bobaphet
    bobaphet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Mia-4.5 vs Ga Tech in Miami

I really like Miami here, but don't understand the line, why so low? Trap?

getthekook
    getthekook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

canes roll by 14+ dont even think about GT..watched everyone of each of their games miami is BY FAR the better team

jkernea
    jkernea's Avatar Become A Pro!

GT's Defense has given up 10 points TOTAL in the 2nd half of all of their games COMBINED.....if the GT Defense can step it up in the 1st half of the game as well, they might not lose another game.

Wait until the end of the week and get as many points as you can......the play is GT + the points!

ham49ers
    ham49ers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

The FL D gave up 21 to Miami and they are much stronger then GT on D. GT only scored 28 on a mediocre NC team and only 10 against VT team at home...I'd take the first half number on this game though...Miami will try to roll early and then ride the breaks as they look to a Thursday game at NC. Miami big here! Real big!!

getthekook

Quote Originally Posted by jkernea View Post
    GT's Defense has given up 10 points TOTAL in the 2nd half of all of their games COMBINED.....if the GT Defense can step it up in the 1st half of the game as well, they might not lose another game.

Wait until the end of the week and get as many points as you can......the play is GT + the points!
    you must have never seen these teams play! GT played duke, elon, unc, &VT..not exactly offensive jaugernauts..IM telling you right now miami scores 30+ @ easily rolls..GT is not a good football team & miami is throw the ball all over the field..

getthekook

this is going to be an absolute bloodbath..dont get sucked in

getthekook

logan thomas was 19-25 221 vs this D..morris & miamis WR's are much much more potent.

ham49ers

Quote Originally Posted by getthekook View Post
    logan thomas was 19-25 221 vs this D..morris & miamis WR's are much much more potent.
    And Logan Thomas has been terrible this year!!! So that he went 19-25 shows that this D will get shredded...especially with Miami's run game having TD potential on every carry...Take Miami and give the points. Please this one to -10.5

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

canes roll by 14+ dont even think about GT..watched everyone of each of their games miami is BY FAR the better team
    If UM is by far the better team, then why is the spread so low? I thought the Canes would be at least seven, it just looks to easy to lay the points.

ham49ers

The line is low because most people will look up that this game went to OT last year, but GT is down on both sides of the ball and Miami is up on both sides and now has the discipline that they've been lacking. Miami speed and strength on D will rattle the triple option, wouldn't be surprised if they knock Lee out of the game.

Death Valley
    Death Valley's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was high on Georgia Tech earlier in the year,but know they look just lke an average team.The line is low which is strange,but then again that may just be the linemakers trying to make us over think this one.Miami should roll.

jkernea

You guys can roll with Miami minus the points........I'll wait until the end of the week and take GT plus the points. I keep up with GT football pretty religiously.....Paul Johnson praised the practice this week (I have NEVER, EVER heard of Paul Johnson praising a practice before). He also said that Justin Thomas will play some this week....Justin is the backup QB who was originally commited to Alabama. He will be put into the game to run the triple option and Vad Lee will be put in to run the other formations.

I expect this game to be close....real close. Don't be surprised if GT pulls the upset....but you're safer taking GT and the points.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

I work with the athletic department as well as am a student here at the U...they're taking this game pretty seriously here.

getthekook

You guys can roll with Miami minus the points........I'll wait until the end of the week and take GT plus the points. I keep up with GT football pretty religiously.....Paul Johnson praised the practice this week (I have NEVER, EVER heard of Paul Johnson praising a practice before). He also said that Justin Thomas will play some this week....Justin is the backup QB who was originally commited to Alabama. He will be put into the game to run the triple option and Vad Lee will be put in to run the other formations.

I expect this game to be close....real close. Don't be surprised if GT pulls the upset....but you're safer taking GT and the points.
    Miami is the better team on both sides of the ball. Miami is the home team. GT looked outclassed in the trenches vs VT vlad lee was running for he's life..miami's LB's are quick, sure tacklers, & smart..you can wait all u want..it wont mean a thing

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Everyone was wondering if Miami -18 against USF was a trap. And it proved not to be. Miami basically played one half of football and b*tch slapped USF up and down the field. The cheerleaders were in the game after halftime. I see great value in Mia -5 against GT. Miami wins by 14+.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Georgia Tech is undoubtedly the better team. Miami has dominated the Jackets the last four years, suggesting there may be match-up issues, but in Johnson's first year at Tech the Jackets covered easily against Miami. I expect Tech to win this one.

Mayonnaise
    Mayonnaise's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 412

GT can not get thier offense going, they are not running the ball well, not passing well, i dont thing they will be able to score any points.... GT defense is pretty decent, but can they match up against the U offense? i dont think so. ive watch almost every game of both theams this year, and for the life of me can not understand this low line.... but im pounding it

getthekook

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    Georgia Tech is undoubtedly the better team. Miami has dominated the Jackets the last four years, suggesting there may be match-up issues, but in Johnson's first year at Tech the Jackets covered easily against Miami. I expect Tech to win this one.
    another guy who apparently never watch either team. GT is no where near as good as miami
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Earlwolf

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am with you here... I think Tech will win the game outright... Va Tech figured Techs snap count out and took away the QB... Johnson admitted that he made a mistake in not calling counter options to expose the Hokies cheating safeties... you can bet that it was fixed this week in practice...

