King000
    Money Maker
    King000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 170

Fsu @ clemson +3

FSU @ Clemson +3. In this series the Home team has won the game SU since 2003. Except 2006 Clemson won @ FSU. Clemson is 2-0 @ Home when ESPN College Gameday comes to town. Also I like senior QB Tahj Boyd as being the best player on the field on this day. Clemson is battle tested beating LSU in the chick fila bowl, then beating UGA in the season opener. Clemson didn't look great last week vs. BC but did manage to keep BC to 94 yards rushing on the day which is a credit considering BC has the nations leading rusher coming into this game. Freshmen QB Winston hasn't seen a environment like what he'll see Saturday at CLEMSON's "DEATH VALLEY" considering the 8pm kickoff and presence of ESPN College Gameday on sight. Take Clemson +3 and meet me at the pay window!
    Last edited by King000; 10-15-13 at 02:38 AM.

King000
    Money Maker

Clemson 1-0 @ home ATS this season when 3 point home dogs. Clemson 8-2 ATS against FSU.

boosted1205
    boosted1205's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9690

You know what happens when someone posts an ATS that seems like it can't lose don't you?
    It loses.

J_On_A_Roll
    J_On_A_Roll's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1698

Clemson all the way. This should not even be discussed. Winston is a very good freshman q.b but Boyd and his recievers are A1 and battle tested. Last year bowl game and also the beginning of season going against aaron murray. +3 is love. They are getting points because the numbers point to florida state. This game is going to be won by whoever has the most heart, plain and simple.

King000
    Money Maker

Quote Originally Posted by boosted1205 View Post
    You know what happens when someone posts an ATS that seems like it can't lose don't you?
    It loses.
    I'm a newbie, so I wasn't aware!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Florida State has the #7 overall defense in the nation and the #2 rated pass defense in the nation. That is a little better than Georgia has.

King000
    Money Maker

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Florida State has the #7 overall defense in the nation and the #2 rated pass defense in the nation. That is a little better than Georgia has.
    Those rankings are inflated because FSU hasn't played a quality opponent this season

True but that ranking is against High School teams

YungCiroq
    YungCiroq's Avatar Become A Pro!

FSU -3 ... Clemson struggled against B.C. -_-

Winston is the next big thing and this is the game he shows the nation its real

King000
    Money Maker

Quote Originally Posted by YungCiroq View Post
    FSU -3 ... Clemson struggled against B.C. -_-

Winston is the next big thing and this is the game he shows the nation its real
    Clemson beat BC by 10points. FSU beat BC by 14 points. Big deal?

JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by King000 View Post
    Clemson 1-0 @ home ATS this season when 3 point home dogs. Clemson 8-2 ATS against FSU.
    clemsons played fsu 26 times.

JabooFootball

Clemson beat BC by 10points. FSU beat BC by 14 points. Big deal?

Clemson beat BC by 10 after trailing in the 4th quarter. FSU trailed in a single quarter and scored at will after that. Clemson played at death valley. FSU played at bc. There is NO lock in this game as far as point spread is concerned. I could see an argument on taking clemson pk +135. This could go either way, but paying -anything for this is penetrating asinine.

UntalentedMrRoto
    UntalentedMrRoto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Those rankings are inflated because FSU hasn't played a quality opponent this season

Stop gassing up that Georgia win. Georgia has a terrible ,terrible defense and that plays into the favor of a team like Clemson. They would beat most teams in a shootout. Noles D is not amazing, but they are capable of stopping Clemson on a few key drives and that will be the difference.

JabooFootball

Please remind me how many losses Maryland has BESIDES FSU...

youve got some serious confirmation bias going on. IDK if youre a clemson homer or an FSU hater but something tells me your pick is more based on emotion than logic.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by UntalentedMrRoto View Post
    Stop gassing up that Georgia win. Georgia has a terrible ,terrible defense ...
    Georgia's defense is above average. They've just played some excellent offensive teams.

King000
    Money Maker

Quote Originally Posted by JabooFootball View Post
    clemsons played fsu 26 times.
    8-2 out of the last 10.
    Last edited by King000; 10-15-13 at 11:18 PM. Reason: DUH?

