mid10
    mid10's Avatar Become A Pro!

South Carolina -7

South Carolina coming to Knoxville TN this weekend to play a UT team that hasn't proved that they can be consistent on either side of the ball. SC coming off a big win in Arkansas where they dominated last weekend. UT will have major problems trying to contain Shaw and Davis. UT also has injuries that make them vulnerable over the middle. UT had a bye last week after an overtime loss to Georgia. Students at UT going on fall break. I predict a flat UT team getting owned on sat South Carolina -7 BOL

JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you really think students will leave for break prior to this game? Im just wondering, I know 10-15 years ago they absolutely wouldnt have, just didnt know if things have changed that much.

wufpakman21
    wufpakman21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3649

Can't imagine that playing at Tenn is that much more daunting than playing at Arkansas. My only fear is SC loves blowing big leads. May look at the half time spread on this one.

JabooFootball

Neyland stadium was at one time one of the toughest places to play in college, IDK if that still holds true after a decade of struggling

wufpakman21
    wufpakman21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3649

After reading this thread I went to the Tenn boards and there are lots of tickets available for this game. They're complaining about how entire student sections have been empty this season.

mid10

Local radio last night talking about how there were lots of seats available and Butch Jones on pleading to people to come out and support the team

mid10

Also lots of talk earlier in the week about how bad practices were after the few days off. Also heard interview with Worley. The team does not sound confident about the game. Sounds like they know they are out matched with south Carolina and gonna be even worse next wknd with bama.

tennesseety
    tennesseety's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1817

Tennessee fan here. This is honestly a tough call. Yes, we are down, but the Georgia game was like old times in terms of the crowd. However, it was the CBS game and no fall break. With this being the early game and Fall break to contend with, I do not anticipate such an electric atmosphere. However, Butch seems like the real deal and the players are starting to buy-in to his philosophy. If Worley plays like he did last week (no TOs) and we somehow manage to keep Shaw in the pocket (and contain the edges. . .a major weakness), we will keep this close with a small chance at an upset. I personally feel it's a no bet because there are too many unknown factors with us. On the other hand, I did like what another poster said, "UT has no chance of blowing S Car out, but S Car does and the line is only 7. Worth a small bet."

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Cocks dominate this series and will come in confident after that eye opening performance against razorbacks on the road. Vols surrender way to many point on defense. That is if you call giving up 38+ in last dozen lined games PLAYING DEFENSE?

Vols just don't have the weapons to keep pace the entire game. They will give them a battle, but I don't trust that D.

I feel more confident laying my money on Gamecock D, a hot O and the Ol Ball Coach.

I'm laying the 7 with Cocks.

They look real attractive on a couple 6.5 teasers laying -1/2.

gl with your pick.

Wallbanger
    Wallbanger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Be careful though ten I see always plays the cocks tough especially with this game at home for them could see this as a trap

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

You could have sent in Tennessee 2013 record before the season started. Tennessee is 3-3 overall. They will fall to 3-5 in the next two weeks. They could lose 7 games again this season. South Carolina smells a possible SEC East Championship and will not let Tennessee get in the way. I can not play Tennessee here.

tennesseety

[QUOTE=Pivotpoint;19941294]Cocks dominate this series and will come in confident after that eye opening performance against razorbacks on the road. Vols surrender way to many point on defense. That is if you call giving up 38+ in last dozen lined games PLAYING DEFENSE?

Surely, you don't mean the all-time series? UT is 22-7-2 against the cocks.

JM17
    JM17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

Quote Originally Posted by wufpakman21 View Post
    Can't imagine that playing at Tenn is that much more daunting than playing at Arkansas. My only fear is SC loves blowing big leads. May look at the half time spread on this one.
    Tennessee alum here. You are dead wrong. One of the toughest stadiums to play in. The crowd is rowdy as penetrate. All 103,000+ of them.

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

[QUOTE=tennesseety;19942558]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpoint View Post
    Cocks dominate this series and will come in confident after that eye opening performance against razorbacks on the road. Vols surrender way to many point on defense. That is if you call giving up 38+ in last dozen lined games PLAYING DEFENSE?

