Big-10-Man
    Big-10-Man's Avatar Become A Pro!

Line Crusher Team - Big-10-Man's Week 9 notes

Line Crusher Team

I am new to the team, so let me tell you what I do. I don't run through all the spreads, but I focus on the Big Ten and a few others. I don't make picks early in the week, but I do post my thoughts on initial picks. Spreads change, so in turn picks may change. As information becomes available, picks change. My point is that initial picks are just first glances. I hope they workout. However, if you want a better chance wait for the end of the week.

Last week we hit big with my Friday night picks of Penn State, Iowa and Auburn/under. Put together with Line-Crusher's picks, we did really well.

This week 9 Initial picks and thoughts:

Big 10

Indiana +17: Iowa has just come off of a big game, a close game. The loss of their work horse running back, look for them to really work the run game. QB play is good for Iowa too. However, Indiana has a lot of players that are out for injury, but are Prob. However, Indiana will try to play spoiler and work the clock. Iowa will win, but not by -17. The only team Iowa put more the -17 up on was Iowa St. Watch the line on this one. Good chance of change.

Purdue +6.5: Purdue is a great team, they have the potential to win this game out-right. Wisconsin is coming off a bye week that was much needed from the big games with Ohio St. and Iowa. Which they lost. However, Wisconsin is not in the hole like Purdue. Purdue needs to win 3 out of the next 4, at Wisconsin, at Michigan, Michigan State, and at Indiana, to go to a bowl. They have the team to do it too. I think Purdue will hand Wisconsin their third start loss, but if not they will cover this spread.

Michigan State -3.5: MSU is coming off a close loss and no doubt they are still wondering how they heck Iowa screwed up their story book night. However, they will show how good they are this week. Minnesota is down a great wide receiver, but I believe that he wouldn't make a difference anyway. If Cousins plays for MSU, easy pick. If not, MSU is still a good bet.

Penn State -14: Penn State is just that good. Their defense is one of the best and their offense can put up the yards. Northwestern just barely beat Indiana last week.

Michigan -7: Michigan needs this win to go to a bowl. Next on their schedule is Purdue, at Wisconsin, and Ohio State. Illinois is just not the team it was last year. They have yet to show up to a Big 10 game. They points they allow in a game compared to the points that they field is greater them 7. Also, they have yet to lose a game by a margin of 7 or less. The trend will continue.

New Mexico State +44: I am a big OSU fan and I never play my pick for this game. It ruins the game for me. However, New Mexico State is coming off another loss and has marked this game on the schedule. They will come out playing hard. OSU has to use this game a as a practice. They need to get their offense in line before next week’s Penn State game and then the Iowa game the week after. With Herron and Saine banged up look for Pryor to practice his pocket passing and their young backs to get some experience. OSU doesn't want to have anyone else hurt with another BIG 10 title hanging in sight. Look for play to last about 2 to 2.5 quarters and then simple and clock eating plays to be run.

Outside the Big 10

UTEP -7: UAB has a quarterback and... That’s about it. UAB has been on the road for the last two weeks and then to travel to west Texas; this team is tired. UAB's big win against Southern Miss is long in the past. UTEP is not much better, but the edge will have to go to UTEP. UTEP is more rounded, UAB is a QB.

Mississippi -3.5: Auburn is on the down spin. It needs to get its offense back on track. However, Mississippi is back in the position where they are comfortable. They are not in the hunt for the SEC crown and all they have to do is play ball. They will against Auburn and Snead will have a great game too. With Todd playing for Auburn, I think they will struggle. This will not be a blowout game, but look for Mississippi to cover.

Florida -14.5: Florida is good, but as we saw last week, when they don't have their head in the game they can be beat. Florida will open things back up against Georgia. They have had them in their minds for two weeks. Georgia is just not Georgia this year. They are not well rounded and they need to be have a chance against be Florida. Florida’s Defense is going to have a field day. Look for Tebow to saw that he is still one of the greats and Florida will not come away from this cocktail party without a hangover.

Big-10-Man

Updated

Spelling should be correct in this one.

polson22
    polson22's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow, those are some of the best write-ups i've ever seen on an NCAA forum.... thank you very much!!.....

Big-10-Man

Thanks

Thanks for the nice comment. Check back later this week for updates.

tango
    tango's Avatar Become A Pro!

