pretty much a lock

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Yes they can.

gambler705
    gambler705's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2364

Their biggest issue is that the pac 12 sucks. They better hope the arizonas and stanford have legit records or they wont jump a 1 loss sec team or an undefeated acc team... Long way to go though

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Clean as a whistle guey

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

question for us gamblers concerning oregon games is who hasn't been betting oregon + over on all there games this year?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    they will be in final game

pretty much a lock
    i agree. soft schedule and they are Men playing against boys.

i just hope that no SEC team gets to go.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    i agree. soft schedule and they are Men playing against boys.

i just hope that no SEC team gets to go.
    Keep dreaming, SEC Champion gets an automatic bid in BCS Championship Game.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Keep dreaming, SEC Champion gets an automatic bid in BCS Championship Game.
    i know.

Although Ohio State vs Oregon should be the game.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by gambler705 View Post
    Their biggest issue is that the pac 12 sucks. They better hope the arizonas and stanford have legit records or they wont jump a 1 loss sec team or an undefeated acc team... Long way to go though
    I am not a fan of the Pac-12 either, I thought coming into the year that it had two excellent teams in Oregon and Stanford and very little else. However, UCLA and Washington have surprised me so far, especially the UCLA defense. Let's see what the next month brings.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    i know.

Although Ohio State vs Oregon should be the game.
    Can't leave out an undefeated SEC team, which now can only be Alabama or LSU. However, if both those teams get a loss and Ducks and Buckeyes win out......

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Winner of FSU/Clemson could run the table too
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: greenhippo

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Winner of FSU/Clemson could run the table too
    Yeah but a one-loss SEC team will get in before an undefeated ACC, so undefeated ACC champ may be fifth or sixth in BCS Game pecking order. Big Ten sucks too but Ohio State has the advantage of being ranked higher to begin with.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Can't leave out an undefeated SEC team, which now can only be Alabama or LSU. However, if both those teams get a loss and Ducks and Buckeyes win out......
    i'm starting to hear people speculate that LSU may be the best team in the SEC

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Stanford. Furd is the better team.

WinTheDay24
    WinTheDay24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 521

I like our chances this year. The thing that sets this years Oregon squad apart from our other teams in recent years is Mariota. Don't get me wrong D. Thomas, D. Dixon, J. Masoli, etc were all great QB's, but no where near Mariota imo.. would be funny to see Oregon bring home the title their first season w/o Kelly

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Stanford. Furd is the better team.
    I would like Stanford a lot better if Oregon wasn't facing them with such major revenge in mind.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I would like Stanford a lot better if Oregon wasn't facing them with such major revenge in mind.
    There is that, in a big way.

My point here is simple, Oregon runs up scores in the early season - everyones eyes glaze over, and they're crowned.

Furd doesn't do that, and wont ever do that, so they become a relative unknown to everyone who can't be bothered by west coast sports. (Not a veiled shot at you, LT).

Furd is the better team week 1, they'll be the better team in whatever BCS game they get. Question for them is if they will be the better team on the field one day in early November. I say yes, but obviously that is just like my opinion, man.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Yeah but a one-loss SEC team will get in before an undefeated ACC, so undefeated ACC champ may be fifth or sixth in BCS Game pecking order. Big Ten sucks too but Ohio State has the advantage of being ranked higher to begin with.
    If that one loss team is Georgia, they aren't getting in over Clemson. FSU and Clemson always have a clunker tho, so that will probably be moot.

Big Ten sucks. They always have a good record to begin with because they beat up on the directional Michigan schools and teams that recruit in deserts. Ohio State is a really good team, but they'll hardly be able to prove it.

These things always seem to work themselves out though. It always looks like we'll end up with 7 undefeated teams and more often than not they fall one by one when the pressure catches up to them.

possum11
    possum11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 948

Not necessarily this year. Depends on how they stack up in out of conference games. ACC was very low in the computers last year because Miami won their division but got killed by K State and Notre Dame out of conference. This year Miami beat Florida (not saying they were the better team), Clemson beat UGA, and I will be shocked if Florida beats Florida State from what they have shown so far.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Stanford vs Bama

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Id Like To See How The Ducks Play Against Some Top 25 Teams First. They Haven't Played Nobody Yet. Nichols State Impressive Win.

Pickem2win
    Pickem2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4912

Stanford hasnt really impressed me this year...have they even covered the spread in one game? Have they blown out anyone? Really curious to see how they do against asu this upcoming weekend. Ill be a believer if its a blowout (but i dont think it will be)

Ducks129
    Ducks129's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Quote Originally Posted by WinTheDay24 View Post
    I like our chances this year. The thing that sets this years Oregon squad apart from our other teams in recent years is Mariota. Don't get me wrong D. Thomas, D. Dixon, J. Masoli, etc were all great QB's, but no where near Mariota imo.. would be funny to see Oregon bring home the title their first season w/o Kelly
    I agree bro but look at mariotta's completion percentage it is way down for some reason this year. Other thing to look at is we are super thin at LB which Stanford can and will exploit when we head down to palo alto

Ducks129
    Ducks129's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    Id Like To See How The Ducks Play Against Some Top 25 Teams First. They Haven't Played Nobody Yet. Nichols State Impressive Win.
    So you list there worst opponent, if you are somewhat objective the last two weeks we have destroyed Virginia and tennessee

BroncosBettor
    BroncosBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I initially thought this post was about whether or not Oregon is good enough to play for a National Title. And I believe they are. So much speed and so many playmakers on that team. Right now, I think they would give Alabama the best game. Not saying they would beat them but they have the best chance as of now. Too early to dethrone the Tide and Nick Saban.

gambler705
    gambler705's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2364

Oregon might very well give the sec their biggest challenge. They did against auburn 2 yrs ago. The question is will an undefeated oregon have that opportunity? I dont think its a given. Even 1 loss and all chances are virtually gone.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

12-0 and their in

WinTheDay24
    WinTheDay24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 521

Fsu & clemson are already in the top 10. ACC has some marquee wins over SEC already, Clemson over Uga, miami over Florida. Fsu still has UF, clemson still has usc. If either one goes undefeated I thibk they get in before a one loss sec squad, especially Bama. They play a week conf schedule this year. Plus Clemson/Fsu should both be undefeated going into their matchup which is another quality W for either squad
    Last edited by WinTheDay24; 09-18-13 at 01:59 PM.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

The Pac is plenty strong to justify Oregon with a spot if they run the table. Actually you could make the argument they are the 2nd strongest conference. Probably wouldn't get an argument from the Huskers.

I was a little impressed with the ease that Oregon destroyed an improved Tennessee team. If I had to pick now I'd take the winner of LSU/Alabama vs Oregon and make the LSU/Bama winner a 3 point fav.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by gambler705 View Post
    Are you totally out of your mind, or just drunk? If any Pac 12 team runs the table, the ACC or a one loss SEC team has zero chance of passing them. The Pac 12 went 3-1 against the Big 10 last weekend. Oregon is #2 in the nation.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by WinTheDay24 View Post
    Fsu & clemson are already in the top 10. ACC has some marquee wins over SEC already, Clemson over Uga, miami over Florida. Fsu still has UF, clemson still has usc. If either one goes undefeated I thibk they get in before a one loss sec squad, especially Bama. They play a week conf schedule this year. Plus Clemson/Fsu should both be undefeated going into their matchup which is another quality W for either squad
    Everything will shake out when the BCS Computers get involved, the SOS ratings of those ACC teams should only get lower as the year goes on (through no fault of their own). We'll see how it all shakes out. And when does the "Final Four" format start, this year or next year?

12 Last