bambiankles
    bambiankles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

LSU

i hope everyone is rolling wtih LSU -9.5 against mississippi st. Mettenberger is real deal, and after that lost to Georgia hes comin out guns ablazing. thank me later . LSU will dominate

Charlie103
    Charlie103's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 634

I am a student at MSU.. LSU should cover but we always play LSU pretty good for some reason.. I just cannot see how LSU doesn't cover this spread but guys don't put a lot on it because that line seems too low.. GL.. And we are starting Russell.. Prescott did good in the last game against Troy.. If they started Prescott, I would take state +10 all day

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

You think MISSST has a chance at beating LSU?

Charlie103

When we played Lsu last year Russell did great.. And the game was @ Lsu.. We just couldn't stop the run .. Also keep in mind Perkins did not play in that game and he led the SEC in rushing yards in week 7 last year.. Very fast.. He is extremely healthy for this game .. Lsu defense is weaker.. Msstate defense is definitely weaker as well as we lost slay and banks to the nfl.. They were our. 2 key defensive players that kept mettenburger in check.. Russell has been out 2 games (concussion).. First big game at home, he should cover spread if our defense steps up.. Our defense is average against SEC opponents.. First half mississippi state =lock.. GL guys

wildcorndog
    wildcorndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

LSU is not the offense that played state last year. LSU defense isn't as good but when your trying to keep up it plays into their hands.

LSU 35
    State 17

Charlie103

You prolly right corn dog but first half msstate is the play.. If you are wagering on game you better hope the players can hear the play calling over 15,000 cowbells in the student section alone
    Last edited by Charlie103; 10-01-13 at 01:54 PM.

bambiankles

LSU is trusting mettenberger with the football more this year. i think he has 13 tds and 1 int so far this season. Mettenberger is the real deal, and after that heartbreaking lost to Georgia, LSU will win this game by more than 2 tds

Ari Gold
    Ari Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 286

Took the opening line of -9.5 just can't see this spread going down and should end up in the double digits

wildcorndog

I haven't missed a miss state game in years.

gs
    gs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4059

i like LSU at -9, and agree with bambiankles

dymd3z
    SEC CHAMPS!
    dymd3z's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 858

Anything is liable to happen in the SEC, take Auburn for example last year against LSU. Worst year in Auburn History and they still played LSU to the last second of the game. Final Score #2 LSU 12 Auburn 10 ...

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

I'll read the results after this game is over. no bet for me.

jdk426
    jdk426's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 248

Im new here and living in Baton Rouge and lifetime Tiger fan i will have to say this is not one to sleep on. Id take LSU all day at -9.5. That is not the fan that is just the way i feel this game falls. LSU has a very dominating offense this year with Mettenberger/Landry/OBJ. We have been successful at the running game minus the UGA game. I look for Mississippi St to put up a decent stand in the first half. But no shape fashion or form will John Chavis accept anything less than stellar performances from the defensive stand point. UGA exposed alot of blown coverages due to younger guys on the defensive side of the ball. I dont look for that to happen against Miss St. . I know this is the SEC and anything can happen any saturday but i expect LSU to be clicking on all cylinders. They are not totally out of the NC chase at this point. Still have Florida, Ole Miss, Bama, A&M and Arkansas left in the line up. Id take this all the way up to -13.5. Call me crazy but this is the way i see this one falling. Besides we typically do better around the cowbells vs MS St than we do at Tiger Stadium.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7835

Quote Originally Posted by dymd3z View Post
    Anything is liable to happen in the SEC, take Auburn for example last year against LSU. Worst year in Auburn History and they still played LSU to the last second of the game. Final Score #2 LSU 12 Auburn 10 ...
    right because every other conference is totally predictable.

DvdBonan
    DvdBonan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Mississippi State doesnt have any offensive firepower to keep up... LSUs weakness this year is their defense.... can't see Bulldogs with more than 17 and can't see Tigers with under 30

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

I'd be careful with this game.

# down to 8 1/2

LSU in bad spot off Georgia and has Gators up next.

MSU off bye then Bowling Green on Tap ~

I've been impressed with improvement on MSU D. They will be very focused at home, rested and looking for revenge. They had LSU last year and Tigers had miracle comeback.

Very impressed with Mettenberger. He could get hot and MSU could be in trouble.

I'm still in shock how easily Bulldogs and Tigers O moved down the field so easily against each others D.