King000
    Money Maker

youve got some serious confirmation bias going on. IDK if youre a clemson homer or an FSU hater but something tells me your pick is more based on emotion than logic.
    Clemson Alumni who has followed this series closely the last 10 years

King000
    Money Maker

Maryland beat Old dominion, UConn, West VA, FIU, & UVA. Sorry if those wins dont impress me much.

King000
    Money Maker

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    Georgia's defense is above average. They've just played some excellent offensive teams.
    I agree, UGA beat Gamecocks and Lsu after a loss to Clemson. Both quality wins.

King000
    Money Maker

Stop gassing up that Georgia win. Georgia has a terrible ,terrible defense and that plays into the favor of a team like Clemson. They would beat most teams in a shootout. Noles D is not amazing, but they are capable of stopping Clemson on a few key drives and that will be the difference.
    Name 2 quality wins that FSU has this season.... im waiting... let me name 2 quality wins that UGA has this season Gamecocks and LSU

King000
    Money Maker

Quote Originally Posted by J_On_A_Roll View Post
    Clemson all the way. This should not even be discussed. Winston is a very good freshman q.b but Boyd and his recievers are A1 and battle tested. Last year bowl game and also the beginning of season going against aaron murray. +3 is love. They are getting points because the numbers point to florida state. This game is going to be won by whoever has the most heart, plain and simple.
    I agree, as a Clemson Alumni and lifelong Tiger fan I don't see a way for FSU to win with a freshmen Qb @ Clemson even as good as Winston is, I feel Tahj Boyd will be the best player on the field in the contest, I think the line should be Clemson-3 but what do I know.

UntalentedMrRoto
    UntalentedMrRoto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Name 2 quality wins that FSU has this season.... im waiting... let me name 2 quality wins that UGA has this season Gamecocks and LSU
    I see your point about FSU's schedule. We don't have any quality wins. But the Georgia win was eons ago. Yeh they beat LSU and South Carolina. But they also almost lost to a pedestrian Tennessee team (blah blah at home) and got manhandled by Mizzou. I know they are banged up, but come on its UGA. Mizzou will fade this year watch. My point is I think you are giving too much credit to that win and failing to tell me why they will beat FSU. I think FSU will move the ball and score easily and defense will stop Boyd on some key drives. I am not some blind FSU fan, I know there is a very realistic shot of us getting beat. Saturday awaits us I guess.

Wallbanger
    Wallbanger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

As a Clemson Fan there's no telling how this game will go. I believe flordia state is a good team and there wins on paper look I'mpressive but tough to say how they will do in Death Valley. Clemson is a better defensive team this year with a great pass rush and without it clemson would already have a L in the loss column. This game will come down to containing Winston. Clemson struggles with dual threats and our secondary wont be able to hold up long enough if he's able to scramble. Hard not to take points though with this game at home for clemson the crowd is going to be rowdy!

King000
    Money Maker

I see your point about FSU's schedule. We don't have any quality wins. But the Georgia win was eons ago. Yeh they beat LSU and South Carolina. But they also almost lost to a pedestrian Tennessee team (blah blah at home) and got manhandled by Mizzou. I know they are banged up, but come on its UGA. Mizzou will fade this year watch. My point is I think you are giving too much credit to that win and failing to tell me why they will beat FSU. I think FSU will move the ball and score easily and defense will stop Boyd on some key drives. I am not some blind FSU fan, I know there is a very realistic shot of us getting beat. Saturday awaits us I guess.
    Clemson wins bc senior qb Tahj Boyd will be the best player on the field in this contest. Clemson defense will contain Winston and FSU fans will see why you don't bet on a freshmen qb in a game of this magnitude.

Wallbanger
    Wallbanger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Clemson going for the noise record first defensive play of game we will see how that goes!

Jakenv21
    Update your status
    Jakenv21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6714

coin flip game. pick heads or tails. My personal lean is Florida St. No way I am playing this

Charlie103
    Charlie103's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 634

Florida state wins

JabooFootball

Youve got a homer lean, big deal, not something worth making a thread over when 3 FSU/Clemson threads already exist. You didnt cap anything. You simply said FSU hasnt played anybody, Clemson is at home. Congrats bro. The sad thing is you have the same percentage change of being right as someone who actually uses their intellect.

