TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfreak91 View Post
    "Why would he even want blacks? If I were USC I'd make all the colored apes leave and go to UCLA or something and recruit strictly whites! USC would finally be a pure team and wouldn't be tainted by those people anymore. That was Kiffin's problem...he never lynched em' when they deserved it."

Exact quote from TTwarrior that he PM'ed me.

wisconsin at one point had 10/11 stout whiteguys on defense late in the game versus ohio state. was quite the site all these big white guys giving pure effort no slacking

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

If they can scrap this season and wait till next one....

Chris Peterson FTW.

Guy can coach his ass off, he got a ton of SoCal talent to play in friggin Boise of all places, and BSU won't be making another run anytime soon. Perfect situation.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    If they can scrap this season and wait till next one....

Chris Peterson FTW.

Guy can coach his ass off, he got a ton of SoCal talent to play in friggin Boise of all places, and BSU won't be making another run anytime soon. Perfect situation.
    This job will attract basically anyone. Kiffin was exactly what USC needed to have a guy move "laterally". Summlin might wanna leave if Manziel isn't in his future. Tebow almost took out Meyer.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    that's great but he coaches for denver.
    Excuse me. DEN. that's what I meant...thanks. fxxk.

lol
    my mistake.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sumlin isn't leaving A&M. A&M was the job he wanted. Turned down west coast and NFL offers before. He could use USC as leverage, but he just got a pay bump after last year. Even if he thought about it for a second, I would bank on A&M opening up the wallet to keep him if that is what is needed.

Not that you have to be a "West Coast" guy, but if you know anything about him - LA isn't his personality. He's in a perfect spot where he's at, A&M moving to the SEC insured he'd stay there for a while, IMO.

Ralphie Halves

I can't see a better guy than Petersen right now.

- It's a move up
    - He almost never gets outcoached
    - He has a pipeline in Compton for chrissakes

If he can keep Orgeron somehow, you'll have the best recruiter in the nation on top of an already great recruiter.

I'm not of the mindset that USC is a program you'd automatically leave to go to assuming you had it pretty good already. Sarkisian has it awesome at UW, with a ton of money and support behind him. A&M is the #1 program in the state of Texas right now, no reason to leave there either. USC isn't in the top 25 of anything money related.

There is no reason for your Sumlins and Sarkisians of the world to go there. "But it's USC!!" doesn't hold up anymore IMO.

Jack Del Rio has never been a college coach.

I don't think Jeff Fischer will come. As a Rams fan, I hope not at least. Tennessee thought they were getting Gruden a year ago, and they were nowhere near.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

I heard on sports radio this morning that John Fox was having dinner w/Del Rio in some restaurant and Fox started getting texts that Del Rio was seen in the LA airport...lol.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I can't see a better guy than Petersen right now.

- It's a move up
    - He almost never gets outcoached
    - He has a pipeline in Compton for chrissakes

If he can keep Orgeron somehow, you'll have the best recruiter in the nation on top of an already great recruiter.

I'm not of the mindset that USC is a program you'd automatically leave to go to assuming you had it pretty good already. Sarkisian has it awesome at UW, with a ton of money and support behind him. A&M is the #1 program in the state of Texas right now, no reason to leave there either. USC isn't in the top 25 of anything money related.

There is no reason for your Sumlins and Sarkisians of the world to go there. "But it's USC!!" doesn't hold up anymore IMO.

Jack Del Rio has never been a college coach.

I don't think Jeff Fischer will come. As a Rams fan, I hope not at least. Tennessee thought they were getting Gruden a year ago, and they were nowhere near.
    well said and I agree

but will he leave?

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i like peterson from boise... and i did always wonder where boise gets its players from. to think it's in the same state as university of idaho.... probably get players from texas too, but the point is the same. peterson can get elite guys to go to boise.

one thing i also think usc has to be careful of is that they can't go with a high risk guy (could be terrible or great). they have to make sure they at least consolidate where they've been at recently.

i too like the idea of a black coach at a school like USC.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    but will he leave?
    I would. He's done it. Nothing else to prove, and like I said, it's a good time to leave seeing how Boise doesn't look as strong in the coming years. This is normally the point where you'll see coaches bounce (Kelley, Meyer twice, Golden, Edsel, Marrone, etc), when they know next year(s) will be a drop-off in overall talent, or in a case like Pete Carroll's, when you know sanctions are coming up.

Like a stock, you gotta try and sell at the peak if you want the most money.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Pwetersens problem is that too many people remember Dan Hawkins and what happened to him at Colorado after he left Boise State. Where is the talent for Boise this season? They already have two losses.

mw00
    mw00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

lets not forget this is the same del rio that called the play that gave up 4th and forever last year against baltimore. if peyton manning is on your team, you'd look like a defensive genius because of wins.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Petersen is like Few @ Gonzaga in hoops. Content being the big fish in the small pond and he's built a solid program. Might have a down year somewhat this year, but he continually has pretty damn good football teams overall. I think guys like Petersen prefer the low pressure of a place like Boise vs. being in the pressure cooker in LA.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

I would. He's done it. Nothing else to prove, and like I said, it's a good time to leave seeing how Boise doesn't look as strong in the coming years. This is normally the point where you'll see coaches bounce (Kelley, Meyer twice, Golden, Edsel, Marrone, etc), when they know next year(s) will be a drop-off in overall talent, or in a case like Pete Carroll's, when you know sanctions are coming up.

Like a stock, you gotta try and sell at the peak if you want the most money.
    i agree 100%..... like pro sports "why would we trade XXXX?.... he's one of the better players in league".. and then of course teams wait until it's completely obvious that the player isn't that.

have to sell into strength, stocks, services, players etc....

First 12