LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Taylor Martinez DOUBTFUL for Nebraska

Yeah they are playing South Dakota State, but a vanilla game plan could allow sneaky SDSU cover at +19.5

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

What's a vanilla game plan? My sources say Bo Pellini likes chocolate.

Ducks129
    Ducks129's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

SD state almost beat them 2 years ago in Lincoln, with the great Taylor Martinez. Watch out for the jacks!

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

Wasn't this already built into the spread?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    Wasn't this already built into the spread?
    He was questionable all week, just downgraded to doubtful short while ago.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Already locked in SDSU at +21

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Yes Taylor Martinez is doubtful. Nebraska will be starting freshman Tommy Armstrong and they have also promised to give senior Ron Kellogg some playing time. BET NEBRASKA this weekend! Tommy Armstrong is the real deal. I guarantee Nebraska fans are going to be calling for Armstrong to be the starter after this weekend. Martinez lost his "magic" his freshman year. He's been hurt since his sophomore season. He only has 101 yards rushing this SEASON! He's supposed to be rushing 100 yards a GAME in this offense! I thought Martinez would be healthy and ready for an amazing senior season but NOPE. Injured once again. Lots of drama at Nebraska this week. Blowout loss to UCLA after leading 21-3...... and then a tape was released where coach Pelini was recorded TWO YEARS AGO saying F**K THE FANS. Some people are calling for Pelini to be fired. That's not going to happen unless they have a complete collapse this season. South Dakota State is a good team and Nebraska only beat them 17-6 3-4 years ago. Take that plus the fact they are coming off an embarrassing loss and I fully expect the team to come out fired up and completely blow out SDSU. Armstrong is the real deal guys. Benching injured Martinez is a good thing. I expect a 42-10..... 49-10.... 51-13 type game. I don't expect a let down this week. Nebraska cant afford to come out flat. Both Senior Ron Kellogg and Tommy Armstrong will do better than Martinez could.
    Last edited by Husker36; 09-20-13 at 09:07 AM.

WinTheDay24
    WinTheDay24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 521

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    Yes Taylor Martinez is doubtful. Nebraska will be starting freshman Tommy Armstrong and they have also promised to give senior Ron Kellogg some playing time. BET NEBRASKA this weekend! Tommy Armstrong is the real deal. I guarantee Nebraska fans are going to be calling for Armstrong to be the starter after this weekend. Martinez lost his "magic" his freshman year. He's been hurt since his sophomore season. He only has 101 yards rushing this SEASON! He's supposed to be rushing 100 yards a GAME in this offense! I thought Martinez would be healthy and ready for an amazing senior season but NOPE. Injured once again. Lots of drama at Nebraska this week. Blowout loss to UCLA after leading 21-3...... and then a tape was released where coach Pelini was recorded TWO YEARS AGO saying F**K THE FANS. Some people are calling for Pelini to be fired. That's not going to happen unless they have a complete collapse this season. South Dakota State is a good team and Nebraska only beat them 17-6 3-4 years ago. Take that plus the fact they are coming off an embarrassing loss and I fully expect the team to come out fired up and completely blow out SDSU. Armstrong is the real deal guys. Benching injured Martinez is a good thing. I expect a 42-10..... 49-10.... 51-13 type game. I don't expect a let down this week. Nebraska cant afford to come out flat. Both Senior Ron Kellogg and Tommy Armstrong will do better than Martinez could.
    Not sure why your so confident betting on a QB whose never taken a collegiate snap.. With all the turmoil going on @ UNL this is no play for me.. Vegas obviously thinks Nebraska will struggle only being favored by 21 compared to how they set the lines vs Wyoming & Southern Miss. That Nebraska D is just too horrible for my liking & they could potentially struggle on offense. I think Nebby wins by 7-10 but I've learned to quit betting their games. There too inconsistent and you never know when there going to show up.. Either way BOL to whoever bets this matchup