I second what Polson wrote. Straight and to the point. Thanks.

LINE-crush-ER
    LINE-crush-ER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

Quote Originally Posted by Big-10-Man View Post
    Spelling should be correct in this one.
    I think thats a hit a me
    He guys please give him a friendly hello
    He really knows his shit especially in the big ten
    I am very excited to have him with us
    I been to his a couole of times with a mutual friend
    and he asked if I could call in a bet with my booky
    and it just went from there \

Told you guys he was coming and a little more orthodox than ill ever be

77tamale
    77tamale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck man, 1st post for me here but wanted to let you and crusher know we value what you guys are doing. Thanks a bunch and keep it going full throttle ahead.

joeygats
    joeygats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 526

how can i send all my points to you linecrusher, im on a cell btw.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

good luck on these and I hope they come through for you.

dchecks
    dchecks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Big 10 looks like a great addition to the team!! Thanks for the hard work guys!

LINE-crush-ER

Oklahoma state /texas game dropped

really couldnt find anything one way or the other
    certainly texas has a better defense
    previously we all had ok state
    I actually had it figured texas may be a better play into looking at it
    texas has way to many turn overs to give up 10
    ok state ? I dont know
    I mean what are they
    rice
    grambling
    they lost to Houston
    they beat Gerogia
    so what
    guess we will find out saturday
    I want be on this game
    its just before sun rise so im off to bed
    catch you later

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Indiana has lost 4 out of their last 5 games. Iowa now must start winning big if they wish to entertain hopes of going to the NC game. Brownie points start counting about now. Pass.

Purdue is very inconsistant. They have lost 5 games this season. Wisky is just about as inconsistant. They are 2-4 ATS in lined games. Anything under 7 is simply not enough to wager on. Pass.

Michigan State should be ableto handle Minny, who has come back to reality after a 3-1 start. The question is does MSU have anything left in the tank after last weeks crushing defeat at the hands of Iowa at home. Pass.

Penn State is much better than Northwestern, but is in the classic "look ahead" situation with Ohio State coming to visit next week. Ohio State may not score 44 points, and certainly will not risk injury to any starter after the game is safely put away. Pass on both of these teams.

Michigan should totally destroy Illinois unless their defense allows Juice,or whoever starts, to run amok. This game appears to be an obvious pick, but Michigan's non-existant defense has allowed 30 or more points 4 times this season. Lean to Michigan.

Linecrusher, sometimes the best play is no play. If you are not confortable with a game, pass on it. You do not have to play it just because it is on T.V.

LINE-crush-ER

hey man we are out of here , sorry i asked you to come in here
    you do what you want
    this place slows me down way to much
    You know my mind is just way too fast
    to ever type what just went through it
    I ll callyou here in a bit , ive got somewhere
    To make our notes , even if we have to do emails again

LINE-crush-ER

dont mind me , I was fkn pissed
    I just havent got anything done
    Hey
    vtech game is done

I got jerry and grag looking and debating a couple of games
    I just put florida state in as a play for me
    I need you to debate that for me
    I ll give you $50 dollars for a good reason to drop it
    everyone else that a serious bet but only to johnny
    this is what we do
    I want him to get me off this pick
    Let me know what you get Ill see you friday night at Hooters I guess

ScreaminPain
    ScreaminPain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3172

Big Ten guy....thx for posting your obsevations for this weeks games. I admire your insight and your percieved scenarios for the upcoming weekend. For what its worth, my 'capping style has a strong affinity to seasonal calculations and a lot less to intuity, differing somewhat from your analysis. I have no allegience to the big 10 or any other conference as I do this for a living. If I may, here are my opinions of these matchups

Indiana (+17) vs Iowa:
    I agree this number is somewhat too high. Iowa will win this matchup, but that 17 Vegas hung up seems monumental. Why this number? Maybe because Iowa is allowing a paltry 14.8 pts/gm and they are at home, but Indiana's "bend but don't break "D" (allowing only 19 pts/gm) will be a problem. Interestingly, I notice that Indiana's defense line is rated #15 in "tackles for a loss", while Iowa is rated #99 in "tackles for a loss allowed". My model is skewed by the disparity in SoS, so I won't be playing this matchup, but I see a battle here and 17 is a BIG number.
    Iowa 29-17

