JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jaboo Football's NCAAF plays

Been hanging around here for a while, finally took the plunge and set up an account yesterday. So far this year I've been doing much better in college than pro (last year was oppisite). I also play NBA, MLB, and NHL (in order of what I play most to what I play least)

Thur 10/10/13
    Louisville vs Rutgers o55
    I think this will be one of the more exciting Thursday night games of the year. Both of these teams have offensive weapons, and the offensive strength seem to play to defensive weaknesses, a bit moreso than years past. A lot of people think this is an auto-shoot out situation but the previous two years matchups as well as both teams propensity to play a balanced offense are preventing me from betting the house on this. Never the less I think the total ends up between 60-70. I love watch TBW and the Cardinals play, but I just cant bet a team to cover nearly 3 TDs on a thur night against a conference rival

USC -6 vs Arizona
    At first I wanted to take the over in this contest as well, but then I started looking at the stats and quite frankly both of these teams kind of suck. We are going to witness a matchup of two of the most statistically undwhelming quarterbacks at major programs this season (in terms of air attack). On one hand youve got Cody Kessler who will be under the direction of a new play caller but is sporting 6 TDs and 4 INTs up to this point in the season. On the other side of the ball is BJ Denker who, although a proficient runner avg a ground TD and 70 yds a game, has to be one of the poorest throwing QBs ever featured in a rich rod offense. Why I lean USC- Although I consider Arizona a better all around team than Boston College, there are some similarities to the way both teams like to pound the ball between the tackles, and utilize the quarterback in the running game. Boston college has a pretty even distribution of run pass this year whereas Zona is running 2:1 run pass. This plays right in to USC's strongest suit. Boston College, led by Andre Williams, averages 188 yards on the ground per game. USC held them to 100, and under 4 yards per carry. Do not sleep on USC's front 7, they are elite. I do not think Rich Rod is going to be able to utilize Ka'deem Carry and BJ Denker the way he has in previous games this year against inferior competition.

nfl extra pick
    Giants @ Bears 1q o7.5
    The bears put up 17 in 1q against the steelers in week 3. I'm not saying thats going to happen but we've got two offenses with weapons against two banged up defenses, I also wouldnt be entirely surprised if eli got pick6d in 1q.

bol to all. Also have a small play on the Detroit Tigers and the Under (parlay)

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Solid read

With you on USC 1x

Good Luck

Welcome to the forum

JabooFootball

Thx Lkid. Covered the NFL 1q bet. Adding SdState -3.5 x1

JabooFootball

Adding Louisville Rutgers 2h o24.5 x1

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

JabooFootball

There's my sharp brotha!!!

well I'm gonna go ahead and chalk up both of the Ville overs as losses. 1-2 so far on the night (0-2 NCAA both on one game)

JabooFootball

Adding SD St 2half x1.5

JabooFootball

MLB parlay hit. Overall picks 3-2 tonight. Football picks 1-2. NCAA picks 0-2. Still have 3 picks at play (all NCAA)

JabooFootball

Adding USC/Zona over24 2h *1.5

JabooFootball

San Diego State -3.5 and 2h San Diego State -1.5 both cover.
    5-2 on night
    3-2 football related
    2-2 ncaaf related

2 picks to go. Let's finish strong USC!!!! + points.

bol y'all!

JabooFootball

USC -6 and USC/Zona 2nd half o24 both cover!
    7-2 on the night
    5-2 football related
    4-2 NCAAf related.

2 losses as a direct result of misscapping ville and Rutgers ability to score on each other. Well I've managed to dig myself out of ten hole I got into on Monday (Falcons to cover, Detroit tiger ML, Red Sox ML) and go up almost 1.5 units above even. This is exactly where I was last week before I made a tremendous Saturday run. Past performance isn't indicative of future results, though. I've already got an idea of my card for Saturday. I'll start posting picks and breakdowns tomorrow. BOL all!!!

