Big Bang Clock
    TB12
    Big Bang Clock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1159

Thoughts on Clemson vs. NC State on Thursday night

I am assuming most will be all over Clemson -13.5. With recent time off they should be ready to play and put up big points. Any insight on this game? Anyone taking NC State?

doctordeuce
    doctordeuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

I took Clemson last night at -14 and think that the line will eventually rise past that number. NC State QB Pete Thomas is a transfer from Colorado St. He is more of a pro style QB compared to their more mobile starting QB who is out with a broken foot. Thomas has not been very good thus far, throwing for 0 TD and 3 Int on the season. The Wolfpack will not be able to hang punch for punch with the Tigers. I predict Clemson wins 38-17, as NC State will try to slow the game down rotating through their 3 tailbacks.

bfour
    bfour's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5877

Just saw it dropped to -13. Already on -14 can't believe it moved to 13.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

It's where it closes that matters , so well see. Think ill take the 13 now.

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

-13.5 now on 5dimes. Thinking of locking it in. NC State's best rusher/receiver are both true freshman, this will be an atmosphere they are not used to. Thomas not a great passer. Think Clemson is too much for NC State here.

mahncpa
    mahncpa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3000

Just got in at -13.5. NC State had to have a long field goal to beat Richmond at the buzzer in their last game. Their home crowd might be the only think that keeps this from being a 30 point game.

Big Bang Clock
    TB12
    Big Bang Clock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1159

Thanks for the input fellas. Think I'm going to roll with -13.5.

Believeland
    The Dude minds
    Believeland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 922

I put clemson in at 13.5 and 14 no reason they shouldnt roll nc state with like 10 freshman starting this game

wufpakman21
    wufpakman21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3649

State fan here and if I ever bet against my boys this would be a game where I'd do so. No way we keep this under 21 points. Just no way. Our secondary is crap and Clemson's receivers will have a field day. Yes there are some interesting facts on the table, like State's new coach Dave Doeren has never lost a home game and NC State has beaten a top 10 team at home the last two seasons. But I don't think any of that matters. Tigers big.

BlitzTheBooks
    BlitzTheBooks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1212

Clemson fan, and normally I don't TOUCH betting on my boys (other than the game against UGA this year). But my jaw dropped when I saw -14. I had -17 at a MIN, but closer to -20. Noticed a shift to (-105) and low and behold it dropped. And kept dropping. -13 is a gift.

I think they books are thinking and hoping people will lean NC State bc:

1)Our historical struggles on Thursday night games, on the road in particular. But last season was the same thought process and we DESTROYED Wake. With Chad Morris' offense, we no longer have that lethargic, cumbersome offense that struggles to put up points. Throw Tajh Boyd in leading the way, and an ever-improving defense and, well, you see where I'm going.

2)We just lost our #2 WR to an ACL tear. Yes, #2 statistically but NOT clear cut #2 talent wise. The kid replacing him (A.Humphries) has great hands and runs clean routes (think Wes Welker type). Watch out for a kid named Germone Hopper, redshirt fresh who can ball and will now get plenty of PT (had 2 TDs last game).

3)NC State knocked off #3 FSU last season at home in a night game. But this is NOT the same Pack team. Not even close.

4)It's a Thursday night conference game and usually you don't see blowouts. Can't remember the ATS stat (anyone?) but home teams do very well in this spot.

Tigers are in the thick of the national title and you'd be crazy to think they won't go all out.

Clemson -13 and 1H if I can grab -7 or lower.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Thanks for the candor, State fan. Clemson fan here, by the way. So, what do you think of your new QB? At least State had talent at the most important position on the field the last five years. I'd think State would have to take a step back with the new QB.

M.W.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTheBooks View Post
    2)We just lost our #2 WR to an ACL tear. Yes, #2 statistically but NOT clear cut #2 talent wise. The kid replacing him (A.Humphries) has great hands and runs clean routes (think Wes Welker type). Watch out for a kid named Germone Hopper, redshirt fresh who can ball and will now get plenty of PT (had 2 TDs last game).
    Problem is Humphries will not replace Peake directly. Humphries will take the place of Sammy Watkins, and Watkins will move from the 2 position and spend more time at the 9 and 5 spots in the offense. I still like Clemson in this game, however.

bama11braves
    bama11braves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 772

only thing im worried about is Clemson gonna pull there usual Clemson and shite the bed here. Its got trap game written all over it. But im just not buying it. If the Arkansas transfer qb was playing i think NC State could keep it close but this game is gonna be like 42-10 Clemson.

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

ML dropped from last time I saw it on 5dimes from -600 to -550. Public all over Clemson. I have a feeling NCST puts up at least 3 TDs.

J_smiff
    J_smiff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16095

This game remind me a lot of the Clemson/Wake game last year. It was a weeknight game, and Clemson was a 13-14 point favorite. They rolled 42-13 and it was 35-7 at the half. Clemson or pass IMO.