Purdue (+7) @ Wisconsin
    You mention Purdue has "potential" and with that I agree, but potential doesn't win ball games on the road. The disturbing thing that stands out for me in this game is the TOP difference. Wisconsin seems to be able to "run the clock" a bit better than most and that coupled with the 28th best Rushing Avg. has me a bit interested. Purdue has lost both road games and although I respect that 2pt loss at Oregon, I think they will have a handfull in the Badgers house. This will probably be a no-play, but Purdue's -6 TO ratio and fact that Wisky being 4-1 @ home as well as Purdue being 0-2 as roady's makes me lean to the home team in a close one.
    Wisconsin 29-25

Michigan St. (-3.5) at Minnesota
    This game is Michigan St's to win or lose. The Spartans will be able to run to their hearts content against Minnesota's defensive line defense that allows over 400 yd's per game.....but will that lead to points? Both teams have similar SoS and both can defend in the red zone. 3.5 isn't enough to make me invest....I'l. try to find more oportunistic plays...Pass!
    Michigan St. 25-22

Penn St (-14) at Northwestern
    For big 10 guys, buy some Penn St tickets and line up at the "pay" window. There are no meaningful stats that point to a Northwestern triumph. If Jo' Pa wants to run it up... this is the time. Northwestern can't run the ball and if they pass they're running into Penn St.'s strength. Couple that with the Nittany's Lion's 5.3 Yd/Rush average and I see some TOP disparity. My model has this game fairly close only because of Northwestern's 115th SoS. All things considered, I'd buy into the Penn St scenario by 14-17 pts, not enough margin for me to invest, but a lean to the 'Lions, even on the road.
    Penn St. 35-16

Michigan (-7.5) At Illinois
    One of the biggest defferences in this matchup is the Michigan's abilty to run. Averaging 5.1 yd's/att into the Illini's 101st rated Def against the run is all I need to sway my thinking. Sure Illinois is at home, but their giving up 5.3 yd's/att and over 6 yd's per play, coupled with the fact that they are 1-4 against unranked teams and they haven't won a game against a Div 1 team...will get my vote. The only thing keeping me from playing this game is Michigan's -7 TO ratio. For the less inclined this is all Michigan....(hope the turnovers don't make you sweat)
    Michigan 31-21

New Mexico State (+38) at Ohio St.
    Are you kidding me? I can't lay that kind of wood to anyone...even NMSt. Why play this game? With 55 games this week, I think there are far better wagering opportunities. NM St. has nothing going for it. Even the numbers are skewed because of their anemic SoS.....next to easiest in the Nation...they barely beat Prairie View, for Christ Sakes! Ohio St. can name the score, but with a gun to my head, I'd take the points, but until that happens....Pass!
    Ohio St. 42-7
    Last edited by ScreaminPain; 10-29-09 at 01:11 AM.

LINE-crush-ER

thats funny
    You need to go away after commenting in do not write in thread
    I may not be god in the sbr forum
    but i am god in the line crusher team
    we are thick and you are not wlecome to come back to out thread again
    END OF STORY
    you dont shat for a living if you ve made that many picks already
    we dont need any more helo we a re doing fine just by our self
    he works for me
    im not kidding '
    a simole do not write in thread
    700 views and your the only dumbaz that wrote in it i hope averyone see you as what you are

Quote Originally Posted by ScreaminPain View Post
    Big Ten guy....thx for posting your obsevations for this weeks games. I admire your insight and your percieved scenarios for the upcoming weekend. For what its worth, my 'capping style has a strong affinity to seasonal calculations and a lot less to intuity, differing somewhat from your analysis. I have no allegience to the big 10 or any other conference as I do this for a living. If I may, here are my opinions of these matchups

Indiana (+17) vs Iowa:
    I agree this number is somewhat too high. Iowa will win this matchup, but that 17 Vegas hung up seems monumental. Why this number? Maybe because Iowa is allowing a paltry 14.8 pts/gm and they are at home, but Indiana's "bend but don't break "D" (allowing only 19 pts/gm) will be a problem. Interestingly, I notice that Indiana's defense line is rated #15 in "tackles for a loss", while Iowa is rated #99 in "tackles for a loss allowed". My model is skewed by the disparity in SoS, so I won't be playing this matchup, but I see a battle here and 17 is a BIG number.
    Iowa 29-17