JabooFootball

Sat 10/11/13 early picks
    Oklahoma -13 vs Texas x2 (bought the hook). I broke the game down in my Red River Rivalry thread
    Georgia Mizzou o63.5 x2
    arkansas ML x1 to win 1.85

sorry been busy today so idk if ill get any further breakdown of these picks. I will say I think fading UGA is dangerous, and the over is the safest bet, you have two of the top 25 offenses in the country going at it. I think arkansas has the best chance of outright upset, but this is mainly because of how unimpressed I am by USC lately.

jessetk313
    Update your status
    jessetk313's Avatar Become A Pro!

any insight on the Tex AM @ Ole Miss game?

JabooFootball

Here's what I wrote in another thread:

Do not give Bo Wallace too much credit though. I think the rebels will score, but they are by no means offensive powerhouses. They're the 70th total offense in the FBS and that's against the weaker SEC opponents. But Here's why it isn't as close as you think- Ole Miss's poor run defense. Manziel, Malena, and Carson haven't lost a game by less than 12 points when rushing for over 200 yards since last season dating back since playing ole miss last year. Here's the thing about ole miss though- their rushing defense last year was playing much better. Both bama and Auburn more than doubled their yards on the ground from last season to this season against the rebels and this isn't because they pounded a bunch more attempts- this is because they both doubled their average yards per carry! This does not bode well for the rebels - their better defense last year allowed 290 rushing yards and 7 yards per carry to Manziel and co last year

tex am -6

i think ole miss has the lowest probability of the competitive sec dawgs (Florida, Mizzou, Arkansas) of covering

JabooFootball

Getting merked out this AM. Can't win all of em. 0-2 still looking for the UGA/Mizzou over.

Afternoon pick
    clemson/boston college o62

JabooFootball

Added Baylor/K state o73

Square af I know... But I don't see this game going under 80.

1-2 on the day thx to a Mizzou/ga over.

JabooFootball

***boston college Clemson o63 not 62.

JabooFootball

Soooo saturday was nothing short of a penetrating disaster, I'll give a brief rundown of my picks that I neglected to post- I doubt anyone will question the authenticity of them since the majority lost. I took the baylor over which didnt hit and brought me to 1-3, I then took Northern Illinois without any sort of capping on a basis of "im drunk and i like jordan lynch and hes from chicago" which contrary to popular belief is not a good betting analysis. Also locked in N Texas, and for some reason at this point I did something I rarely do which is lock in a considerable amount of Parlays. These Parlays inlcuded OSU/WSU over, Tamu to cover, UNLV to cover, Hawaii and the points (in another), Alabama to cover, and a couple others. (There was a 2 team, a 4 team, and a 6 team)... Heres the problem- they all included TAMU to cover... The result? I lost 7.5 units on saturday, and 9 on the week, this is particularly disconcerting since i still was right around .500 for straight bets.

What I've learned
    IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT- The previous week I had a phenomenal week betting 80/20 spread/total. For some reason, I opened up this week thinking I was the total guru and as a result I got down early. I stand by my analysis of the red river rivalry, it just didnt turn out the way I anticipated, and thats the breaks sometime.
    DO NOT DIVERGE FROM YOUR NORMAL STYLE OF PLAY TO DIG OUT
    I was only down 6 units when I decided to make a bunch of stupid parlays that tied up 3 units that would have been better suited straight betting. My OSU/WSU over and N Texas straight bets hit but they were half unit wagers because of the stupid penetrating parlays. I never bet parlays. I was always told they were sucker bets, and on Saturday I was a sucker.

I took a hit Saturday and part of me told myself I wasnt gonna bet next week and simply would enjoy FSU/Clemson.. Then the lines came out and I remembered that win or lose, I love handicapping college football like kim kardashian loves black penises!!!!

JabooFootball

Picks now a few write ups later or tomorrow...

Miami -9.5 @ UNC x1 (havent bet a lick since monday night, I do not like laying this many points on the road on thur however I feel strongly about miami. Gonna try to write this up in time.)
    NW-12.5 vs Minnesotax2
    UW/ASU o65.5x2
    UF money line vs Mizzou 2.4 to win 1.5
    LSU -8.5 @ Ole Miss x1

Those are what im on to this point... Leaning USC moneyline vs. ND, and a couple others ill post if bet. Probably will throw something on FSU by gametime since I'll be glued to that game anyway. BoL to ALL!!!!!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by JabooFootball View Post
    Picks now a few write ups later or tomorrow...

