getthekook
    getthekook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

NW @ WISCY thoughts??

This is the classic example of looking too good to be true. The betting public just watched NW play a tough game VS ohio state & know that Ohio State also beat Wisconsin. At first glance i looked at this line & said to myself 10.5 is too many points but as we all know the better it looks is alot of cases the worse the result will be. Wisconsin will cover this 10.5 because of their advantage in the running game. Wisconsin curently ranks #1 in the nation per rush at 7.4 a clip while NW allows 4.2 yards per carry ranking #64 in the nation. I feel like wisconsin wins this game in blowout fashion and easily covers this spread..The public action will heavily be on NW in this game. The thing i will be looking for is if the line stays the same or goes up even with the NW action, meaning vegas is inviting as much action on NW. Both teams played Ohio State fairly tough BUT wisconsin did it going into the horseshoe..im not a huge fan of common oppenents but the eye test shows to me that WIS is the better team.. BOL & id appreciate feedback

funky
    funky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

I agree, this is the classic trap game for the public

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

I'm assuming you guys mean if the public is heavy on Northwestern, right?

getthekook

yes.

mutat8
    mutat8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 652

NW got off to a fast start, Vegas knows that betters will get caught up in a team that gets to a fast start but has their 1st loss to a good team. I like WIS

getthekook

exactly

rockmvp1209
    rockmvp1209's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3931

fukk wisconsin lol

getthekook

Quote Originally Posted by rockmvp1209 View Post
    fukk wisconsin lol
    thanks for the input..very useful

Jotoole0821
    Jotoole0821's Avatar Become A Pro!

its going to be a tight game going into the fourth..the question is does northwestern melt down again or will they hold on

bmansell33
    bmansell33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I have a hard time picking wisconsin after the asu game but im thinking wisky is the side as well. Curious to see which way it moves

Jotoole0821
    Jotoole0821's Avatar Become A Pro!

its going to move down. everyone is jumping on 10.5

getthekook

vegas will not put it down..bcuz they want the action on NW

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

Quote Originally Posted by getthekook View Post
    where do you come up with this stuff.....does it literally just pop into your head? and then you keep telling yourself this is the case. then it becomes true?

I will most likely be on northwestern

Jakenv21
    Update your status
    Jakenv21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6714

Quote Originally Posted by getthekook View Post
    Yep. I can see this happening as well

getthekook

Quote Originally Posted by Smutbucket View Post
    where do you come up with this stuff.....does it literally just pop into your head? and then you keep telling yourself this is the case. then it becomes true?

I will most likely be on northwestern
    very common with a trap game such as this. why would vegas try & move action off NW by moving it down?
    if you dont like my opinion or are gonna talk like an asshole & be rude stay off my thread..BOL with northwestern if you can't smell this one then your lost pal

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

NW + Points

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Buckeye fan here. We played a lot better against Wisc. then we did against NW. We had no answer for the Badgers WR. Combined with a strong RB we were at their mercy. We gave NW short fields turned the ball over at the end of long drives. Braxtons' head was swollen from his previous weeks performance. Luke Fickel will not be our D coor. next season. He can't make adjustments or call the correct Def. he is a BOZO!!! But, back to who's better, without a doubt Wiskey is a much better team. I predict Wiskey jumping out to a quick lead taking NW out of their game plan and the lead grows as the game progresses.
    Points Awarded:

getthekook gave ZINISTER 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

getthekook

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    NW + Points
    your money guy..BOL

getthekook

Quote Originally Posted by ZINISTER View Post
    Buckeye fan here. We played a lot better against Wisc. then we did against NW. We had no answer for the Badgers WR. Combined with a strong RB we were at their mercy. We gave NW short fields turned the ball over at the end of long drives. Braxtons' head was swollen from his previous weeks performance. Luke Fickel will not be our D coor. next season. He can't make adjustments or call the correct Def. he is a BOZO!!! But, back to who's better, without a doubt Wiskey is a much better team. I predict Wiskey jumping out to a quick lead taking NW out of their game plan and the lead grows as the game progresses.
    excellent input buddy..greatly appreciated

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

why wouldn't vegas steam/drop it to entice action since the majority of gamblers believe in the public %'s ? just create RLM and 75% of the gamblers will follow accordingly where they believe the "sharp" money or "square" money is.

well if I were vegas, I would want even money....just saying...no risk always profit.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Fickel Will keep his job LOL.......undefeated....FIRED!@
    Quote Originally Posted by ZINISTER View Post

getthekook

[QUOTE=Smutbucket;19853030]why wouldn't vegas steam/drop it to entice action since the majority of gamblers believe in the public %'s ? just create RLM and 75% of the gamblers will follow accordingly where they believe the "sharp" money or "square" money is.

well if I were vegas, I would want even money....just saying...no risk always profit.[/QUOTI
    i agree with you id do the same..but why try & make it 50/50 if they know theyll have a sure thing with themselves being sided with wisconsin..meaning if the line doesnt move then it is a sure thing

ZINISTER

Luke Fickel is done after this year. The way he is coaching makes me think he is undermining the current head coach for replacing him as head coach. This guy can't keep his job no matter if he was to start looking like he can coach football. He is not OSU quality coach PERIOD......I know the game. Might suck at betting-no I do suck no maybes. But I know the game, can spot talent.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

First of all, drop the pretense that you know what Vegas is going to do. You have no clue about Vegas, so do NOT try to tell someone who plays there every week what they are doing.

