McNesse State an I-AA team 53-21 &
    that's hard to do. Bridgewater should light up the scoreboard against them!

wacked
    wacked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 547

There have been numerous QBs who where great in college and did nothing in the NFL. It doesn't matter if he's the 1st QB drafted or the 5th.

He plays for a team in a no name conference with no competition. He didn't come through and make the big plays when they counted and he took a big sack when they couldn't have it, and this was a homecoming game and their last real competition of the year. So, it is what it is. Will he be good in the NFL? Who knows, it might be 5-6 years before we really know.

You can't say their defense isn't any good TPowell, as even the announcers said that is was the #1 Defense in the nation and your coach is a defensive coach, so that isn't an argument you can say.

The bottom line is, Louisville would be no different than any other small-time football program, such TCU that once moved to a large conference has shown they can't compete game in and game out.

Nobody's here to say UL isn't a good team, just not an elite team. They are overhyped, their defense was ranked at the top and while Teddy is a good QB, I'm not sold that he is a top QB for the NFL, but he might be the best coming out of the NCAA, but you have Johnny Football, Marcus Mariota, AJ McCarron, Taj Boyd, Braxton Miller and Brent Hundley, who are all right there.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Well, this thread really clarifies how big of an idiot Tpowell was

I knew it all along