Miami -9.5 @ UNC x1 (havent bet a lick since monday night, I do not like laying this many points on the road on thur however I feel strongly about miami. Gonna try to write this up in time.)
    NW-12.5 vs Minnesotax2
    UW/ASU o65.5x2

UF money line vs Mizzou 2.4 to win 1.5
    LSU -8.5 @ Ole Miss x1

Those are what im on to this point... Leaning USC moneyline vs. ND, and a couple others ill post if bet. Probably will throw something on FSU by gametime since I'll be glued to that game anyway. BoL to ALL!!!!!
    With you on those 2

Strong Lean towards Florida, no way I'm touching Miami Game, Slight lean towards LSU.

USC/ND should be a snooze fest

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

love florida this week, like LSU but wish that line would quit going up. Like USC in that game, will take a look at that under as well

JabooFootball

Thx for the input guys. Upped Miami to 1.5 units. Let's get this money!!!

cmoney11
    cmoney11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1269

Quote Originally Posted by JabooFootball View Post
    Thx for the input guys. Upped Miami to 1.5 units. Let's get this money!!!

JabooFootball

0-1 -1.5 unit on the week so far

Added 1 unit on USC -7 @ TENN
    Apparently my NW -12.5 bet never got reconfirmed on the site, blessing in disguise bc I got NW-12 vs MINN... once again thats 2 units on NW -12 vs MINN

Good luck to those on the bases and cardinals/knights game tonight, im sitting back and enjoying. Tomorrow is gonna be good.

JabooFootball

*** -1.65 units so far on the week

JabooFootball

Added Oregon/WSU o71 for a unit

small parlay Fresno -24.5/Oregon State-11/osu cal o71.5 .25 unit to win 1.5 unit

trying to dig out

GO NOLES (this ain't money this is blood!!!)

JabooFootball

2 units on 2nd half o30...

i might be be a bit drunk (already on my 2nd fifth of bourbon) but I think Clemson will at least close the gap and I know my boys are good for AT LEAST 2 TDs and a FG!!!

JabooFootball

Well last week ended up pretty lackluster in cfb 3-5 -4.15 units. NFL saved me the following day and brought me slightly posi. Week 9 I didn't pick it in here (mentioned it on the in game thread) but took action on second half ULL +.5 x1.5, this offset my .5 unit wager on the over.

here are the rest of my week 9 wagers (so far)

Miami -20.5 vs Wake x1 - Miami on 10 days rest with a chip on its shoulder after a somewhat lackluster performance against UNC (mainly due to injuries) vs a wake teams that averages 8ppg on the road.

Clemson -14 @ Maryland x3- Maryland is reeling with injuries to its two top WR and starting QB (I believe he's questionable). They could only muster 10 points of offense against a wake Forrest team that Clemson hung 50+ on a few weeks ago. THIS IS A GIFT AS A RESULT IN THE SHIFT IN PUBLIC PERCEPTION AFTER THE PRIMETIME BEATDOWN. Clemson is still a top 10 program, and Maryland in its current state, is a bottom tier ACC team.

Oregon -23 vs UCLA- speaking of chips on shoulders- the ducks are going to be on a mission to score as much as possible to make sure they still remain #2 in the eyes of the human voters. I just don't see a mismatch that UCLA can exploit.

More to come, this is what I've got so far though

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

GL this weekend

Due to injuries UCLA will be starting 3 true freshman on offensive line

JabooFootball

Thx Vegas... didnt put units up there for the oregon game its x2... probably will jump on the over- I cant see myself not playing FSU, ASU, or Oregon overs.

JabooFootball

Added GT -10 over UVA x1.5- I have this as being decided by 17+
    FSU vs NC state o58x2- FSU avg 46 ppg, homecoming weekend, Bowden celebration, revenge game. I think NC state will manage a few TDs, NC State just for their QB back. Think there's a lot better value in this than laying that many points

Fettirooski
    Fettirooski's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

like the picks man, Im hammering GT today.

JabooFootball

Yeah it's a strong play. Lot of dogs last week I'm feeling a square week this one.

JabooFootball

Vandy/TexAM o69.5 -107x1
    7 cent juice with Jfootball looking good to go and AMs defense absolutely sucking. Can't say no.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Bol, bro.

12 Last