No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Thoughts on these games?

Been getting buried in college football so far this season, so fade away if you don't want to provide insight:

Missouri +8.5 at Georgia
    Washington +13.5 vs. Oregon
    Penn State +3 vs. Michigan
    Utah +9 vs. Stanford
    Iowa State +15 at Texas Tech
    Arkansas +6 vs. South Carolina

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

hang in there, nocoin.
    we're getting some back on saturday, sir.
    best of luck.
    btw: I like PSU, UW, and ARK at first glance.
    hard to fade STAN or TTU.
    and I'm fairly confident UGA covers any single digit #.
    but I'm still working on the card...BOL.

Charlie103
    Charlie103's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 634

Missouri got this. And all the others games look like your just fading the public so you MIGHT hit 50 percent. gL

JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

Haven't looked at all these games yet. Most will be no plays. Ill comment on the ones I've looked at
    arkansas + 6 vs carolina- ill be playing this for sure. Arkansas presents the same set of problems to SC that UCF did and arkansas has more size on the O-line. Plus its in fayetville. I may make an arkansas moneyline play as well
    missouri +8.5 vs georgia- georgia is extremely banged up and i think mizzou has a chance at an outright victory, that being said i could see some of georgias second and third string players (4 and 5 star recruits themselves) stepping up and taking advantage of the starting oppurtunity. Won't play
    washington +13.5 vs Oregon - Washington is Oregons first real competition this year, and I don't think it will come easy for Oregon playing on the road. I'm not going to play this but I will be watching the game closely and might make a 2H play
    Penn State +3 vs Michigan- I do not like penn state at all in this game. When your biggest strength is the mental weakness of your opponents QB who still has managed victories (albeit in spite of himself) over equivalent competition then I just can't take such small points. I think Michigan is overrated, I think Gardner cant spell his own name, but I still think they win by 10+. Money on Michigan to cover
    Iowa State + 15 vs T Tech- I haven't looked into this game but will be taking a look at it tomorrow. My gut tells me Iowa State gave it all they got against Texas and is gonna have trouble pacing with Techs offense. 15 points isn't much against a team that can put up 20+ a quarter and play above avg defense. Will be looking into it and will either play tech, or not play
    Utah +9 vs Stanford- in a game like this if I think the dog can hang and the over is reasonable (54 here) then the over is an auto bet. I personally think Stanford probably covers 45-31 or something but the over hits. I think Stanford is very good, especially on the road. No sure if I'm going to play the spread though just yet, I'm liking the over.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie103 View Post
    Missouri got this. And all the others games look like your just fading the public so you MIGHT hit 50 percent. gL
    I am? Where are you seeing this?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by JabooFootball View Post
    Haven't looked at all these games yet. Most will be no plays. Ill comment on the ones I've looked at
    arkansas + 6 vs carolina- ill be playing this for sure. Arkansas presents the same set of problems to SC that UCF did and arkansas has more size on the O-line. Plus its in fayetville. I may make an arkansas moneyline play as well
    missouri +8.5 vs georgia- georgia is extremely banged up and i think mizzou has a chance at an outright victory, that being said i could see some of georgias second and third string players (4 and 5 star recruits themselves) stepping up and taking advantage of the starting oppurtunity. Won't play
    washington +13.5 vs Oregon - Washington is Oregons first real competition this year, and I don't think it will come easy for Oregon playing on the road. I'm not going to play this but I will be watching the game closely and might make a 2H play
    Penn State +3 vs Michigan- I do not like penn state at all in this game. When your biggest strength is the mental weakness of your opponents QB who still has managed victories (albeit in spite of himself) over equivalent competition then I just can't take such small points. I think Michigan is overrated, I think Gardner cant spell his own name, but I still think they win by 10+. Money on Michigan to cover
    Iowa State + 15 vs T Tech- I haven't looked into this game but will be taking a look at it tomorrow. My gut tells me Iowa State gave it all they got against Texas and is gonna have trouble pacing with Techs offense. 15 points isn't much against a team that can put up 20+ a quarter and play above avg defense. Will be looking into it and will either play tech, or not play
    Utah +9 vs Stanford- in a game like this if I think the dog can hang and the over is reasonable (54 here) then the over is an auto bet. I personally think Stanford probably covers 45-31 or something but the over hits. I think Stanford is very good, especially on the road. No sure if I'm going to play the spread though just yet, I'm liking the over.
    A couple of things in response....

Baker Mayfield is out for TT.

If Stanford/Utah ends up 45-31, I'll eat my shoe. Utah's offense is not good, but their D is underrated.

JabooFootball

No coin Utah is 25th in the nation in PPG from what I read, Stanford being 24th.

JabooFootball

Excluding the obvious inferior opponent Weber state, the avg total of a game in SLC this year is 71. Stanford is scoring more ppg than 2 of the 3 opponents Utah faced at home besides Weber state, and only 2ppg less than Oregon State (total in that game was 99)

JabooFootball

Correction to my stats- UCLA does have a higher scoring offense than Stanford. So Stanford will be the third best offense utah has faced at home. Avg total of three contests in SLC so far is still 71 a game. All games in SLC this year have gone over this games total.

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

Utah's offense is horrible. Receivers can't catch a cold.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    A couple of things in response....

Baker Mayfield is out for TT.

If Stanford/Utah ends up 45-31, I'll eat my shoe. Utah's offense is not good, but their D is underrated.
    Watch the Oregon St. game and you might change your mind, plus Wilson is a turnover machine

Charlie103
    Charlie103's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 634

Sports insights

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I agree with every side. However I have zero read on Texas Tech right now.

might prefer the under in Utah as opposed to the side but same train of thought.

also I'd have to buy the 14 just because it's Oregon

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Everyone on this board is on Penn State so I would pound Michigan.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Missouri +8.5 at Georgia...Missouri should cover if not win outright.
    Washington +13.5 vs. Oregon...Tough game, especially since you only got 13.5 instead of the 14 that many shops offer. Do or die for Udub. Oregon has owned them of late.
    Penn State +3 vs. Michigan...Penn State is gooing nowheres, thanks to NCAA probation. Michigan must win to have a shot at the Legends.
    Utah +9 vs. Stanford...Can't see Utah winning outright, but they have played well at home.
    Iowa State +15 at Texas Tech...T-Tech should cover easily.
    Arkansas +6 vs. South Carolina...One more loss for South Carolina and they are basically eliminated from the SEC East race. Arkansas has a trip to Alabama next week, and will be lucky to win three more games and qualify for a bowl game. I like South Carolina here.

madworld
    madworld's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by JabooFootball View Post
    No coin Utah is 25th in the nation in PPG from what I read, Stanford being 24th.
    This is an overstated ranking. They scored 30 on a decent Utah St. defense, 70 on a terrible fcs school, 48 on Oregon St who has a terrible defense, 20 against a good BYU defense, and 27 against UCLA who's defense is definitely suspect. Stanford will be the best defense they will have faced this year. I think if Utah is going to cover the 9 it will have to be a low scoring defensive type game.

Scratch 23
    Scratch 23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

Since Utah joined the Pac 12, they seem to be competitive with the lower rung teams while having trouble with the Pac 12 elite. Of course past results are no guarantee of future winnings, but i feel confident laying the 9 here.