The game will be decided by clemsons d-line vs fsu's o-line. clemsons d-line is playing phenomenally, but they will have to play the game of their lives against the best o-line theyve faced all season in order to limit the 2nd most pass efficient offense in the country. Florida State's defense is more athletic, bigger, and filled with more talented players (not to mention statistically better in every catregory but youve created a strawman that FSU's statistics are invalid) than either BC's or NC States and both of those teams caused Clemsons offense problems.

Im an fsu alum but I try no to allow homer leans to influence my capping. Im not saying take FSU. Im saying the only significant value is clemson moneyline- because this game more than likely will be decided by 7+ either way. Other than that I consider it a no pick, although by 8 o clock ill probably drunkenly push all the days winnings on the noles. But anyone calling this game a lock (in either direction) is a fool

Microbetter
    Microbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13606

This will come down to Clemson's pass defense. Winston can and will score any time he wants. I rate him higher than Bridgewater and even Boyd. The kid has a great knowledge of the game and will easily quiet his critics. However, there are too many ifs in this game, so I'm not betting on it. I will sit back and watch and enjoy.

JabooFootball

Clemson wins bc senior qb Tahj Boyd will be the best player on the field in this contest. Clemson defense will contain Winston and FSU fans will see why you don't bet on a freshmen qb in a game of this magnitude.
    FSU fans arent the people betting on FSU, its the public that knows FSU is 4-1 ATS. Yeah youre right- A freshman quarterback cannot lead a team into a hostile enviroment and beat a higher ranked opponent.

Did you start watching football this year? Johnny Manziel.

King000
    Money Maker

Youve got a homer lean, big deal, not something worth making a thread over when 3 FSU/Clemson threads already exist. You didnt cap anything. You simply said FSU hasnt played anybody, Clemson is at home. Congrats bro. The sad thing is you have the same percentage change of being right as someone who actually uses their intellect.

The game will be decided by clemsons d-line vs fsu's o-line. clemsons d-line is playing phenomenally, but they will have to play the game of their lives against the best o-line theyve faced all season in order to limit the 2nd most pass efficient offense in the country. Florida State's defense is more athletic, bigger, and filled with more talented players (not to mention statistically better in every catregory but youve created a strawman that FSU's statistics are invalid) than either BC's or NC States and both of those teams caused Clemsons offense problems.

Im an fsu alum but I try no to allow homer leans to influence my capping. Im not saying take FSU. Im saying the only significant value is clemson moneyline- because this game more than likely will be decided by 7+ either way. Other than that I consider it a no pick, although by 8 o clock ill probably drunkenly push all the days winnings on the noles. But anyone calling this game a lock (in either direction) is a fool
    I have a better win-loss record than you on this forum. Pipe down Pal

JabooFootball

I have a better win-loss record than you on this forum. Pipe down Pal
    Maybe I should start picking the guys with the pretty jerseys like you? I started posting here a week ago, and have been capping for years, my worst week of the season was last week and I was .500 on picks. I'm not gonna measure tools with someone who makes a thread for their homer lean.

King000
    Money Maker

Maybe I should start picking the guys with the pretty jerseys like you? I started posting here a week ago, and have been capping for years, my worst week of the season was last week and I was .500 on picks. I'm not gonna measure tools with someone who makes a thread for their homer lean.
    Lol still doesnt change the fact I pick winners more often than Jabo on this forum... men lie women lie numbers dont

JabooFootball

Youre so full of air i wouldnt be surprised if thats all you bet. what kind of fool posts an no breakdown homer lean without even disclaiming it as such.

Nice lock of the week chump.

King000
    Money Maker

Youre so full of air i wouldnt be surprised if thats all you bet. what kind of fool posts an no breakdown homer lean without even disclaiming it as such.

Nice lock of the week chump.
    Lol now back to your losing thread Troll.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    Georgia has the worst defense I've seen in the 30 years I've watched them. Statistically they have the worst defense in the history of the program. They are terrible. Now they're down their 2 top NFL caliber runningbacks and SEVEN scholarship Wrs. They were pulling guys off the scout team to play Missouri last week. Won't surprise me if Vanderbilt wins outright this week.

12 Last