JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

Red River Rivalry

One of the first games on a juicy day of CFB tomorrow is the Red River Rivalry/Red River Shootout, pairing Mack Brown's ailing longhorns against Stoops' arguably untested Sooners. Ive got the line at Oklahoma -13 and the total at 56.5. The last two years of this neutral site affair have been blowouts in favor of the sooners (and theyve won three in a row) , both of those games have gone over this years point total. Texas limps into this thing trying to salvage a season, a lot of people want you to believe the win one for the gipper narrative. If thats what you're buyin I understand, but that is not what I'm sellin. The matchup that I think most glaringly defines the narrative of this game is Oklahoma's ground Attack vs. Texas' Defense. 3 of Texas' 5 opponenet so far this year have posted their season best total rush yards against the longhorns (the other 2 teams have losing records). Those 3 teams averaged over 300 yds per game. Here's why this matters- The Sooners are averaging more yards per carry this year than they have in the last 5. On the other side of the ball you have Stoops' signature defense which is a perneial top 20 squad making experienced quarterback look like a member of the freshman squad. The most notable example of this was the sooners picking off ND's Tommy Rees 3 times and holding him to a sub 40% completion percentage. The sooners D has not allowed a 200 yd passing game and only 2 100+ yard rushing games this season. In their last game they made tcu team go 3 and out 60% of the time. If you cant tell by now I lean Sooners. I would say I also think that the total is a bit high given the defensive dominance of OU,

Oklahoma -13 vs Texas

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Yup.
    Okie Sooners roll.
    Good insight.
    Thanks.
    BOL.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I can't touch this one, have gut feeling UT shows up big. I think if they limit the big plays, there rushing attack will keep this one close

JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Ash were QB I'd be inclined to agree. I look at the autistic Mccoy as more closely related to Tommy Rees than his older brother and we all know how that turned out.