Next, do not believe these idiots with less than 500 posts in here and act like they know what they are talking about. They have no clue.

As far as the game goes, Wisconsin has absolutely NO CHANCE of winning the Leaders Division of the Big 10. If you think that they still have a chance (meaning that Ohio State has to lose TWO games), you are dumber than dumb. On the other hand, Northwestern still has a shot at the Big 10 Legends, as well as three other teams. Obviously Northwestern has a lot more to play for.

Now we look at the teams involved. Wisky lost to Ohio State AND Arizona State. Northwestern's only loss was to Ohio State. Wisky's passing atttack is terrible, ranked 88th in the nation. Wisky also is 3-9 ATS in their last 12 games against Northwestern. The line has not budged in Vegas, meaning that the money oin this game is pretty evenly spread out. No one except you wanna-be know-it-alls cares about how many people are on which side. the MONEY is the only thing that counts.

Nice try, but 10.5 points is suicidal to give to a 1 loss team.

ZINISTER

So if Bill Walsh had his first post today he doesn't know shit? Interesting!! Sounds like you know everything Mr.6million post. I'm going to beat my house on the Badgers you suck as bad as Fickel...

getthekook

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    First of all, drop the pretense that you know what Vegas is going to do. You have no clue about Vegas, so do NOT try to tell someone who plays there every week what they are doing.

Next, do not believe these idiots with less than 500 posts in here and act like they know what they are talking about. They have no clue.

As far as the game goes, Wisconsin has absolutely NO CHANCE of winning the Leaders Division of the Big 10. If you think that they still have a chance (meaning that Ohio State has to lose TWO games), you are dumber than dumb. On the other hand, Northwestern still has a shot at the Big 10 Legends, as well as three other teams. Obviously Northwestern has a lot more to play for.

Now we look at the teams involved. Wisky lost to Ohio State AND Arizona State. Northwestern's only loss was to Ohio State. Wisky's passing atttack is terrible, ranked 88th in the nation. Wisky also is 3-9 ATS in their last 12 games against Northwestern. The line has not budged in Vegas, meaning that the money oin this game is pretty evenly spread out. No one except you wanna-be know-it-alls cares about how many people are on which side. the MONEY is the only thing that counts.

Nice try, but 10.5 points is suicidal to give to a 1 loss team.
    AGAIN, i ask you WTF does how many posts have ANYTHING to do with knowledge of sports or gambling? You sound like a little kid in 3rd grade when you say it. Every time you but in on one of my posts you have been dead flat wrong, so im glad you did again this time. Anybody with 1/3 of a brain knows just by looking at this line the $ will be on NW, and if you dont quit betting sports because you are totally clueless. IDC about past ATS like you and your butt buddy night-tripper or whatever he's name is. Past means NOTHING. Purely by eye test you know wiscy is more physical & the better football team. So go ahead & take your 10.5 points & try and justify the $ being evenly spread(maybe the dumbest thing ive ever heard) & will see if your back here to answer at 8pm saturday night.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

I love how people are bashing UW for losing @ASU. ASU pummeled USC and lost @Stanford (as does everyone else) and got edged out by Notre Dame. I'm not saying they are a top-25 football team, but winning @ASU isn't exactly an easy task. ASU's only losses at home last year were to Oregon and UCLA....AND, for all intents and purposes, UW actually WON that game in week 2 this year, but for a total jobbing by an incompetent officiating crew....

My initial reaction was, "wow". Can't believe this line. I thought at most UW would be -6 or so. Say what you want about the OP, but I entirely agree. This has trap written all over it.
    Points Awarded:

getthekook gave infamousbacardi 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

getthekook

THANK YOU!!!!lol

funky
    funky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

There is also RLM on this game - 65% money is on NW, while the line has increased.

getthekook

Quote Originally Posted by funky View Post
    There is also RLM on this game - 65% money is on NW, while the line has increased.
    well then this is as good as gold..

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

wisconsin with 2 weeks off before this game. they will be ready to roll

i dont buy that nw will give more effort. wisconsin is mostly white dudes they never quit

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Its a possible reverse trap line but you guys are probably right with Wisconsin. Dont think I will be getting involved.

getthekook

ill take my chances on this one..bigdaddy fading it gives me all the hope in the world

Skinsbaby
    Skinsbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 199

Badgers!!!

getthekook

Lets get this $$$

12 Last