EzekielMowatt
    EzekielMowatt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Some Good Reasons to like SMU +7 vs Rutgers

i'm dumpster diving this weekend. real familiar with Rutgers squad - they will be in a dog fight this weekend. lotta reasons to back June Junes & Co.

not seeing +7, -110 right now, but will be there later in week. hopefully even better.

- Captain Obvious says Trap Game for RU with Louisville looming and off big Arkansas win.

- Rutgers has been poor off the bye past 5 or so years

- i see Rutgers trying to run the ball and not air it out. SMU hasn't faced any power run games, fully expect Flood to test them on the ground, which leads us to...

- Rutgers missing their highest impact player thus far this year, RB Paul James, for this game. backup and former starter Savon Huggins has looked horrible this season, so much so that original 3rd string true freshman received carries vs Arkansas after James went down, tells you where Huggins is at. run game won't be nearly as effective.

- key outside linebacker Merrell will miss this game with kidney issue

- CB Glashen just announced to miss this game for personal reasons. he didn't start last game but sees lot of playing time regularly. this will thrust a true freshman into a 4 man CB rotation that is already the youngest & weakest group on the team that already includes two true freshman and one redshirt freshman.

- RU secondary will get torched in this one. i know that Garret Gilbert is not Derek Carr, but he will exploit if he's not on his back. Gilbert is accurate, nothing like the trash Arkansas had throwing the ball last week.

- June Jones will have his guys ready for this. Rutgers is not at the level they have mostly seen so far. JJ probably on booster shit lists down there, but he can still coach.

this is a one score game, 7 pts is no brainer

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Rutgers missing their highest impact player thus far this year, RB Paul James, for this game. backup and former starter Savon Huggins has looked horrible this season.
    7.3 ypr versus 3.4 ypr is a huge difference. Thanks for the heads-up on the injury. I originally liked this game because of the lookahead and because, as someone who's lived near SMU for 22 years, I just "feel" like this is one the Ponies will win. But your info is helpful and appreciated, and I'm going to pull the trigger. Thanks.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

That's a pretty good bet.

I was looking at it as well.

slimmkm
    slimmkm's Avatar Become A Pro!

My book is already down to SMU +5

EzekielMowatt
    EzekielMowatt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Yeah i'm pissed. 4s now also. I put half my unit on +7 -115, was waiting for line to go other way for other half ,lol.

BIGSACK
    BIGSACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 317

Gilbert is very inconsistent and their defense is just horrible, can't tackle at all