wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

PREDICTION: Bo Pelini will be fired after todays game

black shirts

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

losing to the bruins is nothing to be ashamed of.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    losing to the bruins is nothing to be ashamed of.
    Uh, when you're up 21-10 at half and lose 41-21, there is something to be ashamed of.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Standard loss for Nebraska. No big deal.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

felt like the defense completely gave up the 2nd half.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Uh, when you're up 21-10 at half and lose 41-21, there is something to be ashamed of.
    you act like he lost to appalachian st at home.

lol

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

They wont fire him but hot seat for sure

teaserpleaser

Nebraska football doesn't matter this much in this day and age to fire him if this was the 90s maybe

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i may be wrong on this comment, but it has been strange to me how some guys are lauded and other guys villified for similar results at the same school... or has nebraska brought its expectations down? can't field anywhere near competitive team in-state and then tons and tons of teams recruit texas well now (okla and oks have to hurt nebraska recruit alot)

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    i may be wrong on this comment, but it has been strange to me how some guys are lauded and other guys villified for similar results at the same school... or has nebraska brought its expectations down? can't field anywhere near competitive team in-state and then tons and tons of teams recruit texas well now (okla and oks have to hurt nebraska recruit alot)
    They aren't even close to what they were in the 90s when they were running the option every kid in Nebraska wanted to play for them...they fukked up when they wanted to modernize the offense they had a good thing going imo.. Martinez is basically eric crouch get back to running the damn option theres a reason he wont be playing QB in the NFL also the same reason ucla and usc and others told him no way no how we recruit you as a QB.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    Standard loss for Nebraska. No big deal.
    That's the problem.....and that's why Pelini should be canned. Losing big games in landslide fashion has become routine under this clown. He's stuck in neutral. It's time for a change.

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    That's the problem.....and that's why Pelini should be canned. Losing big games in landslide fashion has become routine under this clown. He's stuck in neutral. It's time for a change.

teaserpleaser

he wont even get what comes first before the firing....the dreaded "vote of confidence" there wont be anything said because Nebraska football has slipped that far nobody really cares I didn't hear any boo birds in that game.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

good info/theory on nebraska moving to pass game. reverse moneyball

i was think pellini has had it pretty easy vs. solich/callaghan, not the opposite as people may have thought

jackmyhoggoff
    jackmyhoggoff's Avatar Become A Pro!

The whole fvking staff is pathetic !! Bo must go !!bo must go!! Bo must go !!

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

UCLA might win the pac-12 and play in the national championship game

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

lol
    They were up 21-3! You don't give up 38 straight to anyone at home...PERIOD. I'm only a B10 fan...not a Neb fan but I'm pretty surprised how mediocre they've been. Michigan should've lost to Akron (3 wins in 3 years) so B10 pretty shitty again obviously.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    They were up 21-3! You don't give up 38 straight to anyone at home...PERIOD. I'm only a B10 fan...not a Neb fan but I'm pretty surprised how mediocre they've been. Michigan should've lost to Akron (3 wins in 3 years) so B10 pretty shitty again obviously.
    they were up 21-3 only because of turnovers and missed fgs. once ucla cleaned those up, they did what they normally do, score a shit load of pts.

you'll see as the season goes along that ucla is a top 10 team and nebraska probably isn't a top 25 team. so this loss was in no way shameful.

wagerjunkie

they were up 21-3 only because of turnovers and missed fgs. once ucla cleaned those up, they did what they normally do, score a shit load of pts.

you'll see as the season goes along that ucla is a top 10 team and nebraska probably isn't a top 25 team. so this loss was in no way shameful.
    crusty you obviously haven't been watching college football for very long.

you know how Bama is right now?

Nebraska was once that to college football and held to those high standards in the 90s.

you're not quite getting the concept of this.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    he wont even get what comes first before the firing....the dreaded "vote of confidence" there wont be anything said because Nebraska football has slipped that far nobody really cares I didn't hear any boo birds in that game.
    Pelini is past the "vote of confidence" stage of his downfall. He's inching ever close to being shown the door. Even Pelini knows it in the back of his mind. The old Pelini was brash and aloof at his pressers, but following this game he was cordial and answered all questions in a professional manner.....because he knows he doesn't have the cache anymore to be an ass. He doesn't have the answers and the same old lines have become trite. His best season (2009) was with Callahan's recruits (Dennard, Amukamara, Hagg, Gomes, Suh, Crick). With his own players, this so-called defensive guru has looked as helpless as his predecessor. The fans didn't boo because they are numb. Their expectations in big games have been whittled down to apathetic levels due to the team's persistent impotence in marquee matchups. Pelini is not going to be fired this week, but he probably should be. There is no more air of optimism around this guy.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Quote Originally Posted by wagerjunkie View Post

Nebraska was once that to college football and held to those high standards in the 90s.

