alabasterf
    alabasterf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

Fade BYU

I posted this a couple weeks ago:

I attended BYU's morning practice today. Though closed to the public, my status as an alumni allowed me access. A few things stood out. Firstly, as has been publicly documented, the cb position has been decimated by injuries. There appears to be a woeful lack of depth in this department. Secondly, I was not impressed by the offensive line play. The tackles looked soft and slow-footed, particularly the right tackle. The center position looked quite weak as well. Depth appears to be an issue on both lines. The first-team defensive tackles seemed stout, whipping the offensive line in one on one drills. This may be due, in part, to poor line play. The defensive ends seem average at best, with very little option with the number 2s. The linebacker play is their strong point, but besides Van Noy, they don't seem to have any other game changers. They will not be the juggernaut defensively that they were last year. Offensively, their QB, Taysom Hill, lacks experience throwing the football. He is a good runner, big, and strong. I think his accuracy is limited, and he likely will have little time going through progressions. The OC is putting in an up-tempo offense that will probably be more productive than last season through the air, but it may take some time. The RB position is fair, but not spectacular. I think they will have trouble running the ball consistently due to soft lineman. The receiving corp is quite talented, but did not look sharp today, dropping several easy catches. Nevertheless, this is the best unit offensively. Hard to look good if line and QB are suspect. I don't like the Virginia line and am staying away, but may be real interested when Texas visits Provo week 2. Also, I've seen a Byu win total at 8 or 8.5. I'm inclined to think BYU wins 7 games, 8 at best. I hope this is helpful.

P. S. Things may even be worse than I had initially thought. They will be 6-6 at best this year.
    Texas -7

kobstopa
    kobstopa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3520

good write and intel, ty

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Does your bishop know you gamble?

Givemhell Horns
    Givemhell Horns's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great write up!