klrqn
    klrqn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1499

UCLA vs CAL

So I'm a UCLA grad, and I've made some decent money on them before and even last week, though I could have ended up on the losing side. Usually I know my Pac12 pretty well, but I haven't seen Cal play at all - though I don't doubt UCLA could kill at home, is 24 points about right? Too much? Should I lay off?

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Cal alum here. Cal is young, inexperienced, and really banged up right now. Take a look at their injury report. Chris McCain was also kicked off the team last week.

If UCLA exploits Cal's secondary, it could be a long day for the Bears. Cal also has zero running game. I really think the only way Cal can keep it close is if Goff plays lights out, they don't turn the ball over, and they limit their penalties.

I'm going to be playing Cal + the points, just to make the game more interesting to watch. However, I could easily see UCLA running away with this one.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

good insight..... although i noticed a fair number of terrible underperforming teams perked up last week. FADEing cal is getting a little bit old.

cal has a great new coach and at some point his impact is going to be felt positively (i guess it may be the start of next season)

probably stick with FADING cal and UCLA is a good TAIL team right now. they can score in bunches.

Cougsky17
    Cougsky17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 284

Leaving this one alone. Cal is capable of moving the ball, best kicker in the conference. UCLA will get a good lead going into the 4th and take the foot off the gas. Could see this 45-27 with a backdoor TD to cover.

Terrapin Station

Quote Originally Posted by Cougsky17 View Post
    Leaving this one alone. Cal is capable of moving the ball, best kicker in the conference. UCLA will get a good lead going into the 4th and take the foot off the gas. Could see this 45-27 with a backdoor TD to cover.
    That's exactly the scenario that I'm thinking.

DoYouNotGetIT
    DoYouNotGetIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Cal, Hawaii, and New Mexico Lobos are going for the title of worst big schools in the country.

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22725

Quote Originally Posted by DoYouNotGetIT View Post
    Cal, Hawaii, and New Mexico Lobos are going for the title of worst big schools in the country.
    Agreed

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22725

This time of the year is style points. Blow them out or don't move up.

Terrapin Station

Quote Originally Posted by DoYouNotGetIT View Post
    I hear ya on Cal, down year for the team. Not exactly sure I'd call New Mexico or Hawaii big schools though...

klrqn
    klrqn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1499

I'm still not sure, sweatin' my 1u play on it...more for the sake of wanting them to win than being really confident they blow Cal out...I'll just let it ride.

andyrocha90
    andyrocha90's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Im a ucla fan, but I would take cal & the points, cal is bad but they managed to play a decent game against ohio state and ucla always tends to loosen up once they get big leads

Sarunas
    Sarunas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

ucla make the win. is all

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

over / under?? 73.5

Totolover1409
    Totolover1409's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2690

Cal undergrad alum and USC for grad school now. Seems like I'm a jinx for schools.