No shit!! We're not saying UCLA isn't a good team its just Neb has tradition and its the only thing in town (or the state) so people want better. UCLA is known for a diff sport or maybe going 8-3 when Aikman played there.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by wagerjunkie View Post

first of all, i've been following college football longer than you've been posting fake bets on the internet.

secondly, what does nebraska's past success (over 15 years ago) have to do with anything? nd, miami, fsu, colorado, florida, usc and even washington won championships around that time. so does that mean all their coaches should be canned if they don't win a championship too? of course not. times change, so do programs.

but no matter who is coaching, they are only as good as the players they recruit & sign. and nebraska has been no higher than #17 in recruiting for the past 6 seasons. guess which team has been #1 nearly every year since 2008? you guessed it, alabama. so it's no surprise to anyone who knows football that alabama would dominate while nebraska would be 17-25 in rankings.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    No shit!! We're not saying UCLA isn't a good team its just Neb has tradition and its the only thing in town (or the state) so people want better. UCLA is known for a diff sport or maybe going 8-3 when Aikman played there.
    who gives a shit? nebraska hasn't won squat since 1997... get over yourselves.

Eddy Munny

Crustyme.......all those schools you rattled off, with the exception of Florida, HAVE fired a coach(es) since 1997. Well Bowden "resigned/retired" but only after the heat was on.
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 09-14-13 at 05:05 PM.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

so has nebraska. fired solich and callahan.

pelini has a .718 winning % and won 3 bowl games. not too shabby with a recruiting class that's not in top 15.

Eddy Munny

so has nebraska. fired solich and callahan.

pelini has a .718 winning % and won 3 bowl games. not too shabby with a recruiting class that's not in top 15.
    Well they don't draw straws to determine recruiting classes. If the recruits are subpar, that's a direct indictment on the guy at the top. The winning percentage only proves that they haven't plummeted to the depths of a Kansas, but they don't reflect a program that's consistently relevant. Every time Nebraska has had a game with some national interest sprinkled in, they have faceplanted under Pelini, with few exceptions. Pelini was a good assistant, but a good head coach he is not.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Nebraska almost lost to Wyoming, beat a team that has lost 15 straight, and then got blown out at home today. He is the most over rated coach, I have been saying this for the past few seasons, his time has come. Nebraska needs to go back to the bone.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

lol
    You have up 31 in a half to get blown out of your own stadium. That L on the schedule is the exact same as App St half a decade ago.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Pelini's a fvcking dumb ape.

Only a matter of time before this dipshit punches a ref and is finished.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

in tom osborne's first 5 seasons, he had a .706 winning %. osborne also lost 7 consecutive bowl games at one point. and when he did finally win championship in his later years, he had great recruiting classes that were as high as #2 in the nation.

if you want to blame pelini for failing to recruit the best players (not easy competing with alabama, lsu, usc, florida, miami, etc) that's fine but to blame him for not winning championships with the players he has is completely off base.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You have up 31 in a half to get blown out of your own stadium. That L on the schedule is the exact same as App St half a decade ago.
    i guess a&m should fire sumlin too then because they just got outscored by 35 at their own stadium.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

in tom osborne's first 5 seasons, he had a .706 winning %. osborne also lost 7 consecutive bowl games at one point. and when he did finally win championship in his later years, he had great recruiting classes that were as high as #2 in the nation.

if you want to blame pelini for failing to recruit the best players (not easy competing with alabama, lsu, usc, florida, miami, etc) that's fine but to blame him for not winning championships with the players he has is completely off base.

teaserpleaser

Tom Osborne was along time ago no offense to anybody from Nebraska I've passed through what 5star recruit wants to live in Lincoln when you can go to one of the west coast, Florida teams or bama

teaserpleaser

About 50 other destinations I would rather be heading to than Lincoln ,Nebraska. That's the recruiting problem

Eddy Munny

Osborne tripped up against far more athletically superior Floridian teams in their own back yard. Pelini gets manhandled by teams of equal talent. (See Wisconsin in last year's B1G title game) Fundamentals elude his teams. The coach, and consequently his players, fail in big games because of a lack of composure and mental fortitude. Time and time again Pelini's teams are done in by untimely penalties, turnovers, missed tackles, missed assignments, poor playcalling, failure to make adjustments etc. And letting UCLA finish the game on a 38-0 run in LINCOLN? Please don't mention Osborne in the same breath ever again........Callahan maybe.

123 Last