ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

PAC-12 reprimands officials in Wisky Game.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Can Stave be reprimanded for his sheer stupidity?

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

ridiculous ending . how da fuk do you not give yourself enough time to kick the field goal ? fukkin idiot stave doesnt down himself and make it clear to the refs at ALL. i had em parlayed with utah anyway (that game went into OT and utah lost)

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

wisconsin deserved to lose after that sorry ass attempt to spike the ball by wiskys QB

if wisky think that hurt wait til "THE" Ohio State opens up a can on them in 2 weeks.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I've watched video, seen still shots, etc. of Stave's knee being "down" and I'm still not convinced.

Thought it was obvious Wisconsin got jobbed at first, but the more I see and think about it, the less convinced I become.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfman14 View Post
    ridiculous ending . how da fuk do you not give yourself enough time to kick the field goal ? fukkin idiot stave doesnt down himself and make it clear to the refs at ALL. i had em parlayed with utah anyway (that game went into OT and utah lost)
    It was absolutely clear to the refs what happened. Only thing it wasn't clear to was the shit for brained ASU players who are too goddamn stupid to understand simple football rules.

The refs are to blame for allowing such retardation.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    It was absolutely clear to the refs what happened. Only thing it wasn't clear to was the shit for brained ASU players who are too goddamn stupid to understand simple football rules.

The refs are to blame for allowing such retardation.
    How do you figure?

I've never seen a QB just sit the ball down and expect the play to be whistled dead before. You either clearly take a knee or clearly spike the ball. This dipshit didn't do either.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

did the refs blow the whistle when the qb placed the ball on the ground? cause i didnt hear it. so i dont blame the asu players for jumping on the ball cause it sure looked like a fumble.

regardless the idiot qb should have either fallen down or kept kneeling until the whistle. not kneel for .00001 sec (or not kneel) then leave the ball on the ground. guarantee he wont be doing that shit again.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Bizarre ending

Wisky QB should be suspended from team

What a blunder , whole year would of been different

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I agree jjgold what a blunder.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    How do you figure?

I've never seen a QB just sit the ball down and expect the play to be whistled dead before. You either clearly take a knee or clearly spike the ball. This dipshit didn't do either.
    Wilfully placing the ball on the ground, shows intent that you gave up on the play. It's simple rules. Not a single ref misunderstood.

Yet, the refs willfully let the clock keep ticking, while ASU players laid on the ball, effectively delaying the game. But that isn't the brass tax of this situation. It was the fact that the ref spotting the ball, stood infront of Wisky players, and held his hand up while telling them to hold on. That was the cardinal sin.

That is why it is on the refs.

Sure, kid could have done something differently. But, afterall - this is still amateur sports. It's the officials job, as in - it is their profession to make sure the game is officiated correctly, and their willful inability to do their job caused the end of the game.

Cougsky17
    Cougsky17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 284

The Pac 12 refs continue to be the joke of college football officiating. The outcome of the game was correct based on the actions on the field, but the handling by the refs is a far bigger indictment of their ineptitude than the possibility of them getting the call wrong.

When WSU played down in Auburn in week 1, it was aggravating watching Auburn's corners mug our receivers about 20 different times with no flags. But the refs were extremely consistent and allowed WSU's DB's to play physical as well. I wasn't happy with how loose the game was called but I respected it for being consistent.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Stave did nothing wrong, someone across the street showed a photo of him with his knee on the ground during the play. In college, the play is dead.

Complete botch by the refs

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod124 View Post
    Stave did nothing wrong, someone across the street showed a photo of him with his knee on the ground during the play. In college, the play is dead.

Complete botch by the refs
    Watch it in real time. It's a lot easier to make it look obvious in a still-frame format.

I've never seen a kid do what this dumbass did. It's quarterbacking 101 that you either take a knee for a hell of a lot longer than a millisecond or spike the ball. He didn't do either. Not even close.

ChalkyDog

Doesn't need to kneel all the way.

Simulating a kneel is all that is required.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

It is a player giving himself up, the kneel or whatever is irrelevant, especially a QB in college where its blatantly obvious what he is trying to accomplish. There were 12 seconds on the clock when the ref acknowledged the play was dead and the defender was on the ball, sometime before the clock hit 0, they should have either
    A. Let Wisky snap the ball
    B. Huddle up and figure out if it was a turnover
    C. Give the ball to ASU

Any of those would have been acceptable, as they all would have resulted in the same, correct call, Wisky being given time to snap the ball then attempt the kick.

