Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by Bet10Heinekens View Post
    Books try to set a line to create action on both sides ....-7 plus the home field for Utah =-4, I had this line at -10 base on the stats, Bruins not a DD road chalk because this is the 1st conference road game for the Bruins. Line will be around -6.5, -7 around gametime IMO
    Be careful that's a NFL thing, College home field/court could be worth much more/less depending on the situation

Ari Gold
    Ari Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 286

Yup and 99% of SBR thought that Clemson -14 or -13.5 was a sure lock on the road against NC State on Thursday night as every angle favored Clemson that they capped...well how did that turn out???

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 747planes View Post
    Nebraska is overrated and crap too.
    I think this is a misleading statement..... Nebraska is an excellent offense, maybe a tier just below Oregon and Baylor.... They jumped out on UCLA in a hurry but Mora made great adjustments at half time... That is what I took away from this game... UCLA was well coached and talented... a very good combination for road games... I can assure you that playing in Lincoln is a lot more imposing than Rice Eccles (though also an underrated venue)

Nebraska is going to end up being a lot better than you think, they have a young but very talented defense that needs to learn discipline. Don't be shocked if Nebraska wins the Legends division of the Big Ten...

Utah has faced two dynamic offenses this season... Utah State and Oregon State... they gave up 487 and 491 yards respectively... UCLA is also very dynamic and Hundley is as talented as Keeton and Mannion.

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Yup and 99% of SBR thought that Clemson -14 or -13.5 was a sure lock on the road against NC State on Thursday night as every angle favored Clemson that they capped...well how did that turn out???
    In fairness... NC State converted 4 4th downs on the final backdoor cover drive... that can be labeled a fluke.
    Points Awarded:

buckeyesooner gave Hotlanta Steam 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Quote Originally Posted by Bet10Heinekens View Post
    Books try to set a line to create action on both sides ....-7 plus the home field for Utah =-4, I had this line at -10 base on the stats, Bruins not a DD road chalk because this is the 1st conference road game for the Bruins. Line will be around -6.5, -7 around gametime IMO
    yeah, public banging on a road favorite in a weeknight matchup?
    10/3

10:00 PM
    UCLA

UTAH
    +3
    +5.5

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

I couldn't look at myself in the mirror and play UCLA in the matchup...
    normally, I would stay away from the play. but I happen to think Utah has the chops to win the game,
    and send UCLA back to SoCal wondering what happened? we're the better team...more talented...explosive offense...what happened?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Take UCLA in the first half I think it's your best value

Ari Gold
    Ari Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 286

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Take UCLA in the first half I think it's your best value
    JJ why would you take UCLA first half when they started extremely slow against Nebraska and dominated second half???

And hotlanta keep thinking that is a fluke...there are no mistakes

Axis
    3minutedrill.com
    Axis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 918

Waiting for the line to move so I can take Utah, at hopefully closer to 6.5...

Line makes sense for the most part. UCLA has beaten...Nebraska at that's it. At least Utah has 3 solid games under their belt...basically you've had one game to judge UCLA, against an underwhelming Nebraska team who was overrated at the time.

I think it's clear to see UCLA is the more talented team, but still unproven.

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Axis View Post
    basically you've had one game to judge UCLA, against an underwhelming Nebraska team who was overrated at the time.

I think it's clear to see UCLA is the more talented team, but still unproven.
    If Nebraska is underwhelming... averaging 43 PPG... I would love to know what you think of Oregon... just pretty average? Heck what would you call Sparty?

UCLA shut Nebraska's offense out in the second half... I will be willing to bet that no team will do that the rest of the season.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

last time ucla was ranked this high, they were beaten by you guessed it, utah.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlanta Steam View Post
    In fairness... NC State converted 4 4th downs on the final backdoor cover drive... that can be labeled a fluke.
    Yeah, it was one of the longest drives in college football history too. Very weird.

wufpakman21
    wufpakman21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3649

In all fairness NC State also had a TD taken away in the 3rd quarter that replay showed was a TD. Had that play not been blown dead, NC State takes a one point lead and takes a huge momentum shift with the crowd really smelling an upset.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

today is Wednesday and the line is between 5 to 5.5 and going up. So if you can get -4 you should just jump on that!!

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by wufpakman21 View Post
    In all fairness NC State also had a TD taken away in the 3rd quarter that replay showed was a TD. Had that play not been blown dead, NC State takes a one point lead and takes a huge momentum shift with the crowd really smelling an upset.
    Yes, that is also very true. I should have pointed that out.

Axis
    3minutedrill.com
    Axis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 918

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlanta Steam View Post
    If Nebraska is underwhelming... averaging 43 PPG... I would love to know what you think of Oregon... just pretty average? Heck what would you call Sparty?

UCLA shut Nebraska's offense out in the second half... I will be willing to bet that no team will do that the rest of the season.
    Not sure what MSU has to do with the discussion, but ok...Yes, underwhelming. They should be putting up points against the teams they are playing. I didn't say they didn't have an offense...but the one tough team they played they put up 21 points. If you'd like to think every offense that puts up 50 against the likes of Southern Miss and Idaho, well then I guess there are a TON of great offenses.