Surely, you don't mean the all-time series? UT is 22-7-2 against the cocks.
    Sorry if you are a fan, but Vols are a shell of what they used to be. That POS Kiffin killed that program. I can't go back 30 years, no value in my eyes. To clarify, Visitor is 14-2 ATS and more importantly, recent series Dominated by Cocks @ Neyland stadium = 6-2 ATS. Vols still looking for first win in conference. Cocks 3-1. Cocks nicely balanced with #24 O vs #81 D. Cocks #25 D vs Vols #89 O. My money says 7 isn't enough. Anything can happen, but I'll take the stronger D + O. Being on the road hasn't had any impact. Recent upsets in SEC has improved Cocks standings. The ol ball coach will have them ready. gl with your play

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JM17 View Post
    Tennessee alum here. You are dead wrong. One of the toughest stadiums to play in. The crowd is rowdy as penetrate. All 103,000+ of them.
    that stadium hasn't been that full in years. MAYBE for the Georgia game this year but other than that they have had a lot of trouble filling it over the last several years

tennesseety

Ok, we are on the same page. And I actually would be a strong lean to USCjr on this one. And, yes, I am a fan/alumn, but a realistic one. My only concern betting against us is I don't believe Butch will let these guys lay down like the Dools let happen. If we play like we did against Georgia, anything is possible. The safe bet? Absolutely S Car is the way to go.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by tennesseety View Post
    Ok, we are on the same page. And I actually would be a strong lean to USCjr on this one. And, yes, I am a fan/alumn, but a realistic one. My only concern betting against us is I don't believe Butch will let these guys lay down like the Dools let happen. If we play like we did against Georgia, anything is possible. The safe bet? Absolutely S Car is the way to go.
    always like seeing realistic fans. Arkansas has plenty of delusional ones, it's infuriating. Worst part is, the fans that are the most delusional are normally the ones that never attended the university

KyTn
    KyTn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2421

UT alum and I have 4 seats in X1. I can tell you it has been at capacity many times during this bad run. All time record is over 107,000 vs Florida back in 96, but it has hit over 100k regularly. SC won't draw the crowd, it's the ole ball coach everyone wants to beat.

dotheopposite
    dotheopposite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1339

I like my Gamecocks to cover. On occasion struggle heading into TN but they looked real good last week and that was after Spurrier made some changes on the defense. I will take -7. I see a ball control game in SC favor with heavy dose of Mike Davis and that mammoth offensive line. it

JM17
    JM17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

As someone who graduated from Tennessee last spring, I promise the crowd has exceeded 100 thousand many times during my 4 year career there. (During the kiffin/Dooley era which was subpar)

tennesseety

Quote Originally Posted by JM17 View Post
    As someone who graduated from Tennessee last spring, I promise the crowd has exceeded 100 thousand many times during my 4 year career there. (During the kiffin/Dooley era which was subpar)
    I hate your time on the hill was during those two jokers' tenure.

tennesseety

[QUOTE=Huckleberry Pig;19943834]always like seeing realistic fans. Arkansas has plenty of delusional ones, it's infuriating. Worst part is, the fans that are the most delusional are normally the ones that never attended the university

Well, I'm sure I have my delusional moments as well, but I try to remember this is a gambling thread.

tennesseety

Nearly 96,000 in attendance Saturday. Just fyi. For an early game, a team that was .500 and throw in Fall break, I feel like that's pretty good.

Huckleberry Pig

Nearly 96,000 in attendance Saturday. Just fyi. For an early game, a team that was .500 and throw in Fall break, I feel like that's pretty good.
    that's extremely impressive. got a huge W to go with it, weekends dont' get much better than that. Congrats on the W ty!

tennesseety

Thanks, huck. Lost some money on it and did NOT care!

Wallbanger
    Wallbanger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Told you fellas Tennessee plays SC tough but what a catch at the end of the game. Sec east a mess this year

JabooFootball

seemed like there were an awful lot of empty seats in the upper level. I guess thats only like 80-90% capacity for neyland though

Great win though, really encouraging to see that program headed back where it belongs!