You cannot just let the clock expire, completely unacceptable and that mistake SHOULD cost you your job.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

letting the clock run out was sneaky, and very cocky
    didn't even review it, that let's you know they were trying to pull a fast one
    thinking they can just ruin games now. 'no you cannot snap it, wait' the ref was saying

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bottomline is the ref should have signaled to stop the clock while the ASU player jumped on the ball......If there was any question that it was possibly a fumble, then review the fukkin play

What you DON'T do is stand there like a moron by not spotting the ball down and letting the clock expire

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Wisconsin was at zero fault for this, it's all on the refs here. I don't see how people are arguing otherwise, it's a clear screw job by the refs and they should be canned for literally costing a team the game.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Wisconsin was at zero fault for this, it's all on the refs here. I don't see how people are arguing otherwise, it's a clear screw job by the refs and they should be canned for literally costing a team the game.
    The Wisky QB knelt then dropped the ball down in an "odd" manner but there was literally nothing against the rules or wrong about what he actually did....I understand the ASU player diving on the ball from his point of view, but AT THAT POINT the refs need to take control as the clock is ticking ......They did not for whatever reason, and let the clock run out

Should cost them their jobs or atleast a lengthy suspension......

CupWanted
    We're not worthy!
    CupWanted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Had the Wisconsin ML in this game. that sucked.

GWOZOZO
    GWOZOZO's Avatar Become A Pro!

UIt all started with Stave. But still, the worse the refs should have done is take ref time out to make sense of it all and come to the right decision

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Predictable how? There was, and doesn't look like there will be any discipline handed down from the Pac-12 or NCAA. They just pointed out what everyone already knew. If that's what you meant by "predictable", I 100% agree.

Boxing/MMA judges, football and basketball referees, all completely immune to anything more than just public embarrassment. What a job! If you don't care about being embarrassed, you can eff up at your job all the time and nothing will ever happen to you.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

I fail to understand why Wisco isn't completely flipping out about this. I understand its a tough precedent to set, but Wisco deserves a shot at a 38 yard field goal or whatever it would have been to stay undefeated.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

If you watched the game... Refs made it a point to hurry up and place the ball for ASU and their fast pace no huddle offense

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Predictable how? There was, and doesn't look like there will be any discipline handed down from the Pac-12 or NCAA. They just pointed out what everyone already knew. If that's what you meant by "predictable", I 100% agree.

Boxing/MMA judges, football and basketball referees, all completely immune to anything more than just public embarrassment. What a job! If you don't care about being embarrassed, you can eff up at your job all the time and nothing will ever happen to you.
    You hit it on the head. It is 100% predictable that this shit conference that I back would pull a token response like this.

Said it within moments of it happening, that this exact article and statement would be coming.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

i was watching that couldn't believe what i was seeing felt sick thinking of you guys that were on badgers

stuff like this just ruins the integrity of the entire gambling profession

almost makes us look like we don't know what we are doing

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

replay currently on espnu.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Looks like CJ Jones (who I wasn't aware turned out to be a woman judge -- don't get me started) is actually stepping down after scoring the Mayweather/Canelo fight a draw. Not sure if it was just the embarrassment or if somebody actually stepped up and did something about it. She also had hand in the Pacquiao/Bradley debacle. Good to see there are consequences after all.

If you were fighting for millions of dollars and a title, and you looked over at the judges table and saw some lady who looked like she worked at the post office, wouldn't you be pissed off? This can't be the best you can trot out there, Nevada Gaming Commission. Proof that the system is broken. I don't care how much "training" she's had, you'll never convince me she knows what she's doing, and lo and behold, she proves to everyone that she doesn't, and careers get unnecessarily altered.

Let's Go Rangers
    A moderate voice in the polarized forum
    Let's Go Rangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    How do you figure?

He wanted to center the FG...so a spike would have been pointless.

He should have knelt longer though and flipped ball to the official.

that still would have left plenty of time to get everyone set up and spike the ball with 5 seconds or so