Purdue (+7) @ Wisconsin
    You mention Purdue has "potential" and with that I agree, but potential doesn't win ball games on the road. The disturbing thing that stands out for me in this game is the TOP difference. Wisconsin seems to be able to "run the clock" a bit better than most and that coupled with the 28th best Rushing Avg. has me a bit interested. Purdue has lost both road games and although I respect that 2pt loss at Oregon, I think they will have a handfull in the Badgers house. This will probably be a no-play, but Purdue's -6 TO ratio and fact that Wisky being 4-1 @ home as well as Purdue being 0-2 as roady's makes me lean to the home team in a close one.
    Wisconsin 29-25

Michigan St. (-3.5) at Minnesota
    This game is Michigan St's to win or lose. The Spartans will be able to run to their hearts content against Minnesota's defensive line defense that allows over 400 yd's per game.....but will that lead to points? Both teams have similar SoS and both can defend in the red zone. 3.5 isn't enough to make me invest....I'l. try to find more oportunistic plays...Pass!
    Michigan St. 25-22

Penn St (-14) at Northwestern
    For big 10 guys, buy some Penn St tickets and line up at the "pay" window. There are no meaningful stats that point to a Northwestern triumph. If Jo' Pa wants to run it up... this is the time. Northwestern can't run the ball and if they pass they're running into Penn St.'s strength. Couple that with the Nittany's Lion's 5.3 Yd/Rush average and I see some TOP disparity. My model has this game fairly close only because of Northwestern's 115th SoS. All things considered, I'd buy into the Penn St scenario by 14-17 pts, not enough margin for me to invest, but a lean to the 'Lions, even on the road.
    Penn St. 35-16

Michigan (-7.5) At Illinois
    One of the biggest defferences in this matchup is the Michigan's abilty to run. Averaging 5.1 yd's/att into the Illini's 101st rated Def against the run is all I need to sway my thinking. Sure Illinois is at home, but their giving up 5.3 yd's/att and over 6 yd's per play, coupled with the fact that they are 1-4 against unranked teams and they haven't won a game against a Div 1 team...will get my vote. The only thing keeping me from playing this game is Michigan's -7 TO ratio. For the less inclined this is all Michigan....(hope the turnovers don't make you sweat)
    Michigan 31-21

New Mexico State (+38) at Ohio St.
    Are you kidding me? I can't lay that kind of wood to anyone...even NMSt. Why play this game? With 55 games this week, I think there are far better wagering opportunities. NM St. has nothing going for it. Even the numbers are skewed because of their anemic SoS.....next to easiest in the Nation...they barely beat Prairie View, for Christ Sakes! Ohio St. can name the score, but with a gun to my head, I'd take the points, but until that happens....Pass!
    Ohio St. 42-7

LINE-crush-ER

michigan going north fast
    injury reports all say doubtful for 'brandon minor
    and
    Martavious odom
    but not my resources 'thay all they b m practiced and odom practiced today
    With Michigan cornerback Boubacar Cissoko’s dismissal from the team, an already thin position becomes more of a concern.
    Cissoko was kicked off the team Tuesday by coach Rich Rodriguez. Cissoko’s high school coach told The News that Cissoko was not attending class and missed practices.
    “We need more depth at our corner position,” Rodriguez said. “It was an area of concern coming into the season and remains so. We can address it in recruiting, which we will of course, and we can address with the players we have, which is what we’re trying to do.”
    Rodriguez had suspended Cissoko, who started the first four games, for two games but allowed him to practice. He played last week against Penn State.
    Advertisement

“We have rules and I’ve explained to the team, it’s a privilege, not a right to be on the program,” Rodriguez said Wednesday. “Both on and off the field there are certain rules they have to follow. It’s never pleasant to have to do this, but as I told the team, all I do is enforce the decisions they make.”
    As for Saturday’s game at Illinois, however ...
    Troy Woolfolk, who moved from corner to safety before the season, will make his fourth start at corner.
    Redshirt freshman J.T. Floyd, who won the starting job from Cissoko for the Michigan State game, is healthy and practiced Tuesday.
    “(It) was the best he felt and looked in a while,” Rodriguez said of Floyd.
    James Rogers, who requested a move from receiver to cornerback, is getting more comfortable, Rodriguez said.
    Freshman corner J.T. Turner is expected to be redshirted.
    And finally as far as Cissoko, Rodriguez said he will try to help him move on.
    “If he gets right academically and does what he’s supposed to do hopefully he can continue his career elsewhere,” Rodriguez said.
    Injury update

