gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

rice (minus 2.... now minus 6) vs. kansas.....

only power ratings i looked at had rice -11 before rice's HFA. say 3 or 4....

i guess kansas having a former #1 QB hs recruit (transferred from BYU) makes them a bit of a wildcard... i was surprised to see sims at TB. thought he transferred.................... not a weiss fan, but in reality he must have a fair amount of talent given his record.

still gotta be rice big.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Rice large.

Love Rice this week.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

Kansas will be better than last year, and last year they lost to Rice by one point. Jake Heaps is a good place to start, but they also return 1000 yard rusher James Sims, and receiver/running back Tony Pierson. They landed the number one rated JUCO recruit in DT Marquel Combs. In fact, their down four linemen will be comprised mainly of touted transfers. Plus they return 2nd team All-Big 12 linebacker Ben Heeney. A lot of question marks on the O-line and the defensive backfield, but I don't expect Kanas to be completely inept. Rice is a team that gives up a lot of points so I'm not sure about laying 6 to a team that may have a little bite this year. Just sayin

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Eddy, thanks........ i knew kansas had gone with some JC reinforcements. i thought the most prominent (DE?) got busted for armed robbery or something. 100% serious.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    Eddy, thanks........ i knew kansas had gone with some JC reinforcements. i thought the most prominent (DE?) got busted for armed robbery or something. 100% serious.
    Good point.....DE Chris Martin who originally committed to Charlie Weiss at Notre Dame is the guy you speak of. He was dismissed from the team. It's pretty hard to cap this game imo. Good luck though

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

South Dakota ran for 220 yards against Kansas, in fact, they averaged 5.1 yards per rush against the Jayhawks.

As for Jake Heaps--- he was 10 of 20 for 110 yards passing-----again, AGAINST SOUTH DAKOTA.

I will be stunned if Rice doesn't win this game by 14+.