Also for all the Logan Thomas talk... he has always always played well against GT... not sure what it is...

Miami is the SQUAREST of plays here..

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayonnaise View Post
    GT can not get thier offense going, they are not running the ball well, not passing well, i dont thing they will be able to score any points.... GT defense is pretty decent, but can they match up against the U offense? i dont think so. ive watch almost every game of both theams this year, and for the life of me can not understand this low line.... but im pounding it
    Even after a terrible game last week Ga Tech averages 291 YPG on the ground (10th in the country) and averages 19.38 yards per completion (2nd in the nation)... So not really sure what you are going off of....

Va Tech is proving to be one of the best 5 defensive teams in the country (led be a defensive genius in Foster) so be careful how much you base your thoughts about Ga Tech on that game.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

pound Miami, GT showed their true colors against VT. A good defense stops them cold.

M.W.

another guy who apparently never watch either team. GT is no where near as good as miami
    I've been watching Georgia Tech since 1974. Miami had a somewhat lucky win against Florida, and you think it's 1989 all over again? Georgia Tech has been the better team so far this year. Not by much, but still the better team.

M.W.

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    pound Miami, GT showed their true colors against VT. A good defense stops them cold.
    And Miami's defense is TERRIBLE.

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlanta Steam View Post
    I am with you here... I think Tech will win the game outright... Va Tech figured Techs snap count out and took away the QB... Johnson admitted that he made a mistake in not calling counter options to expose the Hokies cheating safeties... you can bet that it was fixed this week in practice...

Also for all the Logan Thomas talk... he has always always played well against GT... not sure what it is...

Miami is the SQUAREST of plays here..
    One thing I've learned over many years of betting college football, is that sometimes it's good to be on the square side. This is one of those games. Miami owns GT and this year is no different. GT's D while certainly respectable, will not be able to keep up with Miami's athletes on offense. Miami's D is much improved this year and will slow down GT enough for Miami to win by double digits. Could I be wrong? Certainly. Anything can happen and that's why they play the game. But even the most skeptical and glass half-empty Miami fans I have talked to... guys that bash the team every year and nothing short of an undefeated or one loss season is acceptable think Miami will roll up GT.

jkernea

Quote Originally Posted by fecgp40 View Post
    One thing I've learned over many years of betting college football, is that sometimes it's good to be on the square side. This is one of those games. Miami owns GT and this year is no different. GT's D while certainly respectable, will not be able to keep up with Miami's athletes on offense. Miami's D is much improved this year and will slow down GT enough for Miami to win by double digits. Could I be wrong? Certainly. Anything can happen and that's why they play the game. But even the most skeptical and glass half-empty Miami fans I have talked to... guys that bash the team every year and nothing short of an undefeated or one loss season is acceptable think Miami will roll up GT.
    99% of GT fans felt this same way going into last week versus VT.....I wouldn't put much meaning into being over confident.

M.W.

If Miami owns GT, why did GT beat the shit out of Miami in 2008, with Paul Johnson running his offense?

Mr.G
    Mr.G's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow, peeps still sleeping on The U. zzzzzzz zzzzz zzzz zzz z. Miami covers this easy.

RavensFan2k3

If Miami owns GT, why did GT beat the shit out of Miami in 2008, with Paul Johnson running his offense?
    In 2008??? Are you kidding me? You think Miami's '08 team compares to this years? Was this a serious post?

M.W.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    In 2008??? Are you kidding me? You think Miami's '08 team compares to this years? Was this a serious post?
    ????????

If Miami owns Georgia Tech, that means EVERY YEAR.

WTF????????

Casting pearls before swine. The story of my life.
    Last edited by M.W.; 10-02-13 at 11:19 PM.

M.W.

And why would anyone think that 2013 Miami is significantly better than 2008 Miami?

RavensFan2k3

????????

If Miami owns Georgia Tech, that means EVERY YEAR.

WTF????????
    Miami doesnt own them every year...I feel like one person said that...which is an exaggeration. If you look back over the course of 5 plus years, GA Tech only won once, Id say Miami owns them

Ferndog68
    Ferndog68's Avatar Become A Pro!

ill tell u all who is the better team on saturday night

M.W.

Miami has covered 4 straight by an average of 17 points per game. That's really impressive, and it certainly provides a reason to think about taking Miami in this game. However, the idea is that this is due to Miami's linemen being too athletic for Tech to handle. If so, why didn't it work that way in 2008 when Tech was running this same offense? Four games is a small sample size, and you're cherry-picking if you look at the last four and not all five games since Johnson brought his offense to Tech.

RavensFan2k3

Miami has covered 4 straight by an average of 17 points per game. That's really impressive, and it certainly provides a reason to think about taking Miami in this game. However, the idea is that this is due to Miami's linemen being too athletic for Tech to handle. If so, why didn't it work that way in 2008 when Tech was running this same offense? Four games is a small sample size, and you're cherry-picking if you look at the last four and not all five games since Johnson brought his offense to Tech.
    Because Miami wasnt good in 2008

getthekook

And Miami's defense is TERRIBLE.
    hahaha ya top 10 in the national easily

12 Last