jakeloftin2186
    jakeloftin2186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1188

A&M Analysis

everyone on this board wants to know as much as they can about this game so they can take it to the window. I'm a season ticket holder so call me a homer all you want but im going to try and break it down for you since Ive been to both game so we can all be winners.As you all know A&M defense had a bunch of players suspended for the rice game and some carried over in the Sam Houston game which included linebacker Steven Jenkins, defensive end Gavin Stansbury, cornerback De'Vante Harris, cornerback Deshazor Everett and safety Floyd Raven all whom are starters. All will be back this week except for Raven who broke his collar bone on the 3rd play from scrimmage against Sam Houston State.The play calling on defensive side of the ball has been as basic as a high school scrimmage no stunts, very little blitzing, no shaking up of coverage to confuse the qb but its still a mystery on how good or bad they really are. The play calling on the offensive side of the ball has been very basic too but I think its safe to say that we all know how special this offense can and will be so that's not really an issue. From what ive read and heard from other people the plan was not to show anything on film that they are wanting to bring to the table against Bama. Johnny has shown to be a better passer this year from last year. He has more zip and more touch. These past two games he just sat in the pocket working on his progressions and reads but im sure he will be given the green light to take off and make things happen with his feet this week. The line at my book is Bama -7.5 o/u62...In my opinion the safest bet is the over here knowing that A&M can and will put up points and mystery of the defense not knowing what they are really capable of but if the line floats to around -10 like I have seen I'm going to play both +10 and over.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Good luck to you! Hope you cash it! But........

I have been on gambling boards for --- 3-4 years. At SBR for almost a year, but I was always reading it.

In all that time-- I have NEVER, NEVER---seen one of these posts where a poster picks against his school.

It's always the same recipe-- they know so much about their home team, they know exactly what line to play at.

My question is this.

If you were making a bet-- would you take advice from someone who knows one team, or both teams?

What you know about A&M is one thing, the bigger question is-- what do you know about Alabama?

I'll be honest though.

I don't wish injury on Manziel. But I do hope his head pops off his body, rolls over to Saban, Saban autorgraphs his forehead, and then places it back on his shoulders.

jakeloftin2186
    jakeloftin2186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1188

well I did take sam Houston at +38 last week if that makes you feel any better. I actually see johnny in the victory formation kneeling out the clock taking a sharpie out of his sock and signing the ball for Saban, ESPN and Paul Finebaum

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by jakeloftin2186 View Post
    well I did take sam Houston at +38 last week if that makes you feel any better. I actually see johnny in the victory formation kneeling out the clock taking a sharpie out of his sock and signing the ball for Saban, ESPN and Paul Finebaum
    And that wouldn't be because you're an A&M fan, would it?

bama11braves
    bama11braves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 772

I am a bama fan and would not bet on this game, not at least for where the line is at right now. As for the first post in this thread about A&M playing vanilla defense. It has been all over the internet that bama did the same thing against Virginia tech even going as far as an OL on the teams dad saying that saban wanted to play the game as straight up as possible as long as they could find a way to win. I re watched the game and it did seem like saban was setting everyone up by not changing from run plays to passes and vice versa when va tech would stack the line or drop back.

Then the icing on the top came this weekend when i was at my friends house and CJ Mosley was over his house watching the games saturday. We were watching the Georgia/Scarolina game and the A&M game and he kept saying exactly what the OL dads said in the article that they were playing that game to get by and that our OL is not as bad as it appeared during that game. He kept saying coach wanted us hungry and not wanting us to feel like we were unbeatable for two weeks. Take all this for what its worth but all this is true. Needless to say it was pretty cool sitting there and talking to him about football. He said that they were ready to go and I believe him. Still wouldnt bet on this game for either side beacause I wouldnt be surprised if Bama won by 30 or A&M won by 30. Just not sure, and to me its not worth wagering money on. There are wayyyy better games for people to bet on this week and advise everyone stay away.

best of luck to all who are wagering on the game