hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why is MSU line always bloated?

I hate sounding cocky, but 23.5 against Youngstown? Their offense couldn't even score without the help of USF last week and USF gave them 2 freebies. Also USF somehow still scored on them despite not being able to move the ball at all during the game.

I'm sorry, but so long as they keep giving these huge ass lines in the 20's for MSU, you pretty much have to go against them.

Who else feels this? The only people I see predicting them winning big is from Michigan

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Because if they sort out their offense to even be average / a little below average, that defense can have them covering 3TD+ spreads. If Damien Terry sees playing time this season the Spartans could look like an entirely different team.

greypimps
    greypimps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1736

Mich st looking at last year does have the ability to put up points. But they seem to always slow it down.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Because if they sort out their offense to even be average / a little below average, that defense can have them covering 3TD+ spreads. If Damien Terry sees playing time this season the Spartans could look like an entirely different team.
    I think they're just waiting and hoping for this to happen... so when it does, people like me who're pounding their spreads will lose and the reap it in.
    I thought they ran it good in some spots.. but passing not so much.
    They're going with Connor Cook this week...so maybe they'll rely more on his legs than his arm.
    Their D does hold it down though and when they get an offense to help score, they'll be a problem... but right now... their Defense has more points scored than their offense.... so I'll be riding against them again this time.

hougigo

Also... when's the last time they scored more than 26 points?

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Sounds like they might be pulling redshirt off Terry today from everything I read. Cook will still start no matter what though, but if they give Terry a shot today I think that shows there long term plan for season. They will commit to using him over the others unless he gets hurt or is unbelievably bad. Terry is seen as future they were just trying real hard to red shirt him.
    Last edited by HOT WINGS; 09-14-13 at 08:10 AM.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

damn, youngstown getting smacked

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i love the basic theory.... but i didn't play it this week..... not enough points vs. FCS (i have no idea how relatively good FCS youngstown is)..... but i'll be back on it in MSU big 10 play..... nice if they beat up on youngstown, means big 10 spreads should stay juicy

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Tom Izzo

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

MSU hadn't come close to covering ATS on their last 4 spreads above 14 (that's since start of last year)