jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Rutgers at SMU

Rutgers is one of the most underrated teams in the entire United States at SMU who does not really have a good run defense I like Rutgers here not a large play but definitely a lien on Rutgers what are you guys think

kobstopa
    kobstopa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3520

Agree

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Rutgers is 1 of my 3 NCAAF plays for the weekend

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Actually hoping RU plays poorly so the Louisville line next week is way off.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

It looked good at first look, but why did it open so low? The books have to know by now that SMU is pretty horrible.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Rutgers missing alot of players due to injury

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i'm on rutgers. much better team.... not sure what's happened to SMU?

chino08
    chino08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11256

let me drop some knowledge boys and girls

lets look at the 2 teams rutgers has played (the other 2 are cupcakes, which means that 21 ppg allowed is misleading).
    Fresno State scored on them.....and Arkansas almost won on the road with the backup QB

Rutgers is banged up, leading rusher is out, and the d line will be hurting

SMU at +4 seems like a logical play to me......but neither one of these teams deserve my money.

EzekielMowatt
    EzekielMowatt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Rutgers is no play. 3 freshman dbs on field for this one, two true freshman. Arguably best olb also out. Backup rb is garbage, they might play the freshman instead.
    Sharps pounded smu +7,

Both Rutgers and Central Florida don't cover this week.

Epinephrine
    Epinephrine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I think the Scarlett Knights cover this one rather easily despite the slew of injuries they currently have. Momentum is on their side after their come from behind victory against Arkansas while SMU has been run over by everyone they have faced this year including FCS Montana St. Rutgers should be well rested and prepared after having last week off. They know exactly what Gilbert and his SMU offense are going to do and that’s pass, pass and pass some more. The Scarlett Knights are a defensive minded football team (hence their 15.88 points against average over their last 17 games) that is far better coached and more disciplined then SMU’s which won’t allow for this one to turn into a shootout. Even if that were the case, Gary Nova has proven that he is more than capable of moving the football down the field and putting up points. On top of that, I would expect weather to be a factor in this one as a cold front is moving on through around game time which is going to bring a chance of rain and shift the winds from the South to the North West at around 15-20 MPH. The field at Gerald Ford stadium runs exactly north to south so expect those crosswinds to play a noticeable factor in the passing game. I don’t see this boding well for pass happy SMU which will result in them switching to something they are not comfortable with nor good at, and that’s running the football. And while it’s true Paul James will be out for the Scarlett Knights, I don’t think it will play much of a factor against a team that gave up nearly 400 yards of offense to a FCS football team in Montana State on this very same field.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Thanks men

Only think that concerns me on the Rutgers end is the injuries

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by Epinephrine View Post
    I think the Scarlett Knights cover this one rather easily despite the slew of injuries they currently have. Momentum is on their side after their come from behind victory against Arkansas while SMU has been run over by everyone they have faced this year including FCS Montana St. Rutgers should be well rested and prepared after having last week off. They know exactly what Gilbert and his SMU offense are going to do and that’s pass, pass and pass some more. The Scarlett Knights are a defensive minded football team (hence their 15.88 points against average over their last 17 games) that is far better coached and more disciplined then SMU’s which won’t allow for this one to turn into a shootout. Even if that were the case, Gary Nova has proven that he is more than capable of moving the football down the field and putting up points. On top of that, I would expect weather to be a factor in this one as a cold front is moving on through around game time which is going to bring a chance of rain and shift the winds from the South to the North West at around 15-20 MPH. The field at Gerald Ford stadium runs exactly north to south so expect those crosswinds to play a noticeable factor in the passing game. I don’t see this boding well for pass happy SMU which will result in them switching to something they are not comfortable with nor good at, and that’s running the football. And while it’s true Paul James will be out for the Scarlett Knights, I don’t think it will play much of a factor against a team that gave up nearly 400 yards of offense to a FCS football team in Montana State on this very same field.

First post...can anyone verify the weather info? Interesting, but suspicious.

grease lightnin
    &

Actually, I verified it. It is true. NNW wind at 15-20 and rain. Stadium runs north south. Only question now is, would these conditions affect SMU the way Epinephrine says. I was looking at SMU.....

grease lightnin
    &

It looks like the wind will be more or less out of the north come gametime.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

SMU stormed back, but rutgers back up by 20.... thanks to OP for this thread. probably wouldn't have played rutgers otherwise. of course much of the thread was negative on rutgers