I'm thinking this might be a game that LSU wins by 6 or 7. I'm not sure if I'll play this yet because of Mettenberger factor.

Kind of like MSU at home. Liked them more + 9 1/2. That's a lot of points at home coming off rest.

gl with your pick

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpoint View Post
    I'd be careful with this game.

# down to 8 1/2

LSU in bad spot off Georgia and has Gators up next.

MSU off bye then Bowling Green on Tap ~

I've been impressed with improvement on MSU D. They will be very focused at home, rested and looking for revenge. They had LSU last year and Tigers had miracle comeback.

Very impressed with Mettenberger. He could get hot and MSU could be in trouble.

I'm still in shock how easily Bulldogs and Tigers O moved down the field so easily against each others D.

I'm thinking this might be a game that LSU wins by 6 or 7. I'm not sure if I'll play this yet because of Mettenberger factor.

Kind of like MSU at home. Liked them more + 9 1/2. That's a lot of points at home coming off rest.

gl with your pick
    What you're saying makes sense, you think MSU beats LSU straight up?

jdk426

Pivot explain that if mettenberger getshot msu could be Iin trouble? I am only assuming you think he was hot during the UGA game??? Hes been hot all year 13 td's 1 int speaks for itself. Not to mention if he just puts the ball near landry its a completion. I look for mettenberger to eat apart MSU defense personally. And expect to see a change in Chavis' s defense. LSU has always been good at recovering from a loss. They can still compete for sec championship at this point. The SEC is usually good at cannibalizing their own. I would take LSU all the way to -13.5 in this one. Have I lost before sure but im going BIG on this one. Hope im not here Saturday wishing I had took your advice

Pivotpoint

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    What you're saying makes sense, you think MSU beats LSU straight up?
    No, I wouldn't get greedy. If you like MSU take the points. The + 9 /+9 1/2 are solid #'s if they present themselves again. I'm still back and forth, worry about Mettenberger getting hot. MSU just doesn't have the weapons to come back. QB and Recievers somewhat average.

I think MSU D will surprise, but damn, that Bulldog D was getting shredded last week and Metts had better #'s than Murray.

Situation points to MSU,but ? Thus the hesitation on a strong play. I'm liking Northwestern a little better getting the TD in the home dog roll. They can score. I also like the Gators a lot in this time slot. Best D in the SEC in my eyes. They're nasty and swarm to the ball. gl

Pivotpoint

I know all about Mettenberger #'s. Like the kid and pushed on LSU +3 VS Dogs last week.

College ball is all about emotion and if Metts get hot, damn, quiets the home crowd. I've watched him play plenty, but he was on fire against Dogs.

I'm just saying this is a bad spot. Another hesitation is if Miles wants to air it out, be aggressive ? I would think he just wants the win and will play a bit conservative. Wouldn't be surprised if they work 20 % of practice time on Florida schemes.

LSU's back to the wall with one conference loss. Gators will be huge.

You never know with Miles. They don't call the guy 'Mad Hater" for nothing.

I could easily see this one of those back door cover games where LSU up 13 and MSU gets the late TD.

I'm interested in this game, but see better plays. It's early.

jdk426

Well put and im undecided on northwestern. I like the points but trying to get more info. I choose to stay away from Florida game with them losing driskel. Not to mention Arkansas has been my enemy this year. Took them over Rutgers = loss took a&m and gave the razorbacks the points = loss lol. Good choices none the less on those games youve picked.
    Id just take it to the bank that mettenberger will remain hot all year with cam cameron as offensive coordinator and the biggest selling point for mettenberger is he has alot of nfl stock to gain this year being a 5th year senior and having a mediocre season last year with that said cam cameron has taught met alot over the off season and keeps moving along he seems more impressive every game. Just food for the thought

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

LSU is gonna win. U think LSU is gonna lose to MSU with Florida, A & M, & Alabama left?

Ferndog68
    Ferndog68's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Took the opening line of -9.5 just can't see this spread going down and should end up in the double digits
    agree

wildcorndog

LSU defense is looking to redeem itself after last weeks embarrassment.

bambiankles

If your riding LSU boys lets hope Mettenberger stays hot. I can't see MSU keeping up with LSU offense, and thats what pretty much made my decision on this game. I took LSU at -9.5

TexasJayhawk
    TexasJayhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

New here as well. Being from TX and having had numerous buddies attend various SEC powerhouses, I don't think people (namely commentators from the East & West coasts) can truly understand what the consequences of a Miss State loss would bring.
    This is SEC WEST football...LSU can still control their own destiny..MSU doesn't have a chance.