Even the Sparty's put up 55 on a 1-AA team...and their offense BLOWS.

But if Nebraska continues to put up 44 a game against the B1G, I'll tell you I'm wrong....I don't think they will.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

ucla will be ready or they should be ready wasn't that long ago 2007 karl dorell I think they went up there and got destroyed I know because I was on them that game....just blind sided beat to shit 44-6 I think the score was. Mora is sharp he should be making those kids watch highlights of that game daily but this is a much different UCLA team they can actually score, have a good QB, a decent head coach and confidence.

teaserpleaser

I just rewatched some of Utah v byu ...Mack Brown and manny diaz are fukkin idiots if Utah can hold hill under 100 yards rushing even after he broke a 41 yarder and make him throw 18/48 (sorry but Taysum hill is shitty throwing QB he has a 40% completion rate 1 touchdown and 4 picks) god that's frustrating how fukkin clueless Texas coaching staff was in that game like they didn't even watch video of the virgina game. Load the box make Taysum beat you with his arm which he probably cant... Texas clue less I tell you clue less sorry just had to get that out.

jalein
    jalein's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2650

I'm on UCLA -4. Sharp money suggests UCLA at his point as well. If I take a 4 unit bath on this one then I will take much more heed to the road favorite on thurs night concept. I dont think any history really applies here. This is NOT the same UCLA team of times past. This UCLA is banging folk hard and loves to keep the heat on late in the game. Utah is at home but they havent looked nearly as strong or complete as recent Utes teams I have seen. It is what it is. BOL to all.

jalein
    jalein's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2650

double post.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by jalein View Post
    I'm on UCLA -4. Sharp money suggests UCLA at his point as well. If I take a 4 unit bath on this one then I will take much more heed to the road favorite on thurs night concept. I dont think any history really applies here. This is NOT the same UCLA team of times past. This UCLA is banging folk hard and loves to keep the heat on late in the game. Utah is at home but they havent looked nearly as strong or complete as recent Utes teams I have seen. It is what it is. BOL to all.
    Again, I don't know why UCLA didn't open at -6.5 minimum.

I think Utah's almost an auto play here.

Pin Fish
    Pin Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13609

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Again, I don't know why UCLA didn't open at -6.5 minimum.

I think Utah's almost an auto play here.
    Looking back at last meeting ....UCLA is the correct play and will cover by 10 points

PatStackz
    PatStackz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Its all about the playmakers. Chuckie keeton and Utah State amassed 487 yards against Utah's defense. Although im a big believer in the Aggies this year,there no UCLA. You cant convience me that Utah's defense can slow down UCLA's offense that's average almost 53 points a game. UCLA in a big way tonight fellas, were all resting easy at halftime.

cmatth1326
    cmatth1326's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7538

I live in Utah and the weather should be really iffy. Very cold night and maybe rain which I think should favor Utah.

bringdownthehous
    bringdownthehous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 29

Quote Originally Posted by cmatth1326 View Post
    I live in Utah and the weather should be really iffy. Very cold night and maybe rain which I think should favor Utah.
    Maybe the under?

andco1
    andco1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2715

Cold front moved in here. 46 degrees at kick with rain and possible snow. Place will be packed and extremely loud. Ucla won't pass like Mannion, he was dropping dimes that night and Utah still had a chance. I'm still not sold on UCLA. They beat an average Nebraska team how barely beat Wyoming. Nevada is bad and new mex st is terrible. Great spot for Utah here. I like them straight up

teaserpleaser

a life long so cal guy can tell you 46 degrees and soggy possible snow we don't handle that shit well...we walk around in T-shirts,board shorts, and flip flops... snow lol i'd bet half the ucla in-state kids have never even seen snow.... makes this shit a no play until closer to game time or maybe live in game. Unfair to ask these kids to play in something most have never played in at altitude in a hostile environment just my 2 cents soooo many easy pickings games in NHL,soccer,etc to go and force this if was 85 sunny pick would be UCLA all day if this game was in Pasadena it would be ucla -double digits.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

2007: ucla(#11) 6 - utah 44
    2011: ucla 6 - utah 31

not a good history in utah..... but i do think hundley will make the difference this time. ucla wins but does not cover the spread.

FilletMaster
    FilletMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

whoever scores first, i am taking the opposite, live.

andco1
    andco1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2715

It just started snowing lightly here at Rice-Eccles !

wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

no score first 6 min

The Prick
    Make America Great
    The Prick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3625

keep yer powder dry

better shit this weekend

if I hadda i'd take the points

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Awesome INT by the UCLA player just now!

SportsCenter Top 10 for sure.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

WTF?

Why is the old coaches son in the game and losing on purpose for?

Conflict of interest? They shit canned his pops.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

ucla needs to get a new center. fukker can't ever hike the ball. wow what a terrible mistake.

First 12345 ... Last