Husker36

Quote Originally Posted by WinTheDay24 View Post
    Not sure why your so confident betting on a QB whose never taken a collegiate snap.. With all the turmoil going on @ UNL this is no play for me.. Vegas obviously thinks Nebraska will struggle only being favored by 21 compared to how they set the lines vs Wyoming & Southern Miss. That Nebraska D is just too horrible for my liking & they could potentially struggle on offense. I think Nebby wins by 7-10 but I've learned to quit betting their games. There too inconsistent and you never know when there going to show up.. Either way BOL to whoever bets this matchup
    Armstrong has taken a snap. He played in cleanup duty vs Southern Miss. He didn't attempt a pass. He ran the option quite well and the one carry he kept went for 9 yards. BECAUSE of the turmoil going on at Nebraska this is a much needed "feel good" game before their bye week. If they had a big game on the schedule next week I would bet the other way. But there is no way the coaching staff wants to here the critics for 2 straight weeks. A 28+pt victory wont make things right at Nebraska..... but a narrow win or loss and all hell will break loose. Tommy Armstrong has been on the team for a year now...... and he's playing at home.... He will impress the fans. I promise you that! Bet how you want to bet. I appreciate this website and posters for their insight on games. I just don't want people thinking Martinez being out will hurt Nebraska. Martinez has been hurt for 3 years. The fact Nebraska is FINALLY going with a new signal caller is a GOOD THING!

WinTheDay24
    Betpoints: 521

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    Armstrong has taken a snap. He played in cleanup duty vs Southern Miss. He didn't attempt a pass. He ran the option quite well and the one carry he kept went for 9 yards. BECAUSE of the turmoil going on at Nebraska this is a much needed "feel good" game before their bye week. If they had a big game on the schedule next week I would bet the other way. But there is no way the coaching staff wants to here the critics for 2 straight weeks. A 28+pt victory wont make things right at Nebraska..... but a narrow win or loss and all hell will break loose. Tommy Armstrong has been on the team for a year now...... and he's playing at home.... He will impress the fans. I promise you that! Bet how you want to bet. I appreciate this website and posters for their insight on games. I just don't want people thinking Martinez being out will hurt Nebraska. Martinez has been hurt for 3 years. The fact Nebraska is FINALLY going with a new signal caller is a GOOD THING!
    Can't agree with you here. Martinez although we all know is inconsistent at times is better than Armstrong, just my opinion. Armstrong may eventually end up being better but theres a reason why hes #2 on the depth chart.. Like you said hes never attempted a pass so defensively I expect SdSu to load the box and force them to beat em through the air. Its never a good thing to back a team with turmoil, ex: Texas. I forgot the exact % but non div I teams getting 21pts or fewer have covered the spread near 65% over the past 10 years. I could very well be wrong, which is why im not playing it, but gun to my head id take the pts. I have a buddy who I went to high school with, Jimmy Forsyth, went to Burke and plays for SDSu and hes telling me to take the points and the ml lol

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

These big schools loaded at QB

I would stay away

jackmyhoggoff
    jackmyhoggoff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Taylor Martiny is HORRIBLE QB. He plain SUCKS !!!

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24927

I'm glad Taylor Martinez is out.....gives us a sneak preview of the future at quarterback. Martinez is an athlete playing quarterback, which is different than an athletic quarterback. He plays in panic mode all the time. He always looks fidgety and unsure of himself, even in a clean pocket. He has all the presence of a cornered alley cat, jumpy and erratic. His freshman year might have been his best, when he caught defenses off guard with his long scampers for touchdowns. But now that defensive coordinators are wise to it, they just throw him different looks until he makes a mistake and turns the ball over, or eats a sack. The only reason he's the starter at this point is because of his edge in experience. I hope Tommy Armstrong plays lights out, and makes it hard for Martinez to get back on the field.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Martinez has some of the worst throwing mechanics this side of Tim Tebow

No loss

Husker36

I hope SOMEONE listened to me!

WinTheDay24