DvdBonan
    DvdBonan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Teams I Like This Week

Here are the games I like this week:

1) Arizona - 10 @ UNLV - Carey is back, defense which was the huge question mark has all returning starters and albeit vs an FCS team got the goose egg on the board. UNLV was very turnover prone vs Minny.

2) Tulane - 6' vs S Alabama - I don't know if this is Phil Steele talking to me but S Alabama lost at home to a FCS team and Tulane had a solid game led by a great D. I don't see the Jags putting up more then 14 points.

3) Texas -6" (buying hook) at BYU - Texas started extremely sluggish last week but once the Aggies scored, it seemed to have woken them up and they couldn't be stopped. I realize going into Provo is tough but Texas seems to win a key non conference road game each year and BYU seems to lose one home game vs a AQ team.

4) Minnesota - 15' @ New Mexico St - really like how Minnesota finished the last game. Special teams was the difference and defense gave up yards but got turnovers. Aggies went the other way, started off strong and fell apart. This will be a pay back game after the Aggies beat the Gophers 2 years ago

5) Auburn - 12' vs Arkansas St - I was really impressed with the Cougars vs Auburn last week. I think they are very underrated heading into the season. Auburn handled the storm and looked great offensively. Really liked the play of Marshall and the D got huge turnovers when needed.

6) Oklahoma -21 vs W Virginia - I really don't think the Mountaineers can score. They lost everyone on the offensive side of the ball. I think this is a great spot for Oklahoma's freshman QB to put up some big numbers vs a suspect D. I see this as a 31-3 type score.

7) Oklahoma St - 26' @ UTSA - we all thought the Cowboy offense would lead them over the Bulldogs but it was their D. That really excites me as now they go from an SEC team to a lower end CUSA team. Think the offense wakes up and puts up huge numbers.

8) Duke -6 @ Memphis - was a complete mismatch last year. Memphis D is strong but Duke running game led by a very underrated Oline will pound the Tigers inside.

9) Oregon -21' @ Virginia - let down game for the Cavs after a huge upset victory last week.

Haven't decided how many units I will be putting on each but these are my leans.

caseyman011
    caseyman011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Auburn beating Washington State was no huge task. Arkansas State is a solid team, and it wouldn't surprise me if they hung in late in the game and stole a win away from the Tigers. I look for them to cover. I like your Minny pick (NMSU would lose to quite a few FCS teams), Oklahoma State (they should contain Soza and JW Walsh should have a huge all-around game), Arizona and Oregon. Texas kind of scares me, just because they didn't punch NMSU in the mouth early and BYU is so stout at home. I don't really have a lean either way on the other games, but BOL to you.

DvdBonan
    DvdBonan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

I think the Washington State offense looked very good at times yesterday and they will definitely do much better this season that last season... I laughed at the Bane masks that Texas is using to train for playing in Provo

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24876

I don't disagree with the Oregon pick, but your reasoning is completely off the mark. Let down spot the week you're hosting Oregon?? C'mon man, you're better than that.....Yea like BYU was the red letter non-conference game all the Cavalier players had circled on their schedule, not that little green team from Eugene. I don't think Virginia's attention is waning this week because they beat some middling Mormon football squad to which they were an underdog by only a field goal.

Death Valley
    Death Valley's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Arkansas State as Auburn didn't impress me last week.I agree with most of your selections though.