LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Mississippi +14 at Alabama

This line seems based more on perception than how these teams have looked this year. While Old Miss hasn't faced much, Bama could easily be 0-3 ATS as they needed two kick return TDs and a defensive TD to cover vs. Va Tech. Also take a look at this: Alabama currently ranks 56th in the country in total defense, 38th in rushing defense and a rather alarming 83rd in passing defense. Remember when this team led the nation in all four main defensive categories two years ago (those three plus points allowed)? This team is not that team and Ole Miss has the versatility on offense to give the Tide fits. And one more stat: the Tide rank only 86th in total offense.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's still Alabama vs a generally untested Ole miss team. Could be 24-0 at some point in this game.

aufordboy
    aufordboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

I'm not touching this game....

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Prefer the over. Only so much big boy sec fading I can handle on 1 card

dymd3z
    SEC CHAMPS!
    dymd3z's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 858

I think Bama Rolls just to make a Statement.. Then Auburn host these Rebels next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOL

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Who knows what the future holds for Ala...

IMO --- They still have the better talent across the lineup ( 30 'starters' ) Than 98% of the rest

Their 'problem' is they have not yet played as a cohesive unit, all on the same page. Will that ever happen ?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlose37 View Post
    It's still Alabama vs a generally untested Ole miss team. Could be 24-0 at some point in this game.
    But that exactly what I mean about perception. The CURRENT Alabama team is not like past teams that could open a 24-0 lead just because it wants to. No doubt Bama is still the better team but I am not convinced they are 11 points better on a neutral field than Mississippi right now.

rasheem
    rasheem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 170

I have miss+19.5(-197)

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7178

I agree there with LT there could be a close game here.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

The current bama team basically rolled a better a&m team in a&m after a slow start (outplayed them by 21 points for about 50 minutes)

Not sure why they're not the same team

Better passing game,similar run defense and we will see about the pass defense

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

It essentially took a meaningless TD at the end of the game for Texas A&M not to lose to Alabama by 14 in College Station; Even after taking a 14-0 lead. No way in hell would I feel comfortable only getting 14 points to take Ole Miss here in Tuscaloosa.

Bama's schedule is weak enough this year for them to realize they need to have some quality wins under their belt in the event they lose to LSU later in the season. This is their last big game for a while so you better believe they are going to be up for this game and will not save anything for Georgia State next week.

Their defense stats are obviously going to look bad because they have only played in 3 games this year, and one of those was a shootout against one of the only teams in the nation who could drop 42 points on them. (Johnny Football)

Bama -14 small, for some action.

EDIT: The line has shifted to -13.5. Even better.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Never bet against saban.....period

zooom
    zooom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

i got bama -4 in a teaser

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

zooomer sharp as a fukkin pricker bush

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Ole Miss started to show some promise last season. I think they can hang in this game. I'm on them as well.

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Bama down to -13 1/2.

Believe Johnny Football skewed those defensive and pass #'s. A&M real tough place to play at and that place was rocking with the Tide in the house.

I have Bama teased on a couple cards @ 7 1/2. The day is starting out strong and I'm tempted to place a straight bet on the Tide under 2 TD's at home.

Rebs just squezzed by Vandy, beat SE Missouri St and then beat a struggling longhorm squad. I'm still not sure what type of team the Rebs have. I guess we will find out. Tide #'s might be inflated? But, in Saban I trust.

See better plays, but damn, if this gets to -13, I think I'll bite. gl

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

MIssissipi seems like the right side here

CupWanted
    We're not worthy!
    CupWanted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

This is like Miss St vs Bama last year. Undefeated SEC team that's a historically SEC also ran that's "finally get all the pieces" shows up in Tuscaloosa and gets pounded. No one in the country can match Bama's depth and versatility. This is a statement game for the tide.