• Auburn/LSU
    • North Texas/Georgia
    • Kansas State/Texas
    • Rice/Houston
    • LSU/Auburn
    • Notre Dame/Michigan State
    • Utah/BYU
    Points Awarded:

JR007 gave Night-Tripper 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

SilverTongueFox
    SilverTongueFox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5303

Thanks Tripper for this info but not sure i can buy the look ahead in todays college football. For example, I'm not sure a team like Tenn is looking ahead when they have to travel to Oregon to play the Ducks. If so they will get embarrassed and might anyways. Same goes for ASU, and I realize Stanford is conference game but they can't overlook Wisky. Auburn as well cannot overlook Miss St.

There might be a few scenarios where looking ahead could come into play but with all the parity and huge OCC games in college football hard for me to use it in my capping. Maybe look to last years game to see if there is a reason why a certain would circle another team in its schedule to be overlooking the team on the schedule the week before. I could maybe consider if Georgia was playing New Mexico as 42pt favorites the week before Ga Tech. In a rivalry situation w/ a cupcake game the week before. I couldn't see Georgia looking ahead to Ga Tech if they are playing Auburn or even Kentucky.

I would like to hear though which ones you think might be good to go against based on who they play next week.

good info to know!
    Last edited by SilverTongueFox; 09-10-13 at 07:17 AM.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTongueFox View Post
    Thanks Tripper for this info but not sure i can buy the look ahead in todays college football. For example, I'm not sure a team like Tenn is looking ahead when they have to travel to Oregon to play the Ducks. If so they will get embarrassed and might anyways. Same goes for ASU, and I realize Stanford is conference game but they can't overlook Wisky. Auburn as well cannot overlook Miss St.

There might be a few scenarios where looking ahead could come into play but with all the parity and huge OCC games in college football hard for me to use it in my capping. Maybe look to last years game to see if there is a reason why a certain would circle another team in its schedule to be overlooking the team on the schedule the week before. I could maybe consider if Georgia was playing New Mexico as 42pt favorites the week before Ga Tech. In a rivalry situation w/ a cupcake game the week before. I couldn't see Georgia looking ahead to Ga Tech if they are playing Auburn or even Kentucky.

I would like to hear though which ones you think might be good to go against based on who they play next week.

good info to know!
    I'm not a tout and I don't have any interest in becoming one... so I don't believe in making recommendations. I provide the listing of potential look-ahead games as an additional source of information. I leave it up to the individual handicapper to decide whether they want to take the information into consideration.

SilverTongueFox
    SilverTongueFox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5303

Quote Originally Posted by Night-Tripper View Post
    I'm not a tout and I don't have any interest in becoming one... so I don't believe in making recommendations. I provide the listing of potential look-ahead games as an additional source of information. I leave it up to the individual handicapper to decide whether they want to take the information into consideration.
    Tripper I think you misinterpreted my response. I don't think you are a tout and I'm not looking for a recommendation brother. I was just adding to the topic. Appreciate you gathering the info.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTongueFox View Post
    Tripper I think you misinterpreted my response. I don't think you are a tout and I'm not looking for a recommendation brother. I was just adding to the topic. Appreciate you gathering the info.
    No problem... and you're more than welcome.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

Boise State/Fresno State appears on this list twice, albeit it in reverse order the second time. I see what's going on here.....Some very shady message board malpractice methinks. It's the old "I'll sneak it in there twice to fatten the list" trick. Well I'm not falling for it. Frankly, I'm offended.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Boise State/Fresno State appears on this list twice, albeit it in reverse order the second time. I see what's going on here.....Some very shady message board malpractice methinks. It's the old "I'll sneak it in there twice to fatten the list" trick. Well I'm not falling for it. Frankly, I'm offended.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

Quote Originally Posted by Night-Tripper View Post