Besides, LSU has won 20 of last 21 matchups between the two...and Les Miles' LSU is 20-1 after a loss....

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

^ Everyone knows what's at stake. A 2nd loss would end their season in the 1st week of October.

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pivot I like your take. Just think LSU is pissed off here and Miss St. is not very good. They lost some studs from their D a year ago. Do agree with you on the weeks rest and LSU possibly looking ahead. Still like LSU here though by 10+. Just too low IMO.

Pivotpoint

Huckleberry, Gl. Hard to argue against. I always have #'s and I had this game at 6. LSU was 9 1/2 and it got knocked down at my book to 8 1/2. Then as expected, LSU $'s came in and it went back to 9 1/2. Books know most guys are going to pound LSU after watching that game last weekend. I think they put an xtra FG on the number. Maybe even FG + hook?

MSU D is ranked #23 and I think they will be fresh and ready for this game. LSU and Georgia layed it all out last weekend and that was a hell of a game. I keep thinking they will be a little flat going on the road again.

I know some think teasers are sucker bets, but.

I pick 3-4 straight bets in college and again in pros. I always do a handful of teaser cards at either 6 or 6 1/2 depending on key numbers on games I'm playing. It's been working for me.

Don't laugh, but I really like LSU - 2 1/2 and I also really like MSU +15 1/2

I see a lot of value on MSU + 9 1/2 @ home, off rest, playing a team that's literally coming out of a dogfight.

I still haven't pulled the trigger. It's either MSU and the points or no play. I might reduce it to teaser level. Basically 2nd tier games that I like, but not a lot of confidence in.

Gl guys with your pick.

wacked
    wacked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 547

LSU has won the last 13 against Miss St, and 20 out of the last 21.
    They last lost to State 13 years ago in 1999 and it was by 1 point.

LSU will win this game, and should easily cover, but the question is will they, with bigger games ahead?
    -9.5 LSU would be an easy lean.

The recent close games in this serious where a 30-26 LSU win @ Miss St in 2009 and 34-24 LSU win in Baton Rouge in 2008, but other than that, LSU has dominated, except in 2000, when it was a 45-38 game and then of course that loss in 1999 which was 16-17.
    Those close games in 2000 and the loss in 1999 was when Miss St was ranking in the AP at 13th and 12th.
    State was not ranked in 2008 or 2009 and LSU was also undefeated at 3-0 both times.

wacked
    wacked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 547

@PivotPoint, you can throw out MSU's #23 ranked defense.
    Take away the two wins against Alcorn St and Troy and they are 0-2 with losses of 21-3 to Okie St, where the game was played in Houston and a 24-20 loss @ Auburn.

Their defense is above average but not a top 25 defense by any means.

Pivotpoint

Quote Originally Posted by wacked View Post
    @PivotPoint, you can throw out MSU's #23 ranked defense.
    Take away the two wins against Alcorn St and Troy and they are 0-2 with losses of 21-3 to Okie St, where the game was played in Houston and a 24-20 loss @ Auburn.

Their defense is above average but not a top 25 defense by any means.
    #23 is Phil Steele's ranking # , not mine.

All #'s are disputable this time of year. Many top teams scheduled beat downs for timing, confidence, early.

You have to start somewhere.

One could argue LSU #'s inflated from cupcakes like Kent St and the mighty UAB.

I thought MSU looked improved against Auburn.

Hands down LSU is a better team. They will win. By 10 + points coming off a brutal battle, on the road again, against a rested team, I don't know.

I also keep coming back to the power ranking of 6. Believe you are paying extra 3 1/2 points.

What's your PR?

This is a strong play for guys that like LSU?

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

I agree with pretty much all of what Pivetpoint has been saying. Very bad SPOT for LSU in this situation. I just wish they were playing a team that was capable of putting up more points but still MSU + the points or nothing. LSU probably in the worst SPOT of the entire weekend.

JM17
    JM17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

i got a big play on lsu. Slimpickens, your silly if you think MSU covers.

DvdBonan
    DvdBonan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Honest question that i dont have the answer to off hand - when was the last time that lsu was greater than a td favorite and lost the game out right? i feel like its very rare as les miles always has that team ready to play... like em vs the dogs

12 Last