TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Ole Miss catching way too many

Solid chance Ole Miss wins SU, but I just bought it to 7 (-115) and feel great about it. IF Ole Miss generates a rushing attack, they're almost guaranteed to cover IMO. A&M's defense is pathetic, I think Ole Miss can light them up on the ground. I would also advocate a play on the UNDER 78 because Ole Miss will milk the clock on the ground, but the main play is...

OLE MISS +7 (-115)

gameday10
    gameday10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Ole Miss fan here so might lay off this game and just enjoy being there. But to add to it, I believe Ole Miss is 8-0 when rushing for 150+ yards and 1-9 when less since Freeze has been there. I believe they get the 150 and hope the record lives on.

JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ole Miss allowed 290 yds on the ground to Manziel and company last year and appears weaker against the run this year (auburn and Alabama both nearly doubled their ypc this year vs last). I do not like ole miss but the 7 might help you at least push.

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

I'm with you on this game. Rebs + 6 1/2 for me. Would of like + 7 , but -124 was to steep a price for me. If Johnny Football get's hot we're toast, but home crowd should be rocking and Ole Miss has to move the ball on the ground, eat clock and keep Johnny a spectator. That A&M D should be just the receipe for a sputtering Reb O, that has weapons.

Have a gut feeling points are a shade rich for A&M D to be laying close to a TD on the road against a desperate team. Ole Miss held LSU to season lows last week (282). Collapse in 4th qtr concern. Wallace took to many big sacks in that game. He should fair better, Rebs have great coaching to boot.

Rebs will need to put up mid to high 30's @ least to cover, possibly win. My money is betting they can.

OL MISS + 6 1/2

gameday10
    gameday10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I would say there weakness has been the read option, but that has only been one game, auburn. The DE's crashed down, as the game plan per players, and it killed them. Alabama had 2 big runs that boosted the ypc, other than that the defense held them in check almost all game. The yeldon run right after halftime and the other when the game was out of hand. Only thing about ole miss is depth. Come 4th quarter the defense, if on the field all game, will tire. And with cj johnson possibly out and carlos thompson def out, that is 2 DE possibly out. Puts a hit into DE's and will have to bring a LB in to the DE roll it looks like.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7763

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpoint View Post
    I'm with you on this game. Rebs + 6 1/2 for me. Would of like + 7 , but -124 was to steep a price for me. If Johnny Football get's hot we're toast, but home crowd should be rocking and Ole Miss has to move the ball on the ground, eat clock and keep Johnny a spectator. That A&M D should be just the receipe for a sputtering Reb O, that has weapons.

Have a gut feeling points are a shade rich for A&M D to be laying close to a TD on the road against a desperate team. Ole Miss held LSU to season lows last week (282). Collapse in 4th qtr concern. Wallace took to many big sacks in that game. He should fair better, Rebs have great coaching to boot.

Rebs will need to put up mid to high 30's @ least to cover, possibly win. My money is betting they can.

OL MISS + 6 1/2
    thread has been ruined.

JabooFootball

It's good to know the difference in the Mississippi public colleges prior to gambling

texhooper

and just if we want to pile on, lsu put up 59 points regardless. and more than 282 yards, if that's what he's referring to.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    thread has been ruined.
    For christsakes, he made a simple error, as it is quite evident from the rest of his post that he was referring to the Rebs.
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 10-12-13 at 12:11 AM.

texhooper

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    For christsakes, he made a simple error, as it is quite evident from the rest of his post that he was referring to the Rebs.
    it's not a simple error. they played auburn. and they got throttled, mind you.

JabooFootball

Auburn ran on Ole Miss as efficiently as they ran on Arkansas state. That should worry anyone on ole miss this week.

Pivotpoint

Simple error on my part. I'm also on LSU this week and was fully aware that Rebs played Auburn last week. Had Tigers on my mind and didn't even notice I had subconsciously typed LSU.

Friday night, feeling nice, my bets are in and I've done my work.

Now, if throttled is an 8 point victory, well that's interesting.

Bottom line, OLE MISS had a whopping 340 yards in the air and allowed AUBURN 93. Is that a reverse throttle? Yes, they gave up 282, but outgained Tigers 464 to 375 On The Road.

As mentioned, the sacks (6) on Wallace were back breakers.

Is the wrecking crew D on the road in the same class as Tide + Tigers @ home?

Not sure what piling on and 59 points by LSU has to do with anything in this game?

Simple typo on Tigers, my #'s are rarely wrong.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

dontknowtohedge
    dontknowtohedge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Quote Originally Posted by JabooFootball View Post
    Ole Miss allowed 290 yds on the ground to Manziel and company last year and appears weaker against the run this year (auburn and Alabama both nearly doubled their ypc this year vs last). I do not like ole miss but the 7 might help you at least push.
    Basically. And he's being kind.

Pivotpoint

In hindsight, I need to thank you.

Was on Rebs pretty large. Was annoyed and a little buzzed when I first read negative comments on typo and deceided to make Ole Miss a more, shall we say, meaningful play. Was able to add to Rebs +7 , closer to kick.

There was no typo on my bet. Ole Miss + 6 1/2 and again Ole Miss + 7, 2X each.

Lost a couple teasers with Miss St -4 and a monster ML parlay with Stanford. Penetrating Trees!

Only straight bet loss was Ball St and a parlay with them and the over.

BYU 2X + LSU 3X + Ole Miss 4X = Monster Day.

Scratch 23
    Scratch 23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

I had a worse number than everybody. I had played the Rebels +5.5 under Games of the Year when the Manziel autograph news came out. Hoping he would be suspended. In the weeks leading up to the game, still under games of the yr, the line had moved with me to Ole MISS -1. I was salivating at beating the number(and by a whopping amount). Then the lines came out and it was 6.5, I was all like WTF. In someone elses thread i said how the Rebels were targeting this game. Great effort that should have been a win.

To add to this(made bet same time as above one), i have also played LSU -3 at home on november 23rd vs. johhny football. Line last week was LSU -3. Sorry, -6. Three point swing in my favor.

Edit: LSU now -6, not -3. or at least last week was.
    Last edited by Scratch 23; 10-14-13 at 11:35 AM. Reason: wrong number