Senior tailback Brandon Minor (chronic foot/ankle sprain) did little in practice Tuesday. The heel injury Rodriguez said Minor suffered against Penn State is no longer an issue.
    ... Receiver Martavious Odoms (knee) didn’t practice Tuesday but responded to treatment, Rodriguez said. He was expected to practice Wednesday.
    Receiver Junior Hemingway (right knee) was full go in practice Tuesday.
    Extra points

Despite potential distractions this week — the NCAA “Notice of Inquiry” and Cissoko’s dismissal — Rodriguez said his team remains unfazed.
    “The focus has been the same all season,” he said. “I don’t think the players have let anything distract them,” he said. “They’ve been very focused there are times we haven’t played well but it hasn’t been a lack of focus and preparation.”
    “A little bit more drama externally doesn’t affect what we do internally.”
    ... Tailback Carlos Brown will remain on kick returns along with Darryl Stonum.
    Rodriguez said linebackers J.B. Fitzgerald and Kevin Leach should see more playing time at Illinois.
    Quotable

“A head coach is a head coach, but I thought, ‘OK, as a defensive coach or a defensive player, what did I least like to see or like to defend?’ So we kind of built our offense based on some of thoseprinciples.”
    -- Rodriguez, who played defense in college but is an offensive-minded coach and architect of the spread
    also i look for michigan state go north real soon as eric decker is out for year
    the stats are starting to come in how bad they actually are
    last year when he went down they lost five in a row '
    the penn state game I just dont that I like it
    litlle or no evidence they can blow out this team
    also they put up 25 unanswered points last week trailing 28-3
    to win 29-28 looks like mike kafia had an off first half giving up 3 picks
    I am trying to get rid of this michigan game
    but i keep finding things in its favor to keep it

article below
    With Michigan cornerback Boubacar Cissoko’s dismissal from the team, an already thin position becomes more of a concern.
    Cissoko was kicked off the team Tuesday by coach Rich Rodriguez. Cissoko’s high school coach told The News that Cissoko was not attending class and missed practices.
    “We need more depth at our corner position,” Rodriguez said. “It was an area of concern coming into the season and remains so. We can address it in recruiting, which we will of course, and we can address with the players we have, which is what we’re trying to do.”
    Rodriguez had suspended Cissoko, who started the first four games, for two games but allowed him to practice. He played last week against Penn State.
    “We have rules and I’ve explained to the team, it’s a privilege, not a right to be on the program,” Rodriguez said Wednesday. “Both on and off the field there are certain rules they have to follow. It’s never pleasant to have to do this, but as I told the team, all I do is enforce the decisions they make.”
    As for Saturday’s game at Illinois, however ...
    Troy Woolfolk, who moved from corner to safety before the season, will make his fourth start at corner.
    Redshirt freshman J.T. Floyd, who won the starting job from Cissoko for the Michigan State game, is healthy and practiced Tuesday.
    “(It) was the best he felt and looked in a while,” Rodriguez said of Floyd.
    James Rogers, who requested a move from receiver to cornerback, is getting more comfortable, Rodriguez said.
    Freshman corner J.T. Turner is expected to be redshirted.
    And finally as far as Cissoko, Rodriguez said he will try to help him move on.
    “If he gets right academically and does what he’s supposed to do hopefully he can continue his career elsewhere,” Rodriguez said.
    Injury update

Senior tailback Brandon Minor (chronic foot/ankle sprain) did little in practice Tuesday. The heel injury Rodriguez said Minor suffered against Penn State is no longer an issue.
    ... Receiver Martavious Odoms (knee) didn’t practice Tuesday but responded to treatment, Rodriguez said. He was expected to practice Wednesday.
    Receiver Junior Hemingway (right knee) was full go in practice Tuesday.
    Extra points

Despite potential distractions this week — the NCAA “Notice of Inquiry” and Cissoko’s dismissal — Rodriguez said his team remains unfazed.
    “The focus has been the same all season,” he said. “I don’t think the players have let anything distract them,” he said. “They’ve been very focused there are times we haven’t played well but it hasn’t been a lack of focus and preparation.”
    “A little bit more drama externally doesn’t affect what we do internally.”
    ... Tailback Carlos Brown will remain on kick returns along with Darryl Stonum.
    Rodriguez said linebackers J.B. Fitzgerald and Kevin Leach should see more playing time at Illinois.
    Quotable