FreshCope
    FreshCope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by J_smiff View Post
    This game remind me a lot of the Clemson/Wake game last year. It was a weeknight game, and Clemson was a 13-14 point favorite. They rolled 42-13 and it was 35-7 at the half. Clemson or pass IMO.
    This is great analysis. I really think Boyd is going to bowl over the D.

dymd3z
    SEC CHAMPS!
    dymd3z's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 858

Clemson... They are wanting to make a statement within the ACC.. Lots of points here with Dabo!!

BlitzTheBooks
    BlitzTheBooks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1212

Quote Originally Posted by bama11braves View Post
    only thing im worried about is Clemson gonna pull there usual Clemson and shite the bed here. Its got trap game written all over it. But im just not buying it. If the Arkansas transfer qb was playing i think NC State could keep it close but this game is gonna be like 42-10 Clemson.
    The last few seasons pulling a "Clemson" has been pulling off the win. Thankfully under Boyd (and I'll credit Chad Morris mainly), we've shifted that trend and I PRAY it continues. Though you're right, if there were a spot for it to happen again it'd be a road Thursday night game. I just think it would take a higher quality team (no disrespect to the Pack but they're no where close to where they were the last few seasons).

Quote Originally Posted by J_smiff View Post
    11.5 to be exact. And you're exactly right (hence why it was my point #1). There are a few angles Vegas could be working here, but regardless - they're wrong. We win by 20+.

I'll be drooling if that 1H line is -7 or below.

M.W.

[
    The last few seasons pulling a "Clemson" has been pulling off the win. Thankfully under Boyd (and I'll credit Chad Morris mainly), we've shifted that trend and I PRAY it continues.
    That's true for last year only. In 2011, State beat us 37-13 late in the season. Although there were some explanations that most people didn't know about, that definitely constituted "pulling a Clemson". However, Clemson is a big bet for me this Thursday. It seems very much like last year's Thursday night game at Wake. Clemson was 6-0 ATS away from home last year.

AdamL2424
    The Dynasty Continues......
    AdamL2424's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 136

Kinda has the Lville @ Pitt feel to it.... Just seems too easy

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

You guys are under estimating NC State here. The whole reason they struggled against Richmond is they were looking ahead to this game....they have this one circled. I see NC State covering

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

NC St. is a team in transition. I think they had a bye week to prepare. The new head coach will turn this program around and make the Pack a top 25 team. He has been a successful Head coach at N Illinois and Def cor for the Badgers in 2010. He knows how to keep the high powered QB's somewhat in check and makes somebody else beat him. He doesn't have the horses to beat Clemson or make it much of a game. I have been burnt by Clemson too many times to lay 14pts. on the road in a Thur. night tilt. I honestly feel NC St. will keep it a lot lower scoring affair then we think. The coach knows he can't run with the Tigers, so he will try to slow the pace by the dink and dunk. Last year this was a joke of a game. New coach, new approach and a smarter approach to coaching do what your talent allows you to do. Like the UNDER

tyloxx420
    tyloxx420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 366

I am planning on doing a 3 team super teaser KC +13.5 / Clem -3.5 and was leaning Clem/NCst over 56.5.. should I add the o/u or should I just do a 2 team teaser KC+9 / Clem -7.5?

ZINISTER

Go with your first instincts. It is a teaser both of us can be right.

Zubi
    Zubi's Avatar Become A Pro!

sounds good

YungCiroq
    YungCiroq's Avatar Become A Pro!

Clemson -13.5

sportsguy4
    sportsguy4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 664

Clem -14 all day

M.W.

Quote Originally Posted by ZINISTER View Post
    NC St. is a team in transition. I think they had a bye week to prepare. The new head coach will turn this program around and make the Pack a top 25 team.
    If he turns State around, it will be because of recruiting. It's too early for that to make a difference in this game.

tyloxx420
    tyloxx420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 366

do you like this game over 55.5 or under 75.5??

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

under...nc state offense is gonna be garbage with pete thomas at the helm.....could easily get held under 14 pts IMO

steady hustlin
    steady hustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thought of the same thing as colts.

ZINISTER

I read they had a top 25 recruiting class. He is going to keep it low scoring by trying to move the chains and keep Boyd on the bench. I'm betting one unit on this its not a hot pick or nothing. Just what I like after handicapping the game. GL

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Bovada has NC State+14 @-105 and I'm all over it, Huge game for the home team and I think their in this the whole way and they will likely lose by single digits.

Pickem2win
    Pickem2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4912

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    Bovada has NC State+14 @-105 and I'm all over it, Huge game for the home team and I think their in this the whole way and they will likely lose by single digits.
    I would love to know your logic other than you think they will be in "the whole way".

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Good luck to all of you on Clemson. IF I were going to play the game, i'd have to be laying the points. But, I am not going to bet into the teeth of what is (at this time) one serious RLM motherfukker.

12 Last