“A head coach is a head coach, but I thought, ‘OK, as a defensive coach or a defensive player, what did I least like to see or like to defend?’ So we kind of built our offense based on some of thoseprinciples.”
    -- Rodriguez, who played defense in college but is an offensive-minded coach and architect of the spread

Big-10-Man

Notes Reviewed

Line Crusher Team

Well I have reviewed the games I posted and have run a couple of my game time simulations on them. It is a method that I have worked on for a long time, but it seems to work pretty well. I will review my games again later this week. I just wanted to post my notes. I am dropping a couple just because I am not really sure what will happen. I drop my 1 and 2 star picks for sure.

Note: not all games have additional notes. But scores are posted for all.

I rate my picks by *, the more the better.

This week 9 Review of Initial picks and thoughts:

Big 10

Indiana +17: Iowa has just come off of a big game, a close game. The loss of their work horse running back, look for them to really work the run game. QB play is good for Iowa too. However, Indiana has a lot of players that are out for injury, but are Prob. However, Indiana will try to play spoiler and work the clock. Iowa will win, but not by -17. The only team Iowa put more the -17 up on was Iowa St. Watch the line on this one. Good chance of change.
    Reviewed: My pick still stands after my review of these teams. They have comparable offenses but Iowa has the edge on defense. I know that is a big surprise, but just restating the obvious. When I ran my 1st and 2nd game simulation, I could not believe that I came up with the same scores twice. I used different variables and still came up with the same score. I normally take the score that is closest to the spread in my simulations. I will run a 3rd later this week.
    Pick: Indiana +17 *
    Score: Iowa 30, Indiana 14
    Total: 44

Purdue +6.5: Purdue is a great team, they have the potential to win this game out-right. Wisconsin is coming off a bye week that was much needed from the big games with Ohio St. and Iowa. Which they lost. However, Wisconsin is not in the hole like Purdue. Purdue needs to win 3 out of the next 4, at Wisconsin, at Michigan, Michigan State, and at Indiana, to go to a bowl. They have the team to do it too. I think Purdue will hand Wisconsin their third start loss, but if not they will cover this spread.
    Reviewed: My pick still stands after my review of these teams. Wisconsin’s defense will have a hard time slowing down Purdue’s offensive attack. And with Clay possibly out, Wisconsin will not be able to hold onto the ball for long periods of time. I ran my 1st and 2nd game simulation, and one had Purdue winning and the other had Wisconsin. However, Wisconsin didn’t cover the -6.5.
    Pick: Purdue +6.5 ***
    Score: Wisconsin 31, Purdue 28
    Total: 59

Michigan State -3.5: MSU is coming off a close loss and no doubt they are still wondering how they heck Iowa screwed up their story book night. However, they will show how good they are this week. Minnesota is down a great wide receiver, but I believe that he wouldn't make a difference anyway. If Cousins plays for MSU, easy pick. If not, MSU is still a good bet.
    Reviewed: My pick still stands after my review of these teams. MSU is hands down a better team. Minnesota without Decker is like Florida without Pierce. I ran my 1st and 2nd game simulation, and both of them had MSU covering the spread. Again, I picked the simulation closest to the real spread.
    Pick: Michigan State -3.5 *****
    Score: Michigan State 26, Minnesota 14
    Total: 40

Penn State -14: Penn State is just that good. Their defense is one of the best and their offense can put up the yards. Northwestern just barely beat Indiana last week.
    Reviewed: My pick still stands after my review of these teams. I ran my 1st and 2nd game simulation, and both of them had Penn State covering the spread.
    Pick: Penn State -14.5 *****
    Score: Penn State 34, Northwestern 10
    Total: 44

Michigan -7: Michigan needs this win to go to a bowl. Next on their schedule is Purdue, at Wisconsin, and Ohio State. Illinois is just not the team it was last year. They have yet to show up to a Big 10 game. They points they allow in a game compared to the points that they field is greater them 7. Also, they have yet to lose a game by a margin of 7 or less. The trend will continue.
    Reviewed: My pick still stands after my review of these teams. I ran my 1st and 2nd game simulation, and both of them had Michigan covering the spread.
    Pick: Michigan -7 ***
    Score: Michigan 28, Illinois 14
    Total: 42

New Mexico State +44: I am a big OSU fan and I never play my pick for this game. It ruins the game for me. However, New Mexico State is coming off another loss and has marked this game on the schedule. They will come out playing hard. OSU has to use this game a as a practice. They need to get their offense in line before next week’s Penn State game and then the Iowa game the week after. With Herron and Saine banged up look for Pryor to practice his pocket passing and their young backs to get some experience. OSU doesn't want to have anyone else hurt with another BIG 10 title hanging in sight. Look for play to last about 2 to 2.5 quarters and then simple and clock eating plays to be run.
    Reviewed: My pick still stands after my review of these teams. I ran my 1st and 2nd game simulation, Ohio State covered in one simulation and New Mexico State covered the next. I picked the closest to the spread.
    Pick: New Mexico State +44*
    Score: Ohio State 45, New Mexico State 3
    Total: 48

Outside the Big 10

UTEP -7: UAB has a quarterback and... That’s about it. UAB has been on the road for the last two weeks and then to travel to west Texas; this team is tired. UAB's big win against Southern Miss is long in the past. UTEP is not much better, but the edge will have to go to UTEP. UTEP is more rounded, UAB is a QB.
    Reviewed: My pick still stands after my review of these teams. Talk about two bad teams. UTEP still has the edge on offense and with UAB beat up from being on the road, I still see UTEP covering. I ran my 1st and 2nd game simulation, UTEP covered both times.
    Pick: UTEP -7***
    Score: UTEP 32, UAB 14
    Total: 46

Mississippi -3.5: Auburn is on the down spin. It needs to get its offense back on track. However, Mississippi is back in the position where they are comfortable. They are not in the hunt for the SEC crown and all they have to do is play ball. They will against Auburn and Snead will have a great game too. With Todd playing for Auburn, I think they will struggle. This will not be a blowout game, but look for Mississippi to cover.
    Reviewed: My pick still stands after my review of these teams. Mississippi is on the rise and Auburn is falling into the mode of “we can’t lose again.” With Mississippi putting up numbers like they did last week, Auburn better come ready to play a lot of defense. I ran my 1st and 2nd game simulation, Mississippi covered both times.
    Pick: Mississippi -3.5 *****
    Score: Mississippi 28, Auburn 17
    Total: 45

Florida -14.5: Florida is good, but as we saw last week, when they don't have their head in the game they can be beat. Florida will open things back up against Georgia. They have had them in their minds for two weeks. Georgia is just not Georgia this year. They are not well rounded and they need to be have a chance against be Florida. Florida’s Defense is going to have a field day. Look for Tebow to saw that he is still one of the greats and Florida will not come away from this cocktail party without a hangover.
    Reviewed: My pick still stands after my review of these teams, even with a move in the line to -15. Florida is ready for this game. Tebow needs one more rushing touchdown to break Hershel Walker’s record. I spoke with a friend from Athens and this is about the only news that is firing up Georgia fans. God knows it’s not the team. However, Georgia has a young team and they will try and keep this game close, but with a rookie quarterback facing a defense like Florida’s, lights out. I ran my 1st and 2nd game simulation, Florida covered both times.
    Pick: Florida -15****
    Score: Florida 37, Georgia 17
    Total: 54

BrownTown
    BrownTown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 164

Nice info Big-10 ... Huge OSU fan too and I can't agree more on NMS game.
    The Vest is not going to risk any stupid injuries while still in the hunt for a Rose Bowl bid

Big-10-Man

Arkansas (Ark) and Eastern Michigan (EM) debate

LINE-crush-ER

Met with Line-crush-ER yesterday and was asked to debate Arkansas (Ark) and Eastern Michigan (EM) game.
    Line: Arkansas -36.5 today
    Notes:
    -EM with no QB
    -EM will have to run ball
    -Rush 30 plus times in last three games
    -time of possession in last three games 31mins, 26mins, 33.33 mins
    -Ark has South Carolina next week
    -South Carolina ranked 3rd against pass
    -Ark needs to be able to run
    -Ark’s lead rusher has only 360 yards
    -Ark will be able to run ball
    -Central Michigan